X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k1gibson
    Stormtrooper
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Brocman
    Nice work KG, good work on whoopin up on everybody. Did you ride your club around like it was a horse and talk a bunch of shit to everyone? lol.
    No I didn't do a Boo Weekly but I was wanting to yell look at YOU look
    at ME and my Trophy BITCHES :p
    sigpic
    "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
    "Conquer, but don't triumph."

Comment

• Deslock
      Darth Beratter

Congrads! That's great !

I love golf. Golf is in my blood. It's kinda like chess. The rules are very, very easy to learn, but to master it is another thing entirely different. As one golfer told me, there may be other people on the course, but in all reality, the ONLY person you're really playing against is yourself. Like videogames, Golf is 80% mental, and 10% physical and 10% pure luck. If you're scared, worried, or just ate up with it, you will lose.

What makes it worse for me, is that my wife doesn't love golf as much as I do, but she's much, much better than I am. There is a local LPGA pro here that told me that she'd love nothing more than to take my wife under her wing, and really train her, as she thinks my wife has hella potential, and has the ability to be really, really good. Like professionally good. Like she could do it for an actual living good, and be on TV.

The irony you ask..? My wife doesn't want to. Not interested at all, not in the slightest. *Sighs* I'd give my right nut to have that chance to have a PGA pro want to train me for free. The LPGA pro that we know told me that she makes at least $80.00 an hour, and my wife could be that good too, and that's she's dying to train her. FOR FREE !!!

My overall game isn't really that good, but I have one weird gift. I'm totally, almost satanically gifted on chip shots. I can on a 99% ratio no matter how far away I am from the cup, I can put it in the cup, if I'm chipping. Go figure...

But alas I digress...KG, as I said, that's freaking awesome dude !! I'm proud of you ! People that don't play golf have no idea how amazing that is! It's as hard as going bowling, and getting a strike every time.

God bless ya dude, and look on your trophy with pride! You earned it!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWAQ23kH81Y"]YouTube- ESPN Top 10 All Time Golf Shots, Pt 1[/nomedia]

Tiger..no... John Daly.....:D

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59YmytEZ5uo"]YouTube- John Daly: America's Controversial Golfer[/nomedia]

sigpic

Comment

• Dman8726
        Civilian
        • Jan 2010

Nice job KG,If the course dont have a windmill im not playing it lol
        sigpic

Comment

• k1gibson
          Stormtrooper
          • Jan 2009

Wow Deslock you need to keep working on your wife to get those free lessons.
          And you are right about 80% mental cause I can tell you I was nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof and my play was showing it. I should have shot several strokes better cause I couldn't hit anything, what saved my ass was my short game and putting I was dropping everything.
          I can tell you its not the same as going out with buddies for a round of golf
          just imagine a 4 man scramble and your in the lead and every shot was up to you cause everyone else's shot was out of bounds and thats on every shot
          sigpic
          "We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."
          "Conquer, but don't triumph."

Comment

• MajinTony
            Honorary DSA
            • Aug 2005

Golf (Ball or Disc) is all about a half a foot. That 6" between your ears is everything. If your feeling confident and commit to your shot good things will happen. If you question or doubt yourself you have already missed your shot. You tend to fullfill your own prophecies being good or bad. Anytime I walk up to a birdie oppurtunity and tell myself "just don't turn this 2 into a 4," I do. If I walk up to my marker and say I got this and go through the right routine, I stick it.

That's when Golf gets really tough. Learning the mechanics is the fun easy part. Once you know you can hit those shots/chips/putts, that's when the real game of Golf begins.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• Deslock
              Darth Beratter

That's why what Tony said is true. Golf is VERY mental.

And why you should be proud. In Golf, the very worst enemy is yourself.

Wether you win or lose, all depends on how well you focus, and keep your "cool". It's like a physical version of Chess. They move, and you move, but wether or not you win or lose, depends on how smart you are, and move your pieces. If you make a stupid move that costs you the game, you have no one to blame but yourself.

When people tell me that Golf on TV is boring, all I can tell them is if you had any idea how hard it is in real life, you'd understand and appreciate it, and why we love it so.

KG, you have every right to be proud. You did an amazing feat. Like I told you, look on your trophy with pride. Beating other people IRL, is just as good as beating people online.

You did good.

God bless ya !

Des.

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎