• Show
Clear All
  • TheRealHanSolo
    Officer
    • Jun 2008
    • DSA Solo

DSA I Need Your Help

Hi Boys!

I need your help on something. Something that is near and dear to my heart and I hope will help tons of gamers or geeks all around the world.

I am working on finishing up my first fitness product, it's called The Training Grounds. It's a fitness manual that is inspired by old school video game manuals, it is meant to look and feel like one.

Currently, I am in a Mastermind with my mentor, who is one of the biggest names int he fitness industry (John Romaniello). The dude knows his stuff and is a successful business man but he posed a question to me that I thought you guys could help with.

(that and my wife was like Robbie you're an idiot your DSA brothers are perfect to ask this question to)

John's question to me, as I was working on the copywriting for the site, was: "WHY does it being a video game theme matter to them?" (them being potential customers)

For me, it matters because it feels safe. A manual is something, most of us, are familiar with and grew up with.

It's easy to hang on to the old ways and harder to let go. I am making "fitness" and "health" a transition many deem difficult, easier by giving them something they are familiar with and not intimidated by.

Can you guys help me a bit?

Let's say you are a complete Novice to exercise or at least intimidated by it.

Why would a video game themed fitness manual matter to you?

Or would it?

(that is if it's something you are interested in, if not then why the fuck do you care? lol)

This is the final product which I will sale online at some point once I finish the small details. You guys are more than welcome to take this and use it as well, you're brothers and everything you guys have done for me in the past has lead me to where I am now.

Plus I would love to say my DSA brothers lost weight following ole Solo's program :)

Link to the download is here

I know some of us are gym rats already but think back to when you started and IF yu had this what would it have meant to you.

Miss you guys! Once I get this up and online and for sale, I will be back on some more Battlefront.
  • JDEZ09
    Honorary DSA
    • Jul 2009

Interesting concept. I think that things such as the Fitbit and other wearable devices have basically started to utilize a bit of that video game feel. With the apps that they implement onto your phone, the graphs and charts really help show where you need to improve and what you need to focus on.

I think if there was a way for those apps to implement a level system then it would really make the video game fitness ideas just take off. Because then you would have a level benchmark that everybody would use to know where each person stands.

"Hey Tim, I see you're a level 12"
    "Yea, took me a long time to get here, but you can do it too!"

"Teach me, Ive been stuck on level 6 for months now."

You know, something like that. Idk just a thought
    sigpic

"A wise man sees failure as progress a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic, and loses his soul in the process, Obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content." - Canibus

Comment

• TheRealHanSolo
      Officer
      • Jun 2008
      • DSA Solo

JDez, thanks for the input brother! The FitBits and all the other wearables out there have made a huge impact and I think we will see more of that in the future. Hell with VR we will probably see people creating fitness games where you stand in a room and fight a dragon and swing your arms or shit and duck and dodge.

There was a company out there that started by turning Fitness into a game....then they dropped that concept for some stupid reason.

They had quests, challenges, level ups etc

IDEALLY, that is what I want to create. But I have no idea how to develop for the web nor start that lol

Comment

• KuroiStar
        Stormtrooper

So basically you'll need someone who can code for you to make an app that displays all the main quest lines (why not include some side quests too? Like "helping the village evacuate earthquake" aka, Lifting certain amount) and depending on the level of their fitness expertise, you can give them different quests.

It'd be like playing D&D with fitness and instead of it being a crappy free app that makes people pay money to see what happens next, they pay with a exercise? This can go on a Apple watch that monitors heatbeats and all that so that the person working out can't just cheat out of it.

Comment

• TheRealHanSolo
          Officer
          • Jun 2008
          • DSA Solo

@KurioStar

What you mentioned is along the lines of what I was thinking.

I would love to have something that could track via an Apple Watch Fitbit etc as well as work as a place people can track workouts and get points to level up.

BUT

Even larger than that there would be community Quests. Mini Quests that people can sign up for and gain extra XP or marks towards prizes and what not.

You could still build a free platform and find a way to monetize it.

However, I do want to get back to what I posted:

The manual that I posted,
          • would a video game themed fitness manual matter to you?

What about this would make you want to buy it?

What reservations or concerns would you have in regards to this?

What are questions that you might have about the manual?

Comment

• Andy
            Honorary DSA

For the theme, I think familiarity and fun are big factors. Exercise programs can be intimidating to some people and they often shy away because of that unfamiliar territory. However, giving them that familiar feeling with the manual and interactive challenges, can help ease them in to the program and make them feel more comfortable. It also would feel more personal as if someone designed a fitness program to fit my interests. That's what would make me consider it more than just a standard manual.

As for the fun part, I think the different quests would be entertaining and is something that would draw me in. I think that would need to be a main point of the manual and really would need to be pushed. To me, that is something you could write up and present it as the "Plot" of the story.

Also I think the workouts themselves could use some more video game references like the Day 28 Boss Battle.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

On a side note, I would love to see fitness games with VR. Even though they weren't much, I enjoyed things like the Kinect and Wii Sports because there was something more than just walking or running.

Comment

• Stryker0022
              Honorary DSA

Originally posted by TheRealHanSolo
              Hi Boys!

I need your help on something. Something that is near and dear to my heart and I hope will help tons of gamers or geeks all around the world.

I am working on finishing up my first fitness product, it's called The Training Grounds. It's a fitness manual that is inspired by old school video game manuals, it is meant to look and feel like one.

Currently, I am in a Mastermind with my mentor, who is one of the biggest names int he fitness industry (John Romaniello). The dude knows his stuff and is a successful business man but he posed a question to me that I thought you guys could help with.

(that and my wife was like Robbie you're an idiot your DSA brothers are perfect to ask this question to)

John's question to me, as I was working on the copywriting for the site, was: "WHY does it being a video game theme matter to them?" (them being potential customers)

For me, it matters because it feels safe. A manual is something, most of us, are familiar with and grew up with.

It's easy to hang on to the old ways and harder to let go. I am making "fitness" and "health" a transition many deem difficult, easier by giving them something they are familiar with and not intimidated by.

Can you guys help me a bit?

Let's say you are a complete Novice to exercise or at least intimidated by it.

Why would a video game themed fitness manual matter to you?

Or would it?

(that is if it's something you are interested in, if not then why the fuck do you care? lol)

This is the final product which I will sale online at some point once I finish the small details. You guys are more than welcome to take this and use it as well, you're brothers and everything you guys have done for me in the past has lead me to where I am now.

Plus I would love to say my DSA brothers lost weight following ole Solo's program :)

Link to the download is here

I know some of us are gym rats already but think back to when you started and IF yu had this what would it have meant to you.

Miss you guys! Once I get this up and online and for sale, I will be back on some more Battlefront.

In this digital age, more people are looking for fitness solutions that interactive. A manual just seems a little bit too old fashion especially with a video game theme. An app would be best. A web page could work. Now that I think about it, a video game might be the best option. Especially, since that's were you'll find your targeted demographic.

Remember, these days we all work to be connected. That's why social media is so popular and profitable. I think if you digitalize your concept and combine it with a way to be connected with other "players", you might have a successful product.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              PSN: Stryker0022
              XBL: DSA Stryker

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢