X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rdaug27
    Civilian
    • Jun 2006

Messed up day....Hell messed up week!!

Is it me or has some pretty bad stuff happened this week. Minor thing, my step son (not rpup) got sick with strep, not too big a deal but today is his birthday. Work has been horrible. I work at a ship yard as a purchasing/shipping-recieving agent, and yesterday we had someone fall into a holding tank on a barge we are working on and passed out. He was going down the later into a tank he should not have been going in cause it was filled with nitrogen, he passed out and got hung up in the later. My best friend is the safety man here and he went in after him. Even though he had a respirator on it still messed him up pretty badly. Today I get into work and the genius crane operators we have crashed the crane ontop of a boat we are working on called the Colonel. (Some of you might have seen or rode on it at Moody Gardens in Galveston) Anyway if that wasn't enough, a huge ship came down the canal way to fast creating a huge wake and pulled the drydock away from the shore that the boat, and crashed crane were on. Lines snapped and people were running around like crazy. We almost lost a 100 ton crane in the water. It was like something out of a movie. Metal from the crane bending and breaking, ripping the boat apart where the mast of the crane was laying. I wish I had some pics to show you guys. Hopefully I can get some and post in here.

Anyone else having a crappy/weird ass week?
    sigpic
  • Muncher
    Lieutenant

I'm shure some people had finals this week. I'll have mine next week, but nothing compared to yours. What happend to the people who were in the nitrogen are they OK 8O
    We are all gonna have to live in da woods some day, cause the government is gonna take our guns away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• RegentOne
      Imperial Advisor

No, cannot say that I have had a crappy week like yours Rdaug. When it rains it sure pours your way. Hope things get better for you. I know what it is like to work in a ship yard. In the Navy, I've been in plenty of ship yards and know the dangers.
      "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
      {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

• madmax32
        Civilian
        • Dec 2006

I just realized your in Virginia, Regent. One of my good friends lives/stationed in Norfolk. He should be a CPO by now. Here's a video with him they did on the Enterprise.

http://blog.gdthrasher.com/2008/02/uss-enterprise-numa-numa.htmlHere's what happens when you have too much time on deployment. Originally from The Thrashers.

They got in trouble but said it was worth it.

Comment

• RegentOne
          Imperial Advisor

That was an awesome video MadMax. The entire thing was taped on the USS ENTERPRISE. I had a good laugh from watching. They probably didn’t get into too much trouble because it was quite humorous. I've seen these type of videos before made by military counterparts and the only trouble they were in was a slap on the hand.
          "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
          {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

• madmax32
            Civilian
            • Dec 2006

Must be the result of 6 months on a ship with mostly guys. There might be a sequal....

Comment

• Rdaug27
              Civilian
              • Jun 2006

Finally got a pic of the crane broken over our dry dock and the Colonel ship. This is before the dock broke away from the shore. The guys in the nitrogen are ok, but one is still in the Hospital. We were so lucky last week no one was killed from these two incidents.
              sigpic

Comment

• Zabka
                Imperial Guard
                • Nov 2004
                • DSA Zabka

Yikes. That is just SOOOO dangerous! wow. really fortunate that nobody was critically hurt.
                You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎