X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDEZ09
    Honorary DSA
    • Jul 2009

DSA Movies / Capture card discussions

The DSA has been in awe by the inspiring work of Deslock and his DSA Toy Theatre. Giving me some thought about other projects that come into mind while both gaming and viewing youtube works by other corporations.

One of the things that stand out the most when you can remember youtubers is not only just gameplay, but Cinematics, machinimas, and such. Using real gameplay but making it more epic, and more engaging.

DUST 514 has a thriving community; and while there has been a good mix of gameplay videos and commentaries, there hasn't been ANY Machinimas made for the game.

We've seen things like this in games like Battlefield 3/4 and planetside 2. Also, Halo, Killzone, and a few other good games.

But... DUST514 is still untouched waters. Which brings me to my point.

By purchacing a game capture card, it will allow the DSA DUST 514 team to further enhance its entire community, in a way that others have not. Recreating battle scenes from the DSA Chronicles, or DSA WarBar cantina chronicles, would really kick off a youtube sensation. Bringing all the more attention to a very prominent clan in the gaming community, the DSA.

We can surely do live commentaries, with the crew playing superb like always during practice nights. But my goal is to eventually build the skill set necessary to be a cinema director for our own patented machinima projects. Imagine what that would mean for our entire clan here.

The capture card that I am currently eyeballing is the "Elgato" HD capture card. It features dual HDMI outputs to tac on to HD compatible PCs, as well as the HD TV of my choice.

This type of capture card is one of the best in the business. It will also ensure the quality of gaming capturing on our next gen adventures such as the upcoming Destiny, and Battlefront games.

I would like to ask for some help on software tips and tricks that will allow us to create some of the highest quality footage on the social media. If anyone wants to chime in with some input, please do so.

I am very savvy when it comes to editing software, and can learn and adapt quickly to make this happen sooner, rather than later.

Let me know what you all think. This could be the start of something big.
    Last edited by JDEZ09; 06-29-2014, 02:54 PM.
    sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus
  • JDEZ09
    Honorary DSA
    • Jul 2009

Here is another capture card that gets my attention. It isn't as expensive as the ElGato, but it might be able to do the trick also. Let me know what yall think. If anyone has a capture card already, it will really help out to get some feedback about different types.

sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus

Comment

• Deslock
      Darth Beratter

I will PM you about this.

sigpic

Comment

• The_Blunt
        Officer
        • Jul 2007
        • DSA Blunt

As one of DSA's resident movie makers, my only piece of advice to you is...

Do not use Windows Live Movie Maker. For the love of God. Anything else but that.
        sigpic

Comment

• JDEZ09
          Honorary DSA
          • Jul 2009

Lol noted

- DSAJDEZ09
          Ratix's Elite Imperial Guard
          sigpic

Comment

• JDEZ09
            Honorary DSA
            • Jul 2009

Hey blunt send a link to your channel if you have one, Id like to check it out.

Right now Im messing with the PS4 capture/editing software for some destiny footage that I forgot I had. So that gives me at least a tiny taste of what Ill be able to do later on.

Should be up in the Destiny thread soon. Maybe even by the end of tonight.

- DSAJDEZ09
            sigpic

Comment

• The_Blunt
              Officer
              • Jul 2007
              • DSA Blunt

Youtube.com/ELI2BURRESS. I've got a lot of videos so I suggest sorting by Most Viewed.

Some were made using DVDs and the better looking ones were made with a capture card.
              Last edited by The_Blunt; 07-06-2014, 01:27 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• JDEZ09
                Honorary DSA
                • Jul 2009

Nice titanfall gameplay. I like were you call in yours and it drops right on top of the enemy titans lol.

- DSAJDEZ09
                sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎