• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

posting links in forum threads

I wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of the ability to shorten or rename links that one wants to post in the forums. I see so many links of the actual URLs, which can be quite long sometimes. I used to do this too. Norm then posted about a site that allows you to shorten the links---but that is unnecessarily cumbersome.

For those who don't know--when you are posting a new message, you will see the subject line and then a bunch of buttons at the top of the message body that allows for you to bold, italicize, underline, etc. your text. Something that people should use is the URL function. Although copying and pasting does allow a live link to be placed in your post, using teh second option of the URL button will be much cleaner. The format is as follows where the parantheses are my directions:

(name your linke here)

Please use this function to keep your posts clearer and so we know what the links are to. Thank you.

For example, if I wanted to post an IGN link:
    Upcoming 360 Game Launches
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • RaTix
    Emperor

For reference, there is a link for basic BBCode usage and tags when creating or replying to a post. Just click on where it says BBCode under the Emoticons.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• FLATLINE
      Civilian
      • Dec 2006

Vey nice thanks guys
      Momma always told me never put off tomorrow Stuff you can blow up today!!!!

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎