Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keyser28146
    Honorary DSA

Movie/Advertising

So I have a potential opportunity to work on a feature length film shot fairly locally for a pretty decent budget.

Before you guys ask, he does have some A-list names for both acting and technical roles in the film, as well as funding for that one.

In addition to THAT film, the guy is also working towards a "game based" movie. This is not for a licensed property and not for a pre-developed game.

His ideas for raising part of the funds for the film is to have a contest, at $10 per entry, is to allow people to win a cameo spot in the film, as a prize flying the winner to the location, a week on set complete with meals and of course all lodging paid for.

I can also tell you that he wants to work with a developer concerning the possibility of a tie in game, one that would actually play INTO the movie.

The movie synopsis is basically about 8 people who win a chance to be the best at a certain game. The winners are then flown to a location and are playing each other as the train is rolling. Then it turns into a murder mystery.

He has a website where people have been sending in applications for the contest as well as a posted opportunity to create the "in movie" game. He HAD a guy working on getting his "hits" up and more contest entries, but he says the website was going pretty good and it was like somebody just cut off a faucet one day.

He would like to:

1) Get his hits up, and generate some buzz/interest in the project.

2) Entice more contest entries, as this will help him attract more investors.

3) Get some good workable ideas for a game that could be used and be interesting to the gaming community at large.

Please keep it constructive, I am sincere about wanting to help the guy, and while I can help him a lot with the "boots on the ground" stuff, this kind of thing is simply outside of my area of expertise.

Thanks!
    sigpic
  • TheRealHanSolo
    Officer
    • Jun 2008
    • DSA Solo

Umm how do I get in on having a cameo

Comment

• keyser28146
      Honorary DSA

I'll holla atcha.
      sigpic