X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k1gibson
    Stormtrooper
    • Jan 2009

Vaping

So is there any DSA thats vaping ? Myself I quit smoking 8 months ago and started using
    Vapor which is like a ecig but with a lot more options
    sigpic
    "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
    "Conquer, but don't triumph."
  • KuroiStar
    Stormtrooper

I don't do it myself, but I have many friends on college campus who do. A whole lot of them seems to favor a mellon vanilla blend flavor which smells really good and they swear up and down it "tastes" good too (since I have no idea how one can taste smoke lol)

Comment

• JDEZ09
      Honorary DSA
      • Jul 2009

I used to smoke/vape but stopped a couple months ago. It definitely helped with smelling bad (like smoke) when you go 100% vape. Everything tastes better too. From dry herb to oil capsules, it is a healthier choice to use a vape.

I like to stay active and play sports, so if youre excersizing alot, vapes don't really hold you back like smoking does.

One word of caution though, depending on what you are vaping, you want to take it all in stride. Doing it too too often is not really a good thing either.

Typically when I think of vapping the word "dabbing" comes to mind. And that stuff is pretty brutal to the lungs also.

Vaping is, believe it or not, a form of nanotechnology. Because you are converting material to atom sized molecules to absorb it in a different phase (wator vapor) than you normally would by smoking.
      This means that some of the products can get where others usually wouldnt. I dont know much about tobacco type vapes, but other types of oils can break down and get past the "Blood Brain Barrier" much easier. This means that its effects come faster, including long term effects such as short term memory loss (in cases of thc vapes).

Sadly, I know this to be true because I have relatives that avidly vape those types of oils constanty. They can be talking to me and in mid sentence, forget what the heck they were saying... And they are still in their mid 20s.

- DSAJDEZ09
      Ratix's Elite Imperial Guard
      sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus

Comment

• RaTix
        Emperor

Not sure what type of vaping you are referring to. Ecigs or weed vape, both are considered vaping. Although the devices for each are made a bit diferently.

I stopped smoking cigs 4+ years ago and have been vaping since.
        Weed wise I've used the vaporizers with the bags you fill, but not a big fan of them. I've also used a small wooden type vaporizer, but again, not a big fan. I prefer a nice bowl or something where you get the full flavor.
        "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
        ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• l2ickeh
          Civilian
          • Nov 2012
          • l2ickeh

I quit smoking cigarettes June of 2009. I never jumped on the "e-cig" bandwagon. I do indulge in cannabis, however. I vape dry herb in a Pax by Ploom. It's a great vaporizer. Inconspicuous and portable. I'm looking into getting The Dabbler by The Vape Brothers for wax and other concentrations.
          sigpic

Comment

• k1gibson
            Stormtrooper
            • Jan 2009

Wow I haven't experienced anything like that Jdez other then normal forgetting stuff which I blame that on age or from smoking to much weed and take acid in my younger days lol
            The device I use is basically a battery that gets a spring like coil hot that has cotton in middle which is soaked by juices / oil that contain different amounts of nicotine and theres alot of different flavors
            There are some total organic juices out their
            The setup I got now I built my own coil and use my own cotton

I wasn't really looking to quit but to cut back and since I've been vaping I haven't had a cig and its a lot cheaper
            and I can tell a difference in how much better I breath and how things taste and my house doesn't stink nether do my clothes.
            sigpic
            "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."

Comment

• RaTix
              Emperor

OK, so we are talking e-cigs then, lol.

Sounds like you're using a rebuildable atty. It's actually Silica wicking, not cotton. I think cotton would just burn up due to the heat from the atty.

Currently I use these two Rebuilds,

AGA-T Plus
              Housed in an all Stainless steel tube and stainless steel internals with nylon insulators, this atomizer can be completely disassembled and put back together. AGA-T PLUS Rebuildable Atomizer

Vision Eternity

The AGA-T Plus you can use metal mesh or silica wick setup. I prefer the mesh setup as it has a more pure juice taste rather then the burnt silica wick taste mixing in. You probably won't notice the silica taste until you try a mesh setup. Then it's night and day difference.

I usually use a 400x400 Mesh with 28 Gauge Kanthal wire for the coil. Although I started to use the Ribbon Kanthals for the coil and they seem to work a lot better.

100% VG juice. VG gives better vape production then PG.

Some good sites for Vape stuff.

www.MyVaporStore.com - It's good for parts
              www.Vaporrenu.com - Has cheap juices, and huge selection.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
              ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• AmrcnZeR0
                Civilian
                • May 2012
                • AmrcnZeR0

Yea man them 420 vape pens are nice. We use em at work cuz ppl ain't caught on to what we're doin. Lol

Comment

• k1gibson
                  Stormtrooper
                  • Jan 2009

Cool sites Ratix, the mod setup I use is the nemesis 3734 with a Kayfun clone tank I actually have 2 tanks.

One tank I use 26 gage kanthal wire' 5 wraps around 3mm bit it ohms out about 1.53
                  with cotton yes cotton balls organic from Walmart one ball will make several wicks

2nd tank is 29 gage 7 wraps around 2 mm bit at about 1.5 ohms
                  the cotton in this one came from Japan and there small thin sheets which really let's the juice flavor burn through

The batteries I use are the E fest 18650 2500 mah 35 A I get about 9 hrs life
                  and the 18350 1200 mah 3.7v I get about 4hrs life

I change the cotton about once a WK and my coils can last up to a month
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by k1gibson; 07-19-2014, 08:50 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• l2ickeh
                    Civilian
                    • Nov 2012
                    • l2ickeh

Use organic cotton. It's better. The gent that owns my shop, also owns a vape shop.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
                    sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
                      Emperor

Interesting, I didn't think cotton was safe to use because of the low flash point. I know silica is specifically designed to be heat resistant. Either way though, I still think I prefer the Metal Mesh wicks. I setup a coil back in Jan-Feb, 5-6 wrap with the 28 gauge. I just changed to a new coil and wick this month. And it wasn't even because it needed it, but because I wanted to try the ribbon kanthal. So 4-5+ months on a single atty ain't too shabby.

I just noticed those volt/ohm testing boxes like you have in the picture on MyVaporStore the other day, need to get one of those on my next order.

For battery I'm mainly just using the eGo C Upgrade 900mAh USB Passthrough, just because it's easier to keep it charged and vape while sitting at my computer. Also have 2 1300mAh Vision Spinners to grab for on the go. Tempted to get one of the really large mAh ones, but I prefer to not have to carry around a huge billy club of a battery. That's why I use the Vision RBA at times as well. I put that with the smaller USB passthrough and I can carry it in my pocket with no problem. The AGA-T is a little bulky. Can't tell you how many batteries I have pulled apart by accident with having it in my pocket. One of them I think I soldered back together 4-5 times before having to just order a new one.

?Darth Plagueis

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎