Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hogezz
    Honorary DSA
    • Jan 2009

Can't afford a car. Have my license for over 10 years now, but will have to reset the test again, as I don't think I remember all the rules properly.

On a side note though, I just wanted to put it out there that I will be going to the Top Gear festival here in Dublin next week end. I can't wait! It's gonna be EPIC! Here's the link to the website... http://www.topgearfestival.ie/
    sigpic

Comment

• APAT
      Honorary DSA
      • Mar 2010

@ Hogezz. That looks fun. Wish i could go

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
      "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• k1gibson
        Stormtrooper
        • Jan 2009

Well turning wrenches,gear head or car guy what every you want to call I guess i'm all that this is something I have done since high school. Got this car in 82 and in 84 I park it and 10 yrs later plus this is what I have done.

I used to show this car alot for about 5 or 6 yrs. My best show was the indoor Carl Casper custom Auto show in Louisville Ky were I placed 1st in my class after that I started getting burn out on the shows and now it sits alot.
        I get it out every once in awhile to get the blood pumping. I have done several car and trucks from painting to motors and everything in between. My next post I will tell all the spec. Oh its a 1973 Pontiac Firebird
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
        "Conquer, but don't triumph."

Comment

• Dman8726
          Civilian
          • Jan 2010

Thats a sweet car KG. I ran a bodyshop for over ten years so I know what kind of time and money goes into a restoration and\or ownership. Being able to hang on a car for a long period of time these days is hard to do.

Congrats to you.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hogezz
            Honorary DSA
            • Jan 2009

Very nice mashine KG! Class ride!
            sigpic

Comment

• ceemeetwo
              Civilian
              • Sep 2010
              • ceemeetwo

I had a 2008 Toyota Tacoma X-runner, ran a 15.03 qtr mile on 86 pump gas, 208 hp to the rear wheels, pushed through a 4.0 liter DOHC V6, stock, I could out-corner almost anything, hang with mustangs and camaros, and stomp on the big chevy 6.2 v8 in the sierras and silverados, and even the 5.3 in the ss impala. But I totaled it back in july of 09, now i have a 99 ford ranger that im currently gathering parts to swap a 5.0 "302" heavily built engine/trans/rear end into.

Comment

• APAT
                Honorary DSA
                • Mar 2010

I like those Tacomas man. If I got a new truck thats what I'd get

Id do it up like this one

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Reaver
                  Imperial Advisor

I think it sounds like a great idea. I'm in.

Toyota sells them off the lot. Very nice trucks, very pricey though.
                  " I need a beer "

Comment

• cmj75
                    • Oct 2008

Nice thread and posts...I am not a "car" kind of guy....just such a bad investment that I am not willing to "splurge" in that area
                    so we roll with an endeavor suv for the fam and me in my gay red prius...I commute an hour so I go for fuel efficiency..and I got it used (only had like 20,000 miles on it) so it wasn't costly
                    new fuel efficient cars are a waste of money over cars like a corrola or civic since you won't make the money up in gas from the price differential but since I got it cheaper it was a smarter purchase...and a corrolla and civic are too small for me (I am not a giant like jim..but 6-1 is still too tall for driving a corrolla an hour a day) ..I am embarrased to take pics so I won't..hahaha!

Comment

• APAT
                      Honorary DSA
                      • Mar 2010

Mike a Prius, really. I'm not knocking the fuel efficiency just the styling of the vehicle is whack. But, you are a good guy for placing the planet's health above your want to NOT look like a fairy while driving to work ;)
                      Heres some inspiration for your ride. This is actually pretty damn cool

Comment

• cmj75
                        • Oct 2008

yeah mine doesn't look like that!!!...haha

My team and students make fun of my car all the time but then again I consistently average 47-50 mpg...that is why I drive it
                        I originally wanted to roll with a Civic but too small...the Prius is only slightly smaller on the inside then a Camry and it is signficantly fuel efficient. I commute so I want the most economical way to get to work.
                        Honestly if I lived closer to work I would drive a scooter....as gay as that would make me it would also make me have more money!

Comment

• Reaver
                          Imperial Advisor

I give the SMART car to norm.
                          " I need a beer "

Comment

• Dman8726
                            Civilian
                            • Jan 2010

Come to think of I should keep a smart car in the back of my truck as a spare,About the same size lol.

I wouldnt mind having something better on mileage,but I needed something to tow the pop-up,bass boat, and atv's.The crap you have to go through to keep the family occupied.
                            sigpic

Comment

• jmhc74
                              Honorary DSA
                              • Dec 2007

Well the Mrs. of the house drives a '02 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport.....yes I do feel castrated when I have to drive it. I have four kids so I got to put the kidos ahead of my ego. I like the idea that it is a "sport".....I know....it doesn't change the fact that it is a minivan but just humor me.

I drive an '07 Camry LE V6....hey I'm an Controller, I'm just naturally practical!!! For a family sedan, the Camry V6 has some really good pickup.
                              Last edited by jmhc74; 11-23-2010, 08:58 AM.
                              sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• MandaloreFett
                                Civilian
                                • Apr 2010

I drive that one car, you know the one that is invisible and doesn't exist. I sometimes stop in the parking lot of local establishments, usually a Wal-Mart, and pop the invisible hood so everyone can be impressed by all the imaginary mods I did to it. Word.

Awesome sig courtesy of BOSS

Newest awesome sig courtesy of BOSS, didn't even ask!

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎