Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaTix
    Emperor

Profile Signature Changes

Signatures are no longer allowed to be direct off site linked images. the [img] tag will no longer work in your profile's signature. This is due to the inability to limit the image sizes of these types of linked images (well not without some additional mods that would just increase process time).

"Can we have any images at all in our Sig?"

YES.
    In your User CP you can upload an image from your computer or from a link that will be stored on the DSA website. This is so the website can verify the signature conforms to the forum rules and resize the image if needed.

In the User CP click on EDIT SIGNATURE.
    In the SIGNATURE text area, use the following BBCode

You do NOT have to add anything between the tags.

In the SIGNATURE PICTURE section at the bottom, enter the URL or BROWSE your computer for the image you want to use. When you submit, the image will be uploaded and stored on the server. The SIGPIC tag will then call the signature image that is stored in your profile.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
  • AndyPants
    Civilian
    • Oct 2004
    • Pants9000

Could you elaborate on how this will effect dynamic images such as gamercards. Will the image be cached for a certain amount of time then updated periodically? I realize I can specify a url for an image but the site will basically upload that image, resize as needed and cache. Will it keep up to date on changes to the image?

I agree with the gain of control for locally hosted images but will this cause too much issue for the use gamercards as sigs?

Comment

• RaTix
      Emperor

I'm not sure if it will automatically pull the image from the URL on each load or just on the first upload. Also, sigs that use HTML based cards will probably not work. But a separate custom BBCode can be made for specific types of cards. This will need some more looking into though.
      I am all for compromise and getting things to work where everyone will be happy, but that can't mean allowing people to use ridiculously over sized images or potentially insecure HTML code.
      "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
      ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎