Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rion_0
    Civilian
    • Jun 2013

Yup, the show got me hooked, but I have to wait till the end to read the stories. Kinda like dust514 (hint hint nudge nudge, knowwhattamean?) Lol. I'm out of TV shows to catch up on, and GoT takes forever between seasons. Burn notice is over, dexter is over, breaking bad, the list goes on.
    sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
      Darth Beratter

Well, last night was certainly "interesting". (No spoilers for those that haven't seen it yet., sorry)

I want more of the Hound and Arya, and Dany !!!!

But as I figured, Martin changed the royal wedding once again from the book. But as always, not in a bad way, it just surprised me. He wrote last nights episode personally. I was just like "But....("Blankety blank)" didn't happen !!!??" But that's what makes it good. Normally I absolutely HATE it when an author deviates from their own original source material, but for Martin's sake, I do make exceptions. It keeps those that know the books from being smug bastards that know what's coming next. We're just as surprised as well. In such an amazing way.

I love this series, it just has so many OMG !!! moments.

Martin is indeed a master story teller, that leaves you begging to see what happens next. After last nights episode, Daz just looked at me and said, "but....., I want more." They make waiting a week to see what's going on next a real pain in the ass.

sigpic

Comment

• nd32479
        Imperial Advisor
        • Aug 2009

Last night's episode left me feeling wanting. The show did not seem like 1 hour. I think it had to do with the fact they did not really advance any of the story lines except that which surrounded the wedding. They normally do not spend that much time on a single story line in one episode. But I think how they did it was the only way to advance that story line. If they did not set up the ending, it just would have felt too rushed given the importance of the event.

Definitely hope to feel the story advances more next week.
        ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
        The innumerable caravan, which moves
        To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
        His chamber in the silent halls of death,
        Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
        Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
        By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
        Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
        About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
          Darth Beratter

Originally posted by nd32479
          Last night's episode left me feeling wanting. The show did not seem like 1 hour. I think it had to do with the fact they did not really advance any of the story lines except that which surrounded the wedding. They normally do not spend that much time on a single story line in one episode. But I think how they did it was the only way to advance that story line. If they did not set up the ending, it just would have felt too rushed given the importance of the event.

Definitely hope to feel the story advances more next week.
          Yes, we know. It seems like "how in the Hell did one hour pass so fast". Now just imagine if Lucas would've hired Martin to finish his stories.

Star Wars would still be epic, we sure as Hell wouldn't know what Boba Fett looked liked, and Luke and Leia's relationship would've been awkward as can be. ;), and we'd all have a love/hate relationship with Palpy, like we do with Tywin.

With GoT we have depth. All these characters are deep, and are meaningful. Everyone has their own role to play out.

With Star Wars, well, ......

We have CGI, and Jar Jar.

sigpic

Comment

• jmhc74
            Honorary DSA
            • Dec 2007

I was hoping Joffrey would have died more brutally...but oh well...is it wrong to cheer on a characters death.
            sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• APAT
              Honorary DSA
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by jmhc74
              I was hoping Joffrey would have died more brutally...but oh well...is it wrong to cheer on a characters death.
              I've never been so happy watching a TV show. I literally jumped off the couch and said "Hell Yes! It's about damn time!" :D

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
              "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Deslock
                Darth Beratter

Life without passion IS boredom. The Jedi are just self castrated monks.

I would much more want to be a passionate warrior, than a bland monk that spends too much time contemplating my navel and the universe.

Ser Bronn would be considered a Sith. He sees life the way it really is, and has no "holier than thou" misconceptions of "justice" as the Starks did.

Ser Bronn certainly would've pulled out a red lightsaber without a doubt.

Life is for those that value it, and are willing to fight for it. To the death if need be. But not for stupid reasons of self contemplation.

Wine, women, and song. And if you're the Hound, chickens. ;)

The hateful, nasty, cruel beyond words "King" is dead.

And now Tywinn holds the Iron Throne until Dany arrives with her dragons.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out. :D

sigpic

Comment

• fromunda
                  Honorary DSA

I won't be commenting on this thread since I am way behind on Game of Thrones, I just bought and finished the first two seasons on Blue-ray...I know I know, I am ashamed enough of myself, you don't need to ad on. lol

That being said I will just leave this right here, now for the bargain basement price of just $30,000 you too can sit on the Iron Throne .

Comment

• TheRealHanSolo
                    Officer
                    • Jun 2008
                    • DSA Solo

I almost stopped reading book 3 after that bullshit way Joffrey died. I wanted like 40
                    Pages of his suffering. I wanted to revel in his insides being drawn out or his screams of agony. I have never hated a character more than him. But to die like he is goddamn momma cass choking?? Fuck that!!!

Comment

• jmhc74
                      Honorary DSA
                      • Dec 2007

Ha...was thinking the same Solo. But that is what I love about the show...the villains get off easy and our favorites die badly!!!
                      sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• Deslock
                        Darth Beratter

I loved this scene, and I wish they hadn't cut it. Tywin sees right through Pycelles charade. I was astounded to fight out the actor that plays Pycelle was also General Maximilian Veers, and the German general in Indiana Jones and the last crusade.

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
                          Darth Beratter

The Hound loves the Stark girls, probably because he was such an under"dog" too. I know he'd never admit it, but the Hound does indeed have a soft spot for the Stark girls. Just one more reason to love Martins work. The Hound saved Sansa from rape and murder, and for some bizarre reason adores Arya.

Thank you George. You work is awesome.

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍