X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rdaug27
    Civilian
    • Jun 2006

Office Alternative

Ok all you students and business people out there, or even the home cpu'er. Don't know if any of you know or have this but I thought I would throw it out there. I got this from one of my PC magazines. www.openoffice.org It is a program that is "as good-if not better-than Micorsoft Office."
    It has a spread sheet program like excel, and a word like program, along with a picture editor and everything. It does not have an email client but for FREE its not a bad deal. It is by Sun Microsystems. Yes you can view, edit, and save in Excel format so when you email it to your buddy who has Excel they can view it, and edit it. I have only tried it out on some stuff here at work, but it seems to work fine and is compatible with word and excel documents. Again this is FREE so you can't beat the price.
    It has Draw program that this article says "delivers features of Microsoft's VISIO Standard ($199), which doesn't come bundled with any version of Office." With it you can draw complex diagrams, flowcharts, and illustrations.
    It has an Impress program which "lives up to its name thanks to its animation and visual-effects tools, which are far superior to those you'll find in Microsofts's PowerPoint."
    So here it is a nice FREE alternative so you won't have to spend alot of money on those programs to type up your school report or anything.
    sigpic

Ad

Collapse
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎