• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • norm
    Imperial Guard
    • Jun 2006
    • DSA norm

[knock on wood]

I'm running a 64bit OS (Windows 7) and so far so good for me. I'm using AVG, but I think I'll switch to MSE for my virus here in the next week or two. I need to figure out if it'll have the safe web thing. I believe it does.

As long as you're smart about surfing the web and looking at emails you should do fine.

and as always glad to help. :D

Ratix, I have a few programs that are using 36bit so there :p..lol

Comment

• RaTix
      Emperor

Ratix, I have a few programs that are using 36bit so there ..lol
      Please tell me you mean 32bit... or I might have to take back all the good things I've said about you. lol

I think most sell the 64bit on systems that have 4GB, as 32bit systems can only recognize 3.25 GB of RAM. So it is a bit of a waste. However, in my situation, many of the programs I use had issues running on a Windows 7 64bit. Especially some older PC games as well, and well.. without my games whats the point, lol.

So that's why I try to steer people clear of it. For the extra .75 of RAM you gain, it's not always worth it when you start running into problems later on. I had to uninstall and reinstall as a 32bit... ... Actually what you could do is see what Windows disk they give you with it. As soon as you get it you could just format and reinstall the 32bit version if it's on the same CD (usually is..I could be wrong though). Check first if your actually interested.
      I do have the 64bit 2008 server running, with 6GB (or 8GB) of RAM. But that's on my server running 3-4 Hyper-Vs of 2008 as well. Thats really what 64bit and that much RAM should be used for. Servers. Desktops a little less so, but definitely more so then laptops. Just because if you need that much power, you should be using a desktop, not a laptop. But again, it's all IMO.

I'm not saying your going to have a bunch of problems with 64bit, more then likely you won't have any if just using for the basics as you said. But it's that one or two problems down the road you might encounter that will give you a slight headache. Especially if one of those video editing programs you try to install doesn't want to work.
      "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
      ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• nd32479
        Imperial Advisor
        • Aug 2009

I bought the $719 dollar one and the HD Recorder. I actually know a little bit more about what the hell I am buying, too. So that is cool.

Thanks to everyone that help!

PS. On the topic of internet TV Google TV
        ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
        The innumerable caravan, which moves
        To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
        His chamber in the silent halls of death,
        Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
        Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
        By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
        Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
        About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍