X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • racestar85
    Civilian
    • Mar 2009

Destroying Xbox 360

Well i got taken on the 360, i contacted the store and they will take the 360 back and refund me my money or send me another one, but the warranty label on the back had been ripped which i did not do, and they said they cant take it back if its been tampered with, which i never messed with it. So they got me out of 80.00 but i learned a very good lesson, and got to take out my frustrations in a "unique" way. ( the hydrualic fluid was cold thats why it was taking awile to get it going and not being able to stretch the boom out)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWnnn8WNnFQ"]YouTube- XBOX360 Finisher[/ame]
    sigpic
  • jmhc74
    Honorary DSA
    • Dec 2007

Now all you need to do next is gather up all those parts and give it back to the store.
    sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Be sure to provide neg feedback on eBay. Also, eBay sometimes helps mediate these situations to maintain customer satisfaction. Destroying it so soon might limit your recourse, but you should still try that route. eBay is trying very hard to rehab their image of having ripoff artists on their marketplace.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• k1gibson
        Stormtrooper
        • Jan 2009

Thats my tax's dollars at work
        sigpic
        "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
        "Conquer, but don't triumph."

Comment

• norm
          Imperial Guard
          • Jun 2006
          • DSA norm

What Zabka said is true, there's a good chance you could have gotten back your money through ebay or ever paypal if that is what you used. I'm not so sure now since you destroyed it. Did you keep the HDD at least?

Comment

• Dman8726
            Civilian
            • Jan 2010

Hey Race,I think my girlfriend has RROD,can u do the same to her,PLEASE
            sigpic

Comment

• racestar85
              Civilian
              • Mar 2009

Well i did look into contacting eBay or paypal, but the problem is I can't prove the warranty seal was broken when I got it, the store would take it back if the seal was still intact, so it's there word against mine. I never touched it or tried to open the case. So it's really a no win situation for me. On a positve note I only had 80 bucks in it, and I just sold both controllers, the hdd, and the games I traded to get for 100.00 which also covers the 20.00 xbox live membership I paid.

@dman I would gladly destroy it for your gf lol
              sigpic

Comment

• EagleOne
                Honorary DSA

I got fucked on a PS2 I bought back in the day on ebay and fought it out with them. I bought the PS2 for 50 bucks and paypal charged me 25 dollars to refund me my money. So basically I got screwed out of half the money.

Comment

• Zabka
                  Imperial Guard
                  • Nov 2004
                  • DSA Zabka

Ebays policy is different now. Their rep took such a hit on these types of issues, they are doing better. You'd have no reason to want to wreck the warranty sticker, so I don't think that would have hurt you. It looks like you didn't rake a hit, but your outcome could have been very different.

I am at a lunch where the eBay CEO is speaking right now as I type. He emphasized this guarantee.
                  You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• TheRealHanSolo
                    Officer
                    • Jun 2008
                    • DSA Solo

Race just buy an arcade for 149 and get a 20 GB HDD for cheap on amazon or gamestop. You will get out for less than $200

Comment

• EagleOne
                      Honorary DSA

Don't worry Zabka, I buy alot of stuff off of ebay.

Comment

• keyser28146
                        Honorary DSA

Well I'm glad you came out even, AND got a pretty awesome video out of it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎