Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaTix
    Emperor

Server Issues: Minecraft / 7Days to Die - Down

Early today I had a brownout which blew the ethernet port on my Server Box. You wouldn't believe how impossible it is to find a store that carries Internal NIC cards these days. Had to pick up a USB ethernet adapter to use in the mean time. I'm in the process of getting everything set back up now. So hopefully everything will be back up shortly.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
  • RaTix
    Emperor

USB to Ethernet Adapter is a bust. HyperV doesn't allow USB Passthough which is not allowing the VMs to gain network access from the USB 2 Ethernet adapter. I'm dead in the water until I can pick up an actual NIC card this weekend.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Reaper316
      Honorary DSA
      • Nov 2009

Your super geeky computer talk hurts my head! I have no clue what you said other then "It's not working now, please check back later." LOL
      sigpic

Comment

• Cottoinc
        Imperial Advisor
        • Dec 2009
        • DSA Cotto

That sucks. Sorry I have not been on much lately with school and work I have been dog tired at the end of the day.

I know VMs are super picky about their parts. Strange that it is that hard to find a nic card tho.
        "Thrawn: "Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake, Ensign?"
        Colclazure: "No, sir."
        Thrawn: "Anyone can make an error, Ensign. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." [points at Pietersen, Rukh kills him] "Dispose of it. The error, Ensign, has now been corrected. You may begin training a replacement."
        ―Grand Admiral Thrawn, punishing a naval officer for failure

Comment

• RaTix
          Emperor

Forgot to mention that everything is back up and working agai . Picked up a new NIC last weekend.

?Darth Plagueis

Comment

• nd32479
            Imperial Advisor
            • Aug 2009

Thanks for fixing.

I've been playing MC. Lots of lag when I log in. The whole falling through the bottom and into empty space is really prominent. After about 30 seconds or so, you spawn back to where you are suppose to be. Same thing when you go through space portals. You can't play for super extended periods without getting kicked with some error message about lost "socket" or something like that.

Another small thing but the portal to the nether does not work right now. Says something like its not safe. Not sure if that means it it not connected or where I would spawn would put me somewhere that would kill me instantly.

I have noticed the mobs seem to be spawning MUCH more rapidly in larger numbers.

I'd be willing to coordinate some MC nights if you guys are down for it.
            ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
            The innumerable caravan, which moves
            To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
            His chamber in the silent halls of death,
            Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
            Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
            By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
            Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
            About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

• KuroiStar
              Stormtrooper

So... This sounds really dumb, but how do I get into the server? I looked around the website and I couldn't find the server address for it or anything.

Comment

• nd32479
                Imperial Advisor
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by KuroiStar
                So... This sounds really dumb, but how do I get into the server? I looked around the website and I couldn't find the server address for it or anything.
                KuriStar...have you played before or will this be your first time? If you've played before below likely will make sense. If not, you need to register a MC account. https://minecraft.net/After that we can walk you through it. Typically, when we play we will jump on TeamSpeak.

Ratix has this white listed until we go public. So once you have your MC account set up, shoot him your account name so he can give you permission. Let me know when you will be jumping on. I am fairly advanced and can set you up with some basic items to get you started.

To install the DSA Pack,
                Open Technic Launcher
                On Left Side where the Modpoacks are listed, you will see one for "ADD NEW PACK"
                When you click on this, it will ask for a Platform URL.

Enter "http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/darksidealliance"

Server Address: DSA.ServeGame.com
                ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
                The innumerable caravan, which moves
                To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
                His chamber in the silent halls of death,
                Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
                Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
                By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
                Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
                About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍