X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • APAT
    Honorary DSA
    • Mar 2010

Prescription Sunglasses Help

Does anyone here know of a website that I can get some Oakley prescription sunglasses made at a reasonable price? I've done some checking and the best I can find is $370 shipped. Your help will be much appreciated

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin
  • EagleOne
    Honorary DSA

I'm going to Mexico in 2 weeks, I'm sure I can find some for 30 bucks. Oakley might not be spelled right on the glasses tough....

Comment

• jmhc74
      Honorary DSA
      • Dec 2007

If you get contacts then you wouldn't need prescription Oakleys but just Oakleys.....just an FYI. ;)
      sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• nd32479
        Imperial Advisor
        • Aug 2009

Just stop doing what we talked about the other night and your eyes will get better.
        ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
        The innumerable caravan, which moves
        To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
        His chamber in the silent halls of death,
        Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
        Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
        By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
        Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
        About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

• cmj75
          • Oct 2008

True ND...you would know...ha

Comment

• Hogezz
            Honorary DSA
            • Jan 2009

Try these guys. I got mine if San Fran recently. Only payed $200.

sigpic

Comment

• cmj75
              • Oct 2008

Jim was just in San Fran recently at the NAMBLA convention.....he picked something up there to.....

Comment

• APAT
                Honorary DSA
                • Mar 2010

@ Jim the optometrist said contacts weren't a very good option with my light prescription. Damn astigmatism!

@ND Thats not an option :)

@Hogezz Thanks man

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• jmhc74
                  Honorary DSA
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by APAT
                  @ Jim the optometrist said contacts weren't a very good option with my light prescription. Damn astigmatism!
                  I was actually being a jerk..but that is expected.

BTW.....I too have an astigmatism but you have it really bad since I am able to wear contacts!! Yeh they do cost more than a normal contact but its better to pay a little more and wear contacts then to wear coke bottles on my face!!!
                  sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• Zabka
                    Imperial Guard
                    • Nov 2004
                    • DSA Zabka

Jim's point is a good one astigmatism makes for some thick glasses. Surprised Oakley frames could work for them. One of my best friends had awful astigmatism and still got contacts. Not cheap, and not perfect vision, but changed his life.
                    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• Hogezz
                      Honorary DSA
                      • Jan 2009

Also depends on how strong the perscription is. If you don't need a strong one then you don't need a thick lense. Also the thicker plastic frames can take a thicker lense, so it could be ok.
                      sigpic

Comment

• APAT
                        Honorary DSA
                        • Mar 2010

My vision isn't all that bad so IDK what to do. I dont NEED glasses but it would be nice to see everything clearer while playing sports, hunting, etc. Looks like Lenscrafters is having a sale so I'll check it out.

Comment

• Hogezz
                          Honorary DSA
                          • Jan 2009

It's worth it. I barely need my glasses, but didn't want to put up with fuzzy vision on a nice day when I'm used to better.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎