HAUPPAUGE HD PVR - (allows recording of gameplay in HD)

Collapse

Ad

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • APAT
    Honorary DSA
    • Mar 2010

HAUPPAUGE HD PVR - (allows recording of gameplay in HD)

I've got this bad boy on the way. It'll allow me to capture video in 720p of gameplay and post it on the site via Youtube. It'll be a few weeks before I get everything I need to get it rolling. Should be a fun little hobby and maybe it'll help us in training and recruitment in our PS3 division. And, of coarse, maybe capture some of those funny moments we have in games. This is going to be cool

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin
  • nd32479
    Imperial Advisor
    • Aug 2009

That would be sweet. I have been trying to find an easy way to capture game play (in HD), take it to editing, then to posting.

If it all works pretty easily, let me know APAT.

I agree it would be helpful with recruiting and training. It would be assume to have a "walk through video" of each map that someone could pull up any time.

While I think YouTube would be nice for some of the videos, we may want to have some hosted privately, especially if it has to do with strategies, etc. However, I have NO IDEA on options for something like that. But I bet at least 1 out of 2 people that read this thread will know. :)
    ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
    The innumerable caravan, which moves
    To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
    His chamber in the silent halls of death,
    Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
    Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
    By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
    Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
    About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

• jmhc74
      Honorary DSA
      • Dec 2007

Great......that's all I need. Someone recording me throwing my sticky nades and having people yell at me. Having flashbacks of when Bob recorded some of our matches and I messed up and Eagle started yelling at me. Yeh, nothing like hearing Mike say "There goes Jim" and then Eagle say "Will you put the fucking nades away!!"

Good times.....I guess.
      sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• k1gibson
        Stormtrooper
        • Jan 2009

I have done some recordings which is pretty cool and upload to You Tube the problem is that they only allow 10min videos and if record in 720 or higher the file size is huge and takes a very long time to upload (like 4 hrs or more) and also you will most likely have to convert the file to a mpeg4 and that takes along time to.
        sigpic
        "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
        "Conquer, but don't triumph."

Comment

• APAT
          Honorary DSA
          • Mar 2010

I'm sure I'll have to play around with how I render the video to find a balance of quality and file size. I'm going to have to get some video editing software. I know there's some free stuff out there but I'm not sure what works well. If any of you guys know much on the subject please let me know.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• APAT
            Honorary DSA
            • Mar 2010

Got it today. I need to get some cables in order to get started. Should be ready by next Socom practice

Comment

• MajinTony
              Honorary DSA
              • Aug 2005

Should record some random public play to work out the bugs before practice.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• APAT
                Honorary DSA
                • Mar 2010

Right on Tony. Get my 15' usb Saturday so ill play around with it Sunday if I'm not too hungover :)

Comment

• k1gibson
                  Stormtrooper
                  • Jan 2009

Apat I use Coral digital studio 2010 to do editing and converting.
                  sigpic
                  "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."

Comment

• k1gibson
                    Stormtrooper
                    • Jan 2009

This was one of our fun nights

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I43eyo-lAD4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Fun_nightpart1.mpg[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9OP5QW9vAw&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Fun_nightpart3.mpg[/nomedia]
                    Last edited by k1gibson; 09-18-2010, 04:08 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• drg0012
                      Civilian
                      • Dec 2009

Hey Apat, have you used this much lately? What do you think now that you've had it for a little bit?
                      sigpic

Comment

• APAT
                        Honorary DSA
                        • Mar 2010

Its an easy way to record HD video for sure. The quality is really good. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to record gameplay. There are programs and settings to give you the ability to record TV but I havent messed with that since i have a DVR

You can check some of the videos on my youtube page. My name is dsaAPAT

Youtube degrades the quality some but still looks good. Quality is WAY better playing off my hard drive

Comment

• nd32479
                          Imperial Advisor
                          • Aug 2009

APAT,

I just purchased this. How many minutes/hours of game play can you record at once?
                          ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
                          The innumerable caravan, which moves
                          To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
                          His chamber in the silent halls of death,
                          Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
                          Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
                          By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
                          Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
                          About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

• APAT
                            Honorary DSA
                            • Mar 2010

When I record it stops at 1hr 8min every time. Idk why. May be a stiing with my external HD or some power saving setting on my computer. I'm sure there's an easy fix tho.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎