X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k1gibson
    Stormtrooper
    • Jan 2009

Live feed of oil leak

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37412412#37412412"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

sigpic
    "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
    "Conquer, but don't triumph."
  • cmj75
    • Oct 2008

yeah I was watching this earlier. This whole thing sickens me.

unbelievable how much is pouring into the ocean every second.

just another added reason why I loathe the oil industry.

BTW..I found it interesting that it is Haliburten that is a major part of the responsibility...I know BP and they are arguing over who is truly responsible

Comment

• RageProphetXIII
      Officer
      • Jan 2009

Personally This makes me sick to my stomach. This shows you how much we value MONEY over the health of our Planet and it's creatures. Shame Human Shame.

In 45 minutes, our sun admits enough energy that we can power out PLANET for a year or more.
      sigpic

Comment

• k1gibson
        Stormtrooper
        • Jan 2009

Something else that you noticed is they aren't trying to plug or cap it off, they been trying to figure out a way to stop the leak and still get the oil at the same time. All the other attempts was to stall for time until they could design and mfg this cap or lid they got now. (my opinion)Bastards
        Last edited by k1gibson; 06-04-2010, 09:46 AM.
        sigpic
        "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
        "Conquer, but don't triumph."

Comment

• jmhc74
          Honorary DSA
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by k1gibson
          Something else that you noticed is they aren't trying to plug or cap it off, they been trying to figure out a way to stop the leak and still get the oil at the same time. Bastards
          Exactly......
          sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• RageProphetXIII
            Officer
            • Jan 2009

The oil companies can go under for all I care.....Just give us green energy. We can be up and running in less then 5 years. What are we waiting for.....for the world to be on the brink of destruction for the to see that all the money in the world isn't worth jack. It might as well be monopoly money.
            sigpic

Comment

• Zabka
              Imperial Guard
              • Nov 2004
              • DSA Zabka

The anger is justified. Bp messed up big-- there are rumors in the industry that some of the contractors who were hired to work the well pointed out a problem to the bp supervisor who ignored it. The contractors said they wouldn't work in the rig until the problem was fixed and bp wouldn't give them transport. So the contracting company hired their own chopper to take them off. The rig blew hours later. This is not yet verified, but spells trouble for bp if true.

However, we are all complicit. Unless you are riding a bike everywhere and use candles without electicity, we all contribute. We bitch about $3 gas, but don't realize that green tech is simply not there yet. The only reason it exists now is because the fed govt subsidizes it.ethanol drives up the cost of food while also being more expensive-- but it is subsidized. Coal and nat gas are currently the cheapest forms of electricity production. We don't have the storage and transmission capabilities yet for solar, wind, and geothermal to be enough.

Plus we all drive cars. All of us use plastics in all of our goods--tvs, plastic bags, toys, cars, etc. Those all take petroleum. The answers aren't simple because oil is in almost everything we do and touch.
              You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• jakewill
                Honorary DSA
                • Sep 2009

ok heres gonna be the next scheme bp comes up with.

President "You have still made no improvement on the oil leak issue and BP is being held fully accountable for the environment and the tourism and fishing industry and will compensate everyone involved for this."

BP spokesman "Well Mr. President we have one other last resort option that we will try."

BP spill cam a week later shows a scubba diver with his arm jammed in the leaky oil pipe to stop the oil from spewing out.

BP rep "Well that should fix that problem"
                sigpic

Comment

• fromunda
                  Honorary DSA

Just in case we were feeling left out way up here in Michigan, Monday at about 9:45 am a pipeline owned by Enbridge Liquids Pipelines busted sending somewhere around 900,000 gallons of oil into the Kalamazoo River. The funny thing is the spill wasnt reported to the federal authorities until almost 1 pm. According to the news this morning they think they will be able to stop it from infecting Lake Michigan and its flowing away from me but I dont fuck with the Kalamazoo River anyway. Marshal, where the leak started is about 45 minutes from me so I doubt it will affect anything in my part of Kalamazoo but Kalamazoo county has been declared a "state of disaster"

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎