• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nd32479
    Imperial Advisor
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by AmrcnZeR0
    Jabba the Hutt..

LOL...That was set up on a tee and you drove the green with it!
    Last edited by Deslock; 03-25-2014, 10:00 PM.
    ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
    The innumerable caravan, which moves
    To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
    His chamber in the silent halls of death,
    Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
    Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
    By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
    Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
    About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

• Light496
      Stormtrooper

Don't worry Rage, Jar Jar Binks is always an option if you don't like Jabba the Hutt .
      Last edited by Deslock; 03-25-2014, 10:01 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• RageProphetXIII
        Officer
        • Jan 2009

I quit...... And jump off a cliff
        Last edited by Deslock; 03-25-2014, 10:01 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• AmrcnZeR0
          Civilian
          • May 2012
          • AmrcnZeR0

Rage should be one of the imperial vacuum sweeper robots.

Comment

• RageProphetXIII
            Officer
            • Jan 2009

LMAO

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
            sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
              Darth Beratter

Well, here I was hoping that it's finally going to warm up, and it snows today.

I'm sooo damn tired of cold.

I'm going to have to sit down and make a list of whom everyone is. As I have hundreds of these li'l guys, it's going to be quite a challenge in and of itself.

I should've anticipated that the little details were going to kill me in regards to time. I should have waited longer before putting up this teaser thread. For that I apologize to everyone. *Sighs* I was just taking some stupid pictures, and after I thought more about it, the more I wanted it to be more "professional" looking. And give the DSA the stories and quality everyone here deserves. I simply just bit off more than I can chew all in one time.

I have asked several graphic and computer artists that I personally know that live near by me, and they said that they were really interested in helping me out, but then blew me off. Only Yentis and Daz have really stepped up to the plate in regards to helping me, and I appreciate the Hell out of it. Yentis bought a building for me just the other day, and he's been taking me all around town on our days off together, going toy hunting with me. And Daz bought all the stuff I needed for the DSA barracks, and much, much, more.

Thank you my dear, I wouldn't have been able to do this without you !!

Boss, move closer to me, damn it !!! LOL ! And winter....?

GO AWAY, DAMN YOU !!!!

I do hear what you guys are saying, and I'll throw something together for you all to see this week. This hasn't been a easy or inexpensive task, but in all truth, it has been a labor of love for me. I just should've been smarter in its execution in regards to the time involved. And I didn't know at the time, that the figure series I was going to use for this, was very rare and extremely desirable. "Oops !" Once again, another gaffe on my part.

It has taken me an entire year to get everything together, but there's a reason for that. I want to give you guys one of the most amazing things that I can give you. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my artwork. And no matter how much you might like to, you just can't rush perfection. I refuse to make "substandard" art. I didn't do it when I ran my own studio on Music Row.
              My art represents me personally. I do the very best I can, when I set my mind to it.

I will try my absolute damnednest to give you something this week, the cold be damned. I just warn you that it might not be very pretty, lol !

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
                Darth Beratter

It took several hours, but I have RaTix's mansion ready to be primed and painted.
                Whomever designed that kit was a sadist. I honestly think I invented a few new swear words getting it ready.

I had to break out my tools for that one. But Daz helped me keep sane while I was trying to get it ready for priming. Now I have to wash it for painting tomorrow, and let it dry. And prime it up.

I have to thank the Fighting 1/18th forum for warmly welcoming me in regards to this little project of mine, and giving me tons of tips. And for allowing me to pimp the DSA website online on their site. Most webmasters won't let you do that, but they were cool with that, and I really appreciated that. :D They really are a great bunch of really talented guys, that also love Star Wars as much as we do.

RaTix's mansion might possibly be the hardest set to do to date, but when I get it done, it will be amazing. :) It's really f'kn cool. :D

I never figured I get that excited about painting a bathroom. LOL ! :)
                Last edited by Deslock; 03-31-2014, 01:54 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
                  Emperor

I't shouldn't be much longer guys. I promise.

I received RaTix's mansion today !!!!!,

Now all I have to do know is to primer it, and paint it up. It's all these little details that's killing me time wise.

Now if it would only warm up.

Spent most of the night doing the highlighting on the buildings..."Phew". Much more work than I expected.

I know it's been almost a year, but it's really close to being done, so I don't want to rush it to completion.

Well, here I was hoping that it's finally going to warm up, and it snows today.

We're never gonna get to play Okama Game Sphere again, are we?
                  "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
                  ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• dazwellia
                    Honorary DSA
                    • May 2013

What is Okama game sphere?

Comment

• JDEZ09
                      Honorary DSA
                      • Jul 2009

In a nutshell

- JDEZ09
                      #DSADUST514 Director
                      sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus

Comment

• Deslock
                        Darth Beratter

It finally freakin' warmed up !!!!! :D :D :D

Every part of RaTix's mansion except the base plate is primed & ready for painting !!! :D

I've been going in overdrive mode to get these sets done. I'm painting on them right now as I'm typing this.

This is the next building I want to get:

But damn, these things aren't cheap !.
                        But thankfully, the PTE elite vehicles are so damn well done I've not had to do any weathering on them besides adding some rust here and there. So it really amazes me that their buildings are done in shiny barely painted plastic.

I should have some pics up by the end of this week, but I really don't want to ruin the surprise of you all seeing them, so I might just make some generic DSA toy theater pics for everyone, until I get them completely finished.

As I said before, making the sets haven't been a problem, it's been finding all the damn accessories in the proper scale that's really been killing me.

I love the barracks, but my pride and joy has to be the castle. :D

I have to thank Daz again for all her help and support since I decided to do this project. *Hugs* Most guys wives would've been total witches about it, and certainly NOT encouraged it like she has. :D And many thanks to Yentis also.

Now if only I could find a cheap source for the PTE jets, and an Imperial AT-AT. I've always wanted on of those damn things..LOL !

I also have to thank the Fighting118th. forum again for their utterly amazing website. It really has been a treasure trove of info, websites, and ideas. And for showing me how to take shots like this:

Last edited by Deslock; 04-02-2014, 01:59 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
                          Darth Beratter

For Yentis:

For Yentis, my old skool gamer comrade:

I've been keeping my toy project on the down low for a reason. It's been almost a year now since beginning this project, and I want to have everything done by time of the first post anniversary in October.

I've had to build an entire Pirate set, the DSA barracks set, Ratix's mansion, and the DSA neighborhood. And collect figures for Dust, and BF3/4, and convert and modernize my G.I. Joe collection, which has sat gathering "dust" for almost 20 years now. I've had to replace worn out and dried out many rubber O rings.

The castle is built, the pirate base is done, and I have a ton of vehicles and equipment ready. And I have to thank my managers for freely donating a lot of styrofoam boards for my sets.

It's been a long time, I know, but it WILL be worth it, trust me.

sigpic

Comment

• JDEZ09
                            Honorary DSA
                            • Jul 2009

Omg that Super mario set is the beez neez!

Which reminds me, I came across this on youtube. Des check this out.

Dust 514 lego Gallente dropship:

Dust 514 Lego Gunlogi Tank:

Dust 514 lifesize Lego Submachine gun:

Badass

- DSAJDEZ09
                            Ratix's Elite Imperial Guard
                            sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus

Comment

• Light496
                              Stormtrooper

"year two...still no signs of Des comics..."

- Astronaut Light
                              sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
                                Darth Beratter

Originally posted by Light496
                                "year two...still no signs of Des comics..."

- Astronaut Light
                                Yes Light, you're absolutely right, it has been a long time, and that's because I want this project to be my legacy to the DSA. This has become my dream project, that I'm still spending money on to this very day. When this debuts next month, I have NO doubt it will blow everyone away. You all just haven't seen the action behind the scenes over all this time. I haven't been lax on this. It's like a movie. Would you all rather wait for it to come out, or do you all want "teasers", and possibly ruin the experience of seeing it all firsthand?.

I'm just very torn right now. I want to give you all previews, but I don't want to spoil anything. I'm just afraid that if I show you what I've built and made up over all this time, that it will ruin the surprise for you all, when I post them all up. This project has indeed cost me a lot of money, and time. And when you all see it, you'll see why.

Let me ask you all this. Would you all prefer to wait until next month for it to debut, or would you all like spoiler pics ?. I can do it, but I thought that ya'll would rather be surprised. That's why I said I'm torn. It's like an awesome Christmas present. Do you want it now, or would you all rather wait until the "big day" ?.

I would rather personally wait, and blow you all away when you see them. But I'll give this choice to ya'll if ya'll really can't wait. Just let me know.

P.S. I have to give a shout out to all the guys at the "Fighting 1:18th" website. Those guys have been a total Godsend, for their kind welcome, and their awesome help, and advice for me with my projects for ya'll. They're all such amazing guys, and their work blows me away. I wouldn't have been able to do this without their help and advice.
                                Last edited by Deslock; 09-06-2014, 11:13 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎