Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k1gibson
    Stormtrooper
    • Jan 2009

Well i bought a used 2011 thinkpad t420 with a new extend battery for 280 bucks seems to be a real solid laptop. I5 processor 2.5 ghz. 4gb of ram 500 gb harddrive, lots of extra stuff
    sigpic
    "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
    "Conquer, but don't triumph."

Comment

• RageProphetXIII
      Officer
      • Jan 2009

Specs aren't bad. not sure about thinkpad. never really been my brand but they have been around for a long time.

I'm looking for a 17 inch laptop for the misses. She doesn't spreadsheets and stuff like that for work, and we watch a lot of netfilx.

I'll see what i can find out there.
      sigpic

Comment

• norm
        Imperial Guard
        • Jun 2006
        • DSA norm

Nice KG. Lenovo puts out a pretty decent machine.

You may want to look at the RAM for the laptop and see if you can upgrade it. If you can it might be worth it to double your RAM.

Also did the former owner wipe the computer and put a fresh install of everything on there for you?

Rage - pretty much everything I said to KG applies to you.

Only thing I would change is making sure you look into something like Office 365 if she does work from home and an office.

For watching videos either its own graphics card work be nice or 6-8GB of memory world be ideal for you.

Speadsheets I think like processors more than they like memory. So maybe one of the newer i5's would work better for that need. Ratix might now more about that then I do.
        Last edited by norm; 10-28-2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• k1gibson
          Stormtrooper
          • Jan 2009

Norm yes it has been restored back to original and I had a IT friend of mine check it out.
          And yes it can be upgraded to 16gb of ram and it does have windows 7, the machine is a 2011
          Office 365 is nexted to get.
          sigpic
          "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
          "Conquer, but don't triumph."

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎