X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deslock
    Darth Beratter

The 80's

YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE 80'S IF:

You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off".

You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer".
    You know who Max Headroom is.
    You ever wore flourescent, neon if you will, clothing.

You wanted to be on StarSearch

You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout".
    You HAD to have your MTV
    You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool.
    You actually thought "Dirty Dancing" was a REALLY good movie.

You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called"Prince".
    You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played "Sam" to be.
    You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.
    You own any cassettes.

Poltergeist freaked you out.

You ever had a Swatch Watch
    You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
    You had WonderWoman or Superman underoos.
    You know what a "Whammee" is.

you took family trips BEFORE the invention of the mini-van. You
    rode in the back of the station wagon and you faced the cars behind
    you.

"Celebration" by Kool & the Gang was one of the hot new songs
    when you first heard it at a school dance

this timeline appropriately describes actual events in your life:
    Star Wars opens, you are still in single digit ages, and you think
    the creatures are WAY cool. Empire Strikes Back opens, you are now in
    early double digit ages, and you are convinced that the special
    effects are much better, the characters are cool, and you want one of
    every collectible out there. Return of the Jedi hits the theaters...you
    are now a teenager, and you cannot get your eyes off Princess Leia's
    breasts or
    HanSolo's butt.

you're doing absolutely nothing with anything pertaining to your
    major degree

you're finding that you just don't understand more than half the
    lingo used on MTV any more

sex is still as much fun as it used to
    be, and you're still really interested in it, but you just want to
    make sure there's nothing really good on cable that you'd be missing
    first

you ever wanted to be gagged with a spoon

you spent endless nights dreaming about being the Bionic Woman or
    Wonder Woman or the Six Million Dollar Man

you know who shot J.R.

You practice getting in and out of your car through the windows

Your watch alarm still plays the 'Star Wars' theme music.
    Hear the names 'William Shatner' or 'Heather Locklear' and think "Ah yes, T.J. Hooker!"
    M&M's still had light brown, and there was no green or blue
    calculator watches were cool, and everyone had a pair of stonewash jeans.

there was no Internet, and you just downloaded files from Buletin Board Systems because you could

it took five minutes for the TV to warm up.

laundry detergent had free glasses, dishes or towels hidden
    inside the box.

When being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to
    the fate that awaited a misbehaving student at home. (beating)

You rolled up the sleeves on your sports jacket for the Sonny Crockett look
    You thought Clint Eastwood would one day be president.

I watched "Scooby Doo." Daphne was a Goddess, and I thought Shaggy was smoking something synthetic in the back of their psychedelic van. I hated Scrappy.

Conjunction junction, what's your function?")..

Micronauts, Shogun warriors, Space 1999

sigpic
  • Zabka
    Imperial Guard
    • Nov 2004
    • DSA Zabka

Most of those apply. SHOGUN WARRIORS?!!! I hadn't thought about them since I was in the fifth grade. holy cow...they were all cast iron and dangerous as hell to chuck at somebody.

By the way, I heard an interesting story from a cab driver couple weeks ago. We were talking about Guliani and various city crackdowns. He mentioned that in the early 80's he owned a head shop in the West Village and talked about how cops really attacked them when the crack epidemic was building up. But he also said that he had one famous customer who once came in. Lynda Carter came in to purchase an ivory spoon and a gold straw. Wonder Woman was a cokehead.
    You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• RaTix
      Emperor

Everyone was a cokehead in the 80's.
      "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
      ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• LordCompulon
        Imperial Advisor
        • Feb 2005
        • DSA Comp

yeah even the hippies did coke in the 80s. Well it actually started in the 70s, but by the time the 80s were around it was "full-blown," so to speak:

Destroy Everything

sigpic

Comment

• MajinTony
          Honorary DSA
          • Aug 2005

You forgot to put:

You cried when Optimus Prime died in the Transformers movie.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• Zabka
            Imperial Guard
            • Nov 2004
            • DSA Zabka

and was replaced by Judd Nelson.

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• MajinTony
              Honorary DSA
              • Aug 2005

Actually I just watched the 20th anniversery edition the other day. Judd Nelson was in it, but Robert Stack was the voice of Prime's replacement, who's name escapes me at this moment. That movie actually had a lot of talent on the roster. Leonard Nemoy and Orsen Wells were also in that movie.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• Zabka
                Imperial Guard
                • Nov 2004
                • DSA Zabka

well Judd played the autobot who became Rotimus? after he got that special globe thingy. When he was full of self-doubt---that was Judd Nelson, post breakfast club but pre-Suddenly Susan.

Scatman Crothers was also a voice. Orson Welles---man did he get lazy over time after a brilliant start to his career.

What's also weird is to see the Japanese versions vs the American versions of the TV show.

Comment

• MajinTony
                  Honorary DSA
                  • Aug 2005

Ya ok, Rodimus Prime. I was thinking of Ultra Magnus or w/e the blue and red Transformer was named.

Comment

• Zabka
                    Imperial Guard
                    • Nov 2004
                    • DSA Zabka

But Optimus was the shit. he had the John Wayne voice. when he was gone, the show was over for me. Sort of like when David Duchovny left the XFiles. I actually really liked Robert Patrick and thought he was awesome in the role, but it just wasn't the X-Files anymore. it would have been a really cool show named something else though.

Question. I sometimes saw the untransformed autobots flying. then other times, they transform into cars and drive around....why wouldn't they have always flown?

Question 2: Were teh autobots and decepticons cars and planes on their home planet? or were they disguises they put on once they got to Earth?

I have never known the answer to these questions.

Comment

• MajinTony
                      Honorary DSA
                      • Aug 2005

Ya they can fly in robot form, and do so when it is not required to fly at a premium speed. Or if said robot does not have an aero form.

I believe they had the ability to change before their arrival on earth, but had no need to on the homeworld.

Im no expert thopugh. I do however know that StarScream and Cobra Commander shared the same voice and cowardice.

Comment

• madmax32
                        Civilian
                        • Dec 2006

But Optimus was the shit. he had the John Wayne voice. when he was gone, the show was over for me. Sort of like when David Duchovny left the XFiles. I actually really liked Robert Patrick and thought he was awesome in the role, but it just wasn't the X-Files anymore. it would have been a really cool show named something else though.

Question. I sometimes saw the untransformed autobots flying. then other times, they transform into cars and drive around....why wouldn't they have always flown?

Question 2: Were teh autobots and decepticons cars and planes on their home planet? or were they disguises they put on once they got to Earth?
                        I have never known the answer to these questions.

They were regular robots. When they got to earth the ships computer Teletran modified them to blend in better.

Casey Kasem was also one of the voices.

Comment

• CHRIST
                          Civilian

hahahahahahahahaha, you guys need to watch Clerks 2, right now im guessing all you guys are just like Elias in that movie, hahahahahaha

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

• Zabka
                            Imperial Guard
                            • Nov 2004
                            • DSA Zabka

Originally posted by MajinTony
                            Ya they can fly in robot form, and do so when it is not required to fly at a premium speed. Or if said robot does not have an aero form.
                            Right, that is my point. The autobots could fly, yet would always be driving around until they popped out into transformed robot mode to fire their guns. Why not fly around in robot form to begin with? Too many scenes of Bumblebee (was t hat the name of the VW Bug?) driving around avoiding shots that were hitting the ground. I would have thought they would be better off flying.

What was the name of the tape recorder again? And how did a tape recorder start hanging out with a bunch of jet airplanes?

Comment

• Rdaug27
                              Civilian
                              • Jun 2006

I love transformers. Here's some good wallpapers of them. http://transformers2.no.sapo.pt/wallpaper-g1.htm
                              For the new movie they got the guy who did the original voice in the 80's cartoon for Optimus. The cartoon movie, Robert Stack was Ultra Magnus, Judd Nelson was Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. The "globe" thing was call the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. The Decepticons could fly in robot form. I think season 1 the Autobots could fly also but I think they changed that. Yeah Optimus was the shit. The pic I have in my sig is Optimus from the new movie. Gonna be sweeeeeeet!
                              RPUP was destroyed, with big tears streaming from his face when he first saw the movie and Prime died. That made me wanna cry. I'm such a bad parent torturing him like that ROFL. J/K
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎