HELP with commercial ideas for a video game store!

Collapse

Ad

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nd32479
    Imperial Advisor
    • Aug 2009

HELP with commercial ideas for a video game store!

As some of you know, I am in advertising sells. I just signed a client called Disc Replay. They traditionally have bought/sold used video games (the discs, consoles, and accessories) and movies. Recently they have started to buy used electronics such as TVs, computers, MP3s, cell phones, etc. They especially like to buy/sell Apple products.

They also just started to sell some games BRAND NEW. However, they have limited selection on brand new releases and really only focus on the Top Sellers. They tend to be about $5 cheaper than other places like Game Stop.

You my fellow gamers are there target market , Male 18-40 years of age. (Zabka you are out of the demo and too old :) ). So I would like to pick your brains on what you think would be important to communicate in a commercial AND see if any of you have some good ideas for cool commercials.

Let me give you some back ground to get you all started.

Disc Replay claims the following:

1. They pay top dollar for used goods. AND they pay cash. (some competitors only give store credits).

2. They resale items cheaper than competitors.

3. They gaurantee the items will work. (I guess some customers have complained that other places hassle you when they try to return a faulty item).

4. They have tremendous selection. They truly carry more games and movies than competition.

There current advertising tag line is "Mega Selections, Mega Savings".

So any creative ideas would be greatly appreciated! I know some of you are very creative and funny. So I am anxious to see where this all goes.
    ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
    The innumerable caravan, which moves
    To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
    His chamber in the silent halls of death,
    Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
    Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
    By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
    Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
    About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic
  • Light496
    Stormtrooper

so you want an idea for a commercial, Hhm I think I have one. Why don't you use a game character Like solid snake running to get some were snicking around and all that getting through security checkpoints from the enemy.And when they pass all that they end up at the store And they ask If they have Metal gear solid 2 for a cheap price. Then the worker from the store Proceeds to Explain what they have to offer in games and everything else.Meanwhile You have other characters from other games shopping in the background. (note I have a very active Imagination)
    sigpic

Comment

• nd32479
      Imperial Advisor
      • Aug 2009

Thanks Light. In one our brainstorming sessions we came up with a simular scenerio where people were bringing in Super Hero or gaming character in shopping carts to trade in / upgrade. I think it would be very funny to have some old out of shape dudes in super hero costumes being carried in to be sold by some teenager! You could show shots of a bunch of dudes in costumes just laying around someones MANCAVE collecting dust. Then show them being traded in for $.

Keep the ideas coming guys...or build off the ones already stated.
      ND

PS3 ID - x__ND__x

XBOX Gametag - DSA x ND x

...So live, that when thy summons comes to join
      The innumerable caravan, which moves
      To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
      His chamber in the silent halls of death,
      Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
      Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
      By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
      Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
      About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

William C. Bryant

sigpic

Comment

• Cottoinc
        Imperial Advisor
        • Dec 2009
        • DSA Cotto

So ND my local table top game shop has this as their comercial I think it looks cool.

"Thrawn: "Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake, Ensign?"
        Colclazure: "No, sir."
        Thrawn: "Anyone can make an error, Ensign. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." [points at Pietersen, Rukh kills him] "Dispose of it. The error, Ensign, has now been corrected. You may begin training a replacement."
        ―Grand Admiral Thrawn, punishing a naval officer for failure

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎