• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gino
    Civilian
    • Mar 2007
    • Gino31B

Originally posted by THeDRiZZLe
    ...not to brag, but there was a very good reason I was named God in NHL 94....me and the guy who taught me to play my freshman year in the dorms weren't allowed to play in the dorm (400 plus guys) tournament because we were unstoppable, ten goals a period was standard, 15 if I was allowed to use Chicago with Roenick or Vancover with Bure.

Remeber "the move"? You could score everytime with that little juke! One timers were still the best, god I miss that game, I gotta dig one of my old Genesis's out of moth balls and go to Echo and buy that game again! After 94 I didn't like how they changed the skating motion, 94 you couldn't just turn on a dime, it was much more realistic. The newer versions seem to have gone back to that a bit the past few years!

Man...now I am going to have that game in my head the rest of the day!
    Oh I know the move Drizzle. I mastered it. I was always better with left handed guys you come in a an anglefrom the left to the right, then quickly switch to left and shoot.

My favorite of all time was probably Fantasy Star II. Logged many hours on that game. I remember buying the first madden game and everyone was just blown away.
    sigpic

Comment

• captnjeter
      Honorary DSA

Loved the Mario games. I remember when I was four years old and in the hospital for arrhythmia and we were able to get a TV with a NES in our room and I remember trying to play with an IV in my hand. I couldn't do it so I had my mom control the control pad while I pressed the jump/fireball button.

The only Final Fantasy game I ever played was Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. I remember playing that when I was five and fell in love with RPGs since. That was a good game (I didn't know anything about FF series at the time) despite being the "dark horse" in that series. I loved it!

One of the best games I've ever played was Super Mario World for the SNES. That and Mario 64 are up in my top games list.

Other games I remember are Stunt Race FX, a pretty cool racing game, Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball, a game that I still play occasionally at my grandparents house (I demanded that they do not get rid of their SNES when they had a yard sale 2 years ago). There was Vegas Stakes, a gambling game, the Super Star Wars games (which I could never beat!) and the Madden games.

I loved Madden '94, that was the first one I could remember playing. Madden '96 was cooler because it had Fox's presentation (it actually blows the current Madden's "presentation" out of the water) but '94 will be remembered because it was the first one I played. That was actually my Dad's birthday present on his 30th birthday from his step-father. We had a fun time with that game.

So many great games, and no, they definitely do NOT make them like they used to. Of newer games I've played (say, starting in 2000), the only games that come close to being immortal are the first Neverwinter Nights (great RPG), KotOR, and Portal.
      "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter

Comment

• keyser28146
        Honorary DSA

1. General Chaos. (GEN) Best. Game. Ever.
        [ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_aUBiCAm_H4"]YouTube - MD General Chaos[/ame]

2. Super Empire Strikes Back SNES
        3. Super Metroid SNES
        4. Super Star Wars SNES
        5. Super SF2 SNES
        6. Zelda: Link to the Past
        7. Shinobi
        8. Mortal Kombat II (the best in the series and the ast game that didnt suck balls)
        9. Star Fox
        10. Earthworm Jim

Except for General Chaos, they are all great games. GC just kicks everything else's ass.
        sigpic

Comment

• Blaze_Stryder
          Civilian
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MajinTony
          What are some of your all time favorite games from Genesis and Super Nintendo. This is kind of a loaded question. I recently got my psp hacked with those emulators. So now I'm trying to get a solid library of 16-bit classics.

(any) Final Fantasy on NES (although 3 was my favorite)
          Phantasy Star on Sega Master System
          sigpic

Comment

• Gino
            Civilian
            • Mar 2007
            • Gino31B

Originally posted by keyser28146
            1. General Chaos. (GEN) Best. Game. Ever.
            I loved that game, forgot about it . That guy on youtube didn't really have a good strategy. I played the shit out of that game.

i also like Toe Jam and Earl. But it got pretty difficult at times.
            sigpic

Comment

• Reaver
              Imperial Advisor

NFL 98
              Super Mario
              Super Smash
              NHL Hockey 98
              NBA Jams(My all time favorite)
              Space Invaders
              Mario Kart
              Geometry Wars