Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deslock
    Darth Beratter

Wow......

Just when you think you have things and people figured out, they can suprise you when you least expect it.

Just the other day a friend of ours called us and told us he desperately needed a ride to work. If he was late, he was going to really really get in trouble with his boss. We quickly dropped what we were doing and drove over there and gave him a ride to his work.

He mentioned to us that he hadn't seen us online for a few days, and I told him our ancient ass CRT monitor crapped out and died on us, and in the next day ot two, we were going to hit up a few local thrift stores, and try and buy a new one. Working just part time, I just don't make that much, and everything I make either goes to our bills, or my DSA toy project that I'm working on for us. And he knew that, and has seen my work for it.

So he called tonite and asked us if he could drop by after work, and of course we said yes. he's a dear friend, why wouldn't we ? Nothing is more important than your friends and family.

He came by and suprised us and gave us the gift of a brand new 20 inch Hi-def monitor. He's a member here by the name "Old grey Dragon".

Our DSA brothers are the very best of the best, I truly hope God will bless you all, as you all are the best people that anyone could ever know ever.

You are our friends, and most of all, our brothers in arms. We fight the good fight together, and Daz and myself will forever stand by your side.

God bless RaTix, and the entire DSA.

Imperial Sentinel Deslock.

PS. : And Daz too. She loves you guys also as much as I do.

The DSA are the very best people and gamers you could ever know. The DSA are a blessing for us all. Thank you RaTix for that.
    Truly, thank you.

Our dearest friend to us all.

You have given more than you could ever know.
    Last edited by Deslock; 10-15-2013, 09:43 PM.

sigpic
  • l2ickeh
    Civilian
    • Nov 2012
    • l2ickeh

That is awesome, Des. Karma is a wonderful thing.
    sigpic

Comment

• Stryker0022
      Honorary DSA

I strongly believe that good things happen to good people. Especially those that do things without expecting anything in return. Like Rickeh said its karma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      PSN: Stryker0022
      XBL: DSA Stryker

sigpic

Comment

• RageProphetXIII
        Officer
        • Jan 2009

That's awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
        sigpic

Comment

• Light496
          Stormtrooper

Thats what you call a good friend
          sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
            Darth Beratter

He truly suprised us. I would've never in a million years ever dreamed of asking him to buy this for us. We would've been perfectly content just to get another old used CRT monitor from a thrift store.

Daz and myself were right in the middle of fixing lunch and getting ready to go to work, and Daz came up and told me that we had to go right now and pick him and give him a ride to work, because he couldn't get a ride, since they only have one car (like we do, and yes, it can be a pain to figure out how both of us can get to work with us both working different schedules just like them), and if he was late just one more time; he could get into really bad trouble with his boss.

At my work, if you've been written up for the same problem 3 times within a certain amount of time, you're automatically fired. Even if your boss doesn't want that to happen. You clock in late over a certain amount of time, and a report is sent in automatically to corporate, same as calling in sick too much, even if it's legitimate reason.

There was no way in Hell we were going to risk that possibly happening to him. He's a great guy, and a very good friend to us both. So we threw lunch aside, and rushed over to pick him up. That's what friends are for. We've helped our friends, and they've helped us. That's what it's all about.
            To care about each other, and take care of each other. You don't, nor want, anything in return. The gift of friendship is the gift in and of itself. Nothing more, and nothing else. And it's the greatest gift of all.

Yentis, Dragon, and a few other members here in the DSA have been very kind and generous to both Daz and myself; in different ways over the years. And we would just like to say honestly, truly, and with both of our hearts:

Thank you all oh so much.

Des.

sigpic

Comment

• Zabka
              Imperial Guard
              • Nov 2004
              • DSA Zabka

That's really awesome Des. Treating people well and finding others do it in return...there's something very affirming about that.
              You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• l2ickeh
                Civilian
                • Nov 2012
                • l2ickeh

That's awesome that you have TRUE friends. That in and of itself these days is a rarity. People are becoming more and more selfish, it's sad. I see so many people these days that their "best" friend is one of those bottom feeding 'me-mes'. Always has to have the attention, their problems are worse than anyone's, never want to listen but always wants to hear. Bend over backwards just to get fucked in some way. They know it's going to happen and keep doing it. We've all done it, just some of us have learned they aren't worth it, regardless who it is. Ask them the simplest of deeds..

"I ran out of gas, I have a gas can. Anyway you can come give me a ride to get some gas?"
                "Well, um, um, I don't know. Where are you?"
                "About 10 minutes from your place."
                "I really don't have the time." (Granted this can be legit, but for the sake of this rant, it's just an excuse."
                -Yelling in the background, can hear them gaming, football, etc-
                "Alright, well let me know if things change."
                "What? Sorry."
                "Have a good'un."

It's a blessing to have someone that is TRULY worthy of being called "friend".
                To me it's become like "love" and many other words that once meant so much.
                sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎