Cross Platforming A Reality?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Platforming A Reality?

Earlier this week "Psyonix" came out and said that cross platforming between the 3 major systems, is to come true very soon. For those who are not familiar with Psyonix they are responsible for making and supporting rocket league along with other games. Who here on the PC, Xbox, and PS4 has Rocket League, or would get it, for a cross platform DSA night? Given they allow you to set up private rooms with the appropriating consoles.
    " I need a beer "

So far Nintendo switch, Xbox and PC can cross play. Sony still isn't there.
    sigpic

Comment

They've reportedly have had cross platform ready to go with all 3 for awhile now and some even said it was just the matter of flipping a switch. Sony just won't budge on it.

Comment

This is true, Sony states it wants to protect its player base. I call bullshit and so do the rest of the community.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RageProphetXIII View Post
          This is true, Sony states it wants to protect its player base. I call bullshit and so do the rest of the community.
          The only thing they are trying to protect is their pocket.
          " I need a beer "

Comment

MS claimed the same when they had the majority market share and didn't want to open it. Now Sony has majority share and they don't want to hurt that lead. If Nintendo makes a serious next gen console comeback, or some other third party company does, that might push Sony and MS to work together and "Flip the Switch". I had hoped that the Steam Link/Machines would be that 3rd competitor needed push the industry and keep them honest. But I think there were many flaws in their release. The controller was a main killer off the bat. It's good for certain PC games, but for regular controller games, it's awkward as hell. Steam does have the the game library size for it though.

But I digress.. Competition drives innovation. And to quote Hunter Gathers from Venture Bros,
            "Lesson number one: trust no one. Minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them."

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
            ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

Its all about the Benjamins it always has been, and always will be.
              " I need a beer "

Comment

Comms

Collapse

My Squads

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 276 at 01:36 PM on 06-14-2017.

Dark Side Alliance Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 12,185   Posts: 138,880   Members: 2,056   Active Members: 19
              Welcome to our newest member, sunyraa.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
              X