Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reaver
    Imperial Advisor

The upbringing of a DSA member

Anthony Shababy.. Is my real name, but I'm known as Reaver here and always have been in some way, shape, or form. The shape and form part is highly questionable based on a drunken game night. DSA has been around for over a decade and is on it's own beach of Normandy to stand the test of time. A time that is long over due to bring back the fire, value, and brotherhood it once was. My name is Reaver and this is my story to tell all in hopes it would show and give what any gamer needs and wants.

I mentioned brotherhood and how eager I am to get back to that, but let me tell you how it started & evolved for me.

I was 14 years old, growing up with severe depression, getting bullied on a daily basis, as well as living and coping with Tourette Syndrome. Mind you something I've learned to conquer and still deal with to this day. I went from holding my fathers .38 special to my head and pulling the trigger, to being instilled into the baker act law ( for those unfamiliar you can look it up). The troubles I went through were unmatched to modern day society with the fluffy cake princesses that roam the streets, political insecurities and gender reveals that they feel makes them something of a subject. ( given I am not the only one here who went through hard times )

At the age of twelve my father bought me a PS2 with a game called spy hunter in hopes it would help me as kid to evolve myself as a person. It was cool and fun in its own, yet served no purpose to me other than fun... Until 2 years went by and I bought SWBF 1 the minute it came out on September 21st 2004. With the money I made cutting yards in a town called Vero Beach, FL a 14 year old boy asked his father to take him to the local EB games store, Mind you always being fascinated with the Star Wars world, it was an instant YES for me!

I played, I played, and I played. From story mode to online, I'll be damned if there wasn't a minute that passed that I didn't play. Yet I wanted something more.. It wasn't until one day I was storming the beaches of Kashyyyk on a (darksidealliance2) server. Where I met 3 individuals, Frell, Dirt, and Derek.. Casually gaming being the youngster I was (so eagerly wanting to be part of something greater), I was making my call outs and having FUN. Talking to random people that were twice my age if not more. It wasn't until Frell said hey, you should sign up to the website and come to the tryouts. Not knowing what what they saw in me at that time that I see in me now

Eager, Aggressive, and Oblivious I accepted. The day I joined the site, I cant tell you how long and how much I studied the CoC. Haha now for those who know me, KNOW me and the pot I stirred, but it was important to me.. So I did, I came home everyday and read it over and over and over until I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was desperate just to be apart of something so simple yet so important among men, I did everything I could to become a member.. Now mind you at the time you had to be 18+ years of age or older to join, now I dont know if it was due to my maturity at the time (which was equivalent to a dog licking its butthole) or the perseverance and dedication I showed. (which also added up to a dog licking its butthole) but I did it.

HOWEVER:

As strong as the Persian army, the DSA had requirements. Such as Age, Responsibility, Maturity, Leadership, Dedication and the ability to adapt. Miraculously I found myself being recruited by Frell at the age of 14 running along the side my friend and Honorary member Dirt. What the hell Frell and leadership saw in me at the time beats the hell out of me.. Yet... I was thankful and I took the chance. A week later I found out Dirt made it but I didn't. ( No self doubt right? ) Two weeks from that date I had another shot. So I spent every minute and hour I could on the game and site to make it. My next tryout with Norm and Regent was the tryout that made me half the man I am today.

Sound like a fairy-tale? Haha not the slightest I was a shit head BUT yes I passed, if that's what you were wondering. Among Frell, Comp, Zabka and especially Inlimbo and Ratix. I had great mentors and men among men to guide me along the way. Understand where I come from when I say this, My father and mother until the age of 19 never saw eye to eye, ( Great full I am to have them ) I went through hell and back. Shit I wish no young man would ever go through, on and off the streets. Death after death and rough time after rough time, they could not relate to me. Which left a great time for me to be introduced to something greater that saved MY LIFE. So, for those 5 guys to be there for me and help coach me and teach me along the way is why and who I am, Among the rest of the DSA. The hard knocks, discipline and love you receive here overtime... Its unparalleled to anything you can understand.

As time went by at the age of 15, making my way up the ranks I found myself leading Devils Squadron against the same Squad I came from. ( Wraith Squadron ). Given this at the age of 15 it was a huge responsibility to take over and uphold. Yet I could not handle it and went through more trials and tribulations, mistakes I made and lessons I've learned.. I will SAY this, Any kid who comes in at a young age has everything to prove and nothing to lose, but gain but knowledge and brotherhood. Time will come to you and there is nothing to rush, except listen to those who look out for you. Those who look out for you are all that fight along your side here.

I sparred through the times and ranks of DSA, until I learned the most valuable lesson of my life.. Learn everything you can, and apply everything that I am.

As time went by, I along others had moved on or dealt with real life challenges. It wasn't until I turned 21-22 I established myself as a man and got on a good foot with my family.. With the knowledge I learned I moved on with the blessing of Ratix to pursue and create a racing team that was ranked in the top 20 in the world on Forza for 5 years straight. Taking the leadership and strict mentality that was given to me here I became an even better man .Failure or not, I found myself back here. Telling my story and hoping to bestow the same fire in the new members that was instilled in me.

I went from a struggling child... Pulling the trigger to my head dealing with personal/life issues, to working a counter at walgreens, to an appliance technician, to now working as a Nuclear Engineering Technician. Quite a change due to this place.

Lately I had the opportunity to meet RegentOne. Reg opened his house up to me along my way to pursue the Nuclear Field, and let me tell you all that old fucker can DRINK! lol

Along the way I got to stop and see a friend of mine I play Injustice & Mortal Kombat with near Baltimore.

After leaving Baltimore I had the opportunity to meet RaTix in New York and show him how to race a go cart and drink a beer. ( Not going to mention ya boy has some game, and red dresses are kryptonite )

Ratix I will put you on the spot here bud... After we went bowling you made a comment to me that you feel you failed this team and I know I've told you this.

But HEAR ME NOW AND EVERYONE, Who has EVER followed YOU into the shadows. You sir did NOT fail this team. Its one thing to want a professional squad, its another to adopt a brotherhood. As I told you face to face, you sir have changed peoples lives in a way you never intended by giving them a second home. For that bud, you have never failed this team. In fact you have just made it stronger.

The synopsis is I went through shit times... This site, these people, this leadership, and these friends... They saved my life. If it weren't for DSA, I wouldn't be alive, and that's real talk.

For anyone who reads this, existing membesr or new members.. You already know and if you don't, YOU WILL. This is beyond a life of fraternity.

This is family is inexplicable.

- Soul_Reaver
    Last edited by Reaver; 10-16-2018, 04:22 AM.
    " I need a beer "

Ad

Collapse
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎