Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captnjeter
    Honorary DSA

Life Update 2020

Oh hello there! It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I figured I'd pop my head in to see what's been going on and let you all know what I've been up to.

So 2020 has been... y'know... 2020. I had been spending the last two years working quite a busy job as a Production Assistant in sports broadcasting. Between the traveling between my home on Long Island to work in Connecticut, and the long hours, I barely had any time for myself. That has changed a bit this year - when the pandemic broke out, I started working from home, which was awesome, but then in May, I was furloughed and have been out of work since. There were even more layoffs at my company last month so I'm not expecting to be re-hired any time soon. Despite that, things are not terrible since I've been able to collect unemployment, live with my folks, and take some online courses in areas outside of television production. I've started learning Statistics and teaching myself the program language for R, a data analysis software, and I've really been enjoying what I've been learning, and if things remain bleak for sports broadcasting industry, I'll hopefully be ready to make a career change if I have to.

I've been staying away from crowds, since my heart condition makes me vulnerable to a bad case of the virus, so I've had extra time to play video games. I've been mostly active on COD over the past few months, playing with Zabka, Regent, Solo and Mikey, occasionally running into some newer members along the way. I miss it here and am really proud to see Ratix continue to lead this clan for over 15 years since it began. I will definitely be getting Star Wars Squadrons when it releases in October, and hopefully see a lot of you guys on that! Really excited to see a proper Star Wars flight combat sim since it's been like 20 years we had a good X-Wing series/Rogue Squadron game! If I continue to be stuck at home or get a job that let's me have more free time than I've used to and that game ends up being as good as I hope it will be, who knows, you know might be seeing me around here a lot more often. ;)

-Jeets

"You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter
  • RaTix
    Emperor

JETER!

Sorry to hear about the job situation, but good to see you making the best of it, and staying safe.

You should join the discord server, that's where all the action is these days.

or
    Check out the Dark Side Alliance community on Discord - hang out with 751 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
    Last edited by RaTix; 09-02-2020, 09:40 AM.
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎