Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deslock
    Darth Beratter

Truth.....

This is probably the best thing I've ever read on the subject of why we love vidya games, action movies now, and why as an adult man and a veteran, totally enjoy "action figures".

I don't want to "grow up". I've been a strong man, and I've paid my dues. Time and time again. The Lord knows that. I don't even want to think about the horrors I've seen, or done, in my life.

These things give us our escape. And I don't regret it, not one damn bit.

Yes, I'm an adult man that wears a Stormtrooper/Tiepilot suit. Why ? because of the joy and happiness it brings to those around me. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.

I've always said that you can "grow up, without growing old".

Yes, you have responsibilities, but they don't have to "own" you, unless you let them. It's alright to be a "kid at heart".

Don't become "old". Then you're done.

Live your life. Challenge yourself to become better. And give unto others, the love you want for yourself.

Then you are truly DSA.

And why I'm beyond proud to be here.

sigpic
  • Light496
    Stormtrooper

See getting old is inevitable, now growing up.... Well growing is very much optional
    sigpic

Comment

• l2ickeh
      Civilian
      • Nov 2012
      • l2ickeh

I'll drink to that.
      sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
        Darth Beratter

It's just a hard fact to grasp, just why we don't like more adult things now.

We are indeed adults. We work oh so very hard, for very long hours, for a paycheck that just seems to dissolve away, once we take care of our "adult" obligations. House note, electric bills, gas bills, cable/Satellite bills, groceries, Internet costs, and now we have to buy "next gen" consoles that not only make us pay for the games we love (mind you, with absolutely no B/C), but now charge us to "pay for play" online monthly with our friends. We've bought their games, on their consoles, and now we have to pay more, to play their consoles, and their games, on their own internet gaming system connections, for the internet we're already paying for ? . How did we allow this to happen ?.

Don't we already pay enough ?. And now we have DLC, to unlock things that should've come with the core game to begin with, like in the "old days" ?.

But I guess I'm just another angry "old timer".

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
          Darth Beratter

More "truth", and yes, parts of this did indeed make me chuckle.
          Even if I still love Bioshock.

Awhole heck of a lot of games do storytelling wrong, and they all share weaknesses that need to be stamped out.

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎