X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RageProphetXIII
    Officer
    • Jan 2009

Sony Updates their EULA...

This is another Sony Dick move. I hope someone sues the crap out of them. This is getting ridiculous they want to own my console....well fuck why don't they just rent it to me and then they can do whatever they want with it.

Do they not understand I purchased this product for me. Because I like what it did for ME out of the box.

Read......tell me what you think.

EULA lets Sony tinker with your PS3 without your permission

A lot of you may have upgraded to the latest firmware by now, and I bet a big slice of those who did didn't even bother with the mass of text that came with it. While most of us prefer to just get it over with and skim past all the legal hubbub, a UK news blog actually read the accompanying EULA (End User License Agreement). What they found is a little unsettling.

Usually, we just skim through the text and find the nearest route to the accept button so we can get the download done ASAP - we've got games to play. But since the controversial Other OS removal from the last system update, news blog Thinq decided to take a closer look.

The point of concern lies in Section 3, Services and Updates:

From time to time, SCE may provide updates, upgrades or services to your PS3™ system to ensure it is functioning properly in accordance with SCE guidelines or provide you with new offerings.

Some services may be provided automatically without notice when you are online, and others may be available to you through SCE's online network or authorized channels. Without limitation, services may include the provision of the latest update or download of new release that may include security patches, new technology or revised settings and features which may prevent access to unauthorized or pirated content, or use of unauthorized hardware or software in connection with the PS3™ system.

Additionally, you may not be able to view your own content if it includes or displays content that is protected by authentication technology. Some services may change your current settings, cause a loss of data or content, or cause some loss of functionality. It is recommended that you regularly back up any data on the hard disk that is of a type that can be backed up.

What's concerning here is that as soon as you login, Sony will legally have the right to toy around with your PS3. Without your permission, without limitation. Even worse, there could be a loss of data and functionality.

The clause, however, has been present in previous EULAs. With that in mind, Sony may have been exercising that right for a long time now. Naturally, you can refuse to update and render yourself unable to go online - that would be, in a sense, taking features out as well. So which will it be? Update and play entirely by Sony's rules? Or refuse and have your online features shut out?
    sigpic
  • AlphaOmega82
    • Sep 2009

What would Sony want with ANY of my system's data? If they want to snoop around on my PS3 all the better. Then perhaps while they are at it, they can fix my damn chat settings so I can join the WH voice chat sessions. Seriously though the PSN is free and until we are forced to pay to play online, Sony will continue they BS and force feed us with bricked systems and bogus firmware updates.
    Cmon Rage I know you had to have loved the sparkles from the previous firmware updates lol.

Comment

• RageProphetXIII
      Officer
      • Jan 2009

Yeah those sparkles where so much better. And I just LOVE the Ads on my home screen it keeps me updated.

You oughta check out this email I just got from them.

================================================

PlayStation(R)Network

================================================

Dear L,

We are writing to provide you with notice of changes to the SCEA
      Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy, which will
      be effective starting April 21, 2010.

Please visit [Removed LInk}
      to review the new terms and policy. The revised Terms of Service and
      User Agreement and Privacy Policy apply to PlayStation(R)Network
      account holders and their Sub Accounts. The revised Privacy Policy
      also applies to any visitors to SCEA websites.

If you do not agree with the new Terms of Service and User Agreement
      or Privacy Policy, please contact Customer Service to terminate your
      PlayStation(R)Network account(s) and do not visit PlayStation(R)Network
      or our websites. Continued use of your PlayStation(R)Network accounts
      by you or your associated Sub Accounts means that you agree to the
      new Terms of Service and User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Continued
      use of any SCEA website means you agree to the new Privacy Policy.

If you have any questions or wish to terminate your accounts, please
      contact Customer Service at (removed Link)
      Sincerely,

PlayStation(R)Network

Pretty much all they are saying is If you don't agree then Click here and your account will be closed.

I'm sorry but when I buy something from a store.....that shit is mine not the company I got it from....Dicks
      Last edited by RageProphetXIII; 04-22-2010, 09:08 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
        Darth Beratter

please contact Customer Service to terminate your
        PlayStation(R)Network account(s) and do not visit PlayStation(R)Network or our websites.
        Wow, if that's not a giant FUCK YOU from Sony, I don't know what is?

How amazingly arrogant this company is. I am simply stunned.

The forceware is bad enough, but now saying they can/will change settings on your machine, and not even have to TELL you about it? With or without your implied consent?

Wow. Like I said before, I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from this shit company ever again. You sent them a legitimate complaint, and their answer to you is "to turn off your PSN account, and not visit their websites."

*Laughs*..Now if that ain't customer service in the highest sense, I don't know what is. ;)

It's simply amazing to me also is, the sheer number of lawsuits they're going to get hit with. :D

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎