X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jakewill
    Honorary DSA
    • Sep 2009

Goonies

Ok was watching tv last night and the 25th anniversary of goonies is this year and it was playing on tv. So my post is why the hell dont they do a remake of this movie.

Same general concept as before but change it up with the new special effects and some new actors maybe some cameos from some of the origional goonies.

I think that this movie could easily be stretched out into a 2+ hour film. Make some of the stuff in the movie a little bit more believable like the fact that the fratellies basement just happened to be close enough to the country club that the duchers went to that they could screw with their plumbing but didnt ever notice the damn dead bodies that were being brought right by there.

Make more one eyed willy traps for the kids to have to get past, give data state of the art inventions, and be sure that when data at the end explains that the octopus was the scariest part to be damn sure not to edit out the octopus for tv. My wife has seen this movie a lot and still has never seen the part with the octopus.

Also imagine what they could do with the pirate ship at the end with the special effects and at the end dont have the kids all standing on the rocks have ppl tracking down that damn pirate ship what kind of aholes just let a relic of the past float away to make it 2 miles out to sea to probably sink due to old age and just being belted by giant boulders.

Dont get me wrong I like the origional and always have but damn i just think that remaking this movie would make some damn director out there a ton of money.
    sigpic
  • jmhc74
    Honorary DSA
    • Dec 2007

That movie is a classic...Rocky Road!!!
    sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• Cancer
      Civilian

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCoMSL0hwXE"]YouTube- Set Your Goals - Goonies Never Say Die[/nomedia]

Yeah, why don't they just remake all good movies from the '80s? A remake of Back to the Future would be sick! Or Indiana Jones! Why not go even further back and do Citizen Kane? Maybe Michael Bay could produce them!
      Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

As a man, I don't have high standards for women. I just three criteria you must meet. One, are you a woman? Two, have you always been a woman? Three, if you answered "No." to either of the previous questions, can you keep a secret?

One should never start a conversation with, "I don't mean this in a gay way, but..."

No Animal BEAT drums don't EAT drums!

sigpic

Fire fighter- Fights fire
      Crime fighter- Fights crime
      Freedom fighter- ???

Comment

• cmj75
        • Oct 2008

SLOTH LOVE CHUNK!!

Classic!!

Comment

• Reaper316
          Honorary DSA
          • Nov 2009

Truffle Shuffle!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• MajinTony
            Honorary DSA
            • Aug 2005

I can't disagree more. If there's one thing I can't stand it's a remake. Nothing says I've run out of ideas like a remake. When the film has aged beyond the suspension of disbelief, then and only then should it be remade.

I just think that this movie is so classic and still stands up to modern movie standards that there is no need to update it.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• Reaper316
              Honorary DSA
              • Nov 2009

I agree with Tony, I rarely like remakes. The orignal just can't be beat. After watching those classic movies for so long and so many times I can't imagine any actors that could fill their shoes.
              sigpic

Comment

• jakewill
                Honorary DSA
                • Sep 2009

true very true but hell they have remade almost everything else so far why not
                sigpic

Comment

• cmj75
                  • Oct 2008

yeah I hear you about a remake...I guess I am surprised that they haven't tried spinoffs

Comment

• cmj75
                    • Oct 2008

BTW...speaking of remakes and I know some of you will think this sacreligious but the new karate kid was actually really good..took my kids to see it and they loved it....I was surprised I actually enjoyed the film a lot....just like the original but with kung fu and it actually doesn't look cheezy this time..pretty well choreographed kung fu for kids..

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎