Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deslock
    Darth Beratter

battlefield 3

I would like to thank jake and everyone else that was with me today on BF3.

I had a few good games, but for some odd reason my game booted me off saying that the server we were playing in, a few "Karkand" maps - I needed to re-download. Why, I have no reason to understand, as I've all ready downloaded them, but the game said I needed to download them again.

But overall, good games, even if everyone beat my ass down hard.

It's not easy being in a server of level 38's or more, when I'm a F'n private at best, but at least I got a few kills.

Please join KZ3, and let me make them bleed at least. :D

sigpic
  • APAT
    Honorary DSA
    • Mar 2010

Yeah, everyone had to re-download the Karkand maps. Glitch fixes I think

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Deslock
      Darth Beratter

Now that I see RaTix's post, I think I see why.

I jumped online, Jake, and a few other DSA joined me, and we were doing good, and I really enjoyed it. Then the game ended and it booted me off and wouldn't let me re-join. I just didn't want those guys to think I just bailed out on them without any word why.

My Gawd I really neeed to work on this game, as everyone on that server was BEYOND levels above me. I'm really suprised I got any kills at all as everyone I was playing against had so much better gear than I had.

sigpic

Comment

• jakewill
        Honorary DSA
        • Sep 2009

The gear doesn't matter des you can whip the other team with any setup

Just have to get used to the maps and gameplay
        sigpic

Comment

• APAT
          Honorary DSA
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by jakewill
          The gear doesn't matter des you can whip the other team with any setup

Just have to get used to the maps and gameplay
          Yep, knowing the maps and enemy patterns for each game mode are the most important things.

"Don't mistake uniqueness for weakness" - The Grouch
          "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Deslock
            Darth Beratter

I outright loved him explaining the different classes and what role they play and made me LOL, and to say this guy is a beast, is putting it lightly:

Also, even though I'm a beyond superior flight sim player, the Jets and Helo's in this new BF3 just fuck me up. EA/Dice has just sooooo over complicated the controls. You damn near have to have a degree in Enginering just to get the damn things of the ground. Why they couldn't execute a simple R3 forward/slowdown; and L3 left/right-up down/left/right like they did in almost EVERY other flight sim for consoles is beyond me.

Hence why they had to make videos like this:

I'm certainly NOT an all-star player. My skills in that regard suck. I'd much much rather pull a support role and help my team thru health packs/revives and ammo support if I'm not in the air.

I guess for myself, it just bothers me that I can earn golden guns in COD, and totally dominate in KZ3, which to be honest are "Run & gun" games, but in totally tactical shooters like SoCom and BF3; I just suck ass, even though I love tactical games, and did so many missions like this when I was in the Army IRL.

And trust me, you didn't want to meet me then.

But I get in a simple ass PS3 game, and literally get my ass outright handed to me by 12yr. olds is indeed embarassing.

Oh well, such is life; live and learn.

Such is the life of a long time gamers over the years.

I remember when the Atari 2600 was the total shit, and you just HAD to have one to be credible and respected; and those NES games were harder than anything you could've ever dreamed of now, and the PS1 was going to bring in the new dawn of gaming.

Maybe it's not the games now, but just me.

But that point is moot.

It will just take me some time to learn this game.

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎