Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stryker0022
    Honorary DSA

Xbox 360 Connectivity Issue

Alright guys, I spent almost 2hrs with Xbox Support yesterday. The final result, less lag but lag nonetheless😖.

About a week ago I started having problems logging on to the home screen. I would log in but I was unable to view any of the marketplace content. It would asked to log in to XBL although is was already logged in. I tried doing the following: 1) cleared system catche, 2) removed hard drive, and 3) deleted my gamer profile and re-downloaded it again. Troubleshooting tips I got from the Xbox support forums. It help a little and that was the reason I thought I could log in yesterday for practice. But the lag was horrible. After troubleshooting with Xbox support, we found that the USB port for the wifi adapter in the back was bad. When I connected the adaptor to one of the front USB ports, the connection seem to improve.

As of this morning I can view all the content on the dashboard. However, I tried playing BF3 online and I was still lagging. Not as bad as yesterday but enough so that I can't play.

At this point I don't know what else to do other than to get rid of the wireless connection. As a side note, we did check all my router settings and performed a speed test from a hard line computer (approximately 35 Mbps). We even deleted the last system update and re-downloaded it again😤. I don't have the same problem with my PS3 which is also connected through WIFI.

To top it all off, my controller battery from my play and charge kit just died and is not charging anymore😡... I wanted to break my 360 yesterday.

I will try to make to friday practice. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PSN: Stryker0022
    XBL: DSA Stryker

sigpic
  • RaTix
    Emperor

First and foremost, I would make sure you have a static IP setup on the XBOX and forward the appropriate ports.

Hard wiring is also always better then going wireless. Gaming on wireless is like cutting your internet connection's leg off at the knees.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Stryker0022
      Honorary DSA

I went through all the server settings and everything is set-up correctly. Going to try hooking up a different 360 within the next couple of days.

sigpic

Comment

• Andy
        Honorary DSA

Originally posted by RaTix
        Hard wiring is also always better then going wireless. Gaming on wireless is like cutting your internet connection's leg off at the knees.
        I agree with Ratix. I used to have major connectivity issues like you are having when I used wireless. I have switched to hard wire and havent had an issue sine

Comment

• Stryker0022
          Honorary DSA

Thanks, guys. Been meaning hard wire my consoles anyway. I guess it's time.

sigpic

Comment

• Cottoinc
            Imperial Advisor
            • Dec 2009
            • DSA Cotto

I would try the hard line just to see if the lag clears up. If the USB port on the back of the xvox has gone bad there is a chance that the WI-FI adapter has also gone bad.

Here is the post where we have all the tips and trick on xbox networking. [ame="http://www.darksidealliance.com/showthread.php?t=26118"]Firewall Ports needed for Xbox Live - Dark Side Alliance[/ame]
            "Thrawn: "Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake, Ensign?"
            Colclazure: "No, sir."
            Thrawn: "Anyone can make an error, Ensign. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." [points at Pietersen, Rukh kills him] "Dispose of it. The error, Ensign, has now been corrected. You may begin training a replacement."
            ―Grand Admiral Thrawn, punishing a naval officer for failure

Comment

• norm
              Imperial Guard
              • Jun 2006
              • DSA norm

Thank you for contacting the DSA help line. We are sorry you are having issues with our service at the moment. How may I assist you today?

For Ratix's benefit...lol

Ports and adapters go bad, not much you can do about that.

Just out of curiosity what version of the 360 do you have?

When you said you were having problems with the home screen did you have the same problems if you were online as you did offline?

Like Ratix said having a static IP set for your 360 is smart decision. Here is a good link with pictures showing how to do that.
              Here is a guide on how to setup a static IP address on your Xbox 360. Setting up a static IP on your Xbox 360 will aide in getting an Open NAT, and forwarding ports for your Xbox 360.

If everything works out correctly you should have to do anything past step 15.

What model Router do you have?

Some other weird problems that could cause issues is your ISP. They might have made a change that could have blocked something. Personally my ISP's modem is also a built with a router. I have their equipment set to bridge mode so the signal passes through their stuff and it allows my router to handle the job. Once the ISP pushed a patch into their equipment and when it happened it reset it out of bridge mode. So I ended up with something called a double NAT which is basically two routers fighting it out and no one wins.

Comment

• Stryker0022
                Honorary DSA

Originally posted by Cottoinc
                I would try the hard line just to see if the lag clears up. If the USB port on the back of the xvox has gone bad there is a chance that the WI-FI adapter has also gone bad.

Here is the post where we have all the tips and trick on xbox networking. Firewall Ports needed for Xbox Live - Dark Side Alliance
                I hard lined my Xbox on Tuesday and it got rid of the home screen issues. I could tell right away it was better because the log in time to the dashboard was much quicker. I didn't try to play on line so I'll do that.

I have a spare wifi adaptor so I know it's not that.

I went through my router settings with Xbox support but I'll check again.

Thanks for the help.

sigpic

Comment

• Stryker0022
                  Honorary DSA

Originally posted by norm
                  Thank you for contacting the DSA help line. We are sorry you are having issues with our service at the moment. How may I assist you today?

For Ratix's benefit...lol

Ports and adapters go bad, not much you can do about that.

Just out of curiosity what version of the 360 do you have?

When you said you were having problems with the home screen did you have the same problems if you were online as you did offline?

Like Ratix said having a static IP set for your 360 is smart decision. Here is a good link with pictures showing how to do that.
                  Here is a guide on how to setup a static IP address on your Xbox 360. Setting up a static IP on your Xbox 360 will aide in getting an Open NAT, and forwarding ports for your Xbox 360.

If everything works out correctly you should have to do anything past step 15.

What model Router do you have?

Some other weird problems that could cause issues is your ISP. They might have made a change that could have blocked something. Personally my ISP's modem is also a built with a router. I have their equipment set to bridge mode so the signal passes through their stuff and it allows my router to handle the job. Once the ISP pushed a patch into their equipment and when it happened it reset it out of bridge mode. So I ended up with something called a double NAT which is basically two routers fighting it out and no one wins.
                  Lol... I have an original Xbox.

I don't have a problem with the home screen when I'm offline. Log in is quick

I have a Motorola SurfBoard from Time Warner.

I did go over the server settings with Xbox support but I'll make sure to go over the router settings again.

Wish me luck.

Thanks Norm for the help.

sigpic

Comment

• norm
                    Imperial Guard
                    • Jun 2006
                    • DSA norm

No problem. Glad to help.

You know with your 360 I was thinking what is the IP address you set for your 360? I can't remember who it was, but we had someone set their IP address as something like 192.168.1.4. They had the correct ports and everything on their router. The problem was they had several devices that connected to the internet. So what happened is their Xbox would be off and they would have used a few other devices and the router would assign that device with the same address as their Xbox. So when they turned on their Xbox the router was all sorts of confused and they had issues. So we had them set the static IP to something like 192.168.1.40 and it was fine after that.

That may not be the case with your Xbox, but if anyone else is reading this hopefully they can learn something too.

I'm glad you got to try direct connecting and it worked for you. That's why I asked about if you were having the same home screen lag offline as you were online.

I'm not sure about the set up in your home or if you can run cable or not. I hope you can. Ethernet is pretty cheap so that's a good thing.

Good luck with everything and let us know how it goes!

Comment

• Stryker0022
                      Honorary DSA

Will do Norm.

I tried getting on tonight and had no issues with lag. I'm still going to double check the router settings before tomorrow night.

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎