Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captnjeter
    Honorary DSA

Yet another dilema upon the path of life

This story needs a moderate introduction: Feel free to skip it.

Tonight, the radio station was short a couple of people to do the basketball game. The people we normally had help us out had work and whatnot. So yesterday, I asked one of the girls from the broadcasting class to help us out, not knowing if she would actually get a chance to do color commentary since I knew someone who had done color commentary before would make it. Now, the fact that I like this girl had absolutely nothing to do with the reason why I asked her to help the game. She asked me a couple of weeks ago if there was anyway she could help out, but various cancellations and other BS happened to slow that down. As it turned out, I did play-by-play and she did color commentary for the girls varsity game (which just might be worse than last year's Knicks, once again they lost by about 30). I find this somewhat ironic as next week is Valentine's Day. Although I had all of halftime and the three hours leading up to the game to talk to her, I randomly chose not to, being the shy Captnjeter I am.

OK, you can read from this point on. As you all know Wednesday is Valentine's Day. I had planned to play "The Scientist" by Coldplay during a pre-game show and dedicate it to her. But I can't make the game and the song isn't on the station's computer yet. So I need to find of another song and dedicate it to her. The issue is that all the other songs I have thought are about are to... strong. In case you are unfamiliar about "The Scientist", the song is summed up in "I had to find you, tell you I need you, tell you I'll set you apart". But just going through other songs off the top of my head, I can't think of anything. The closest is "Yellow" also by Coldplay, but again, not on our computer. The U2 songs we're putting on are to strong. They're either about Ireland, Africa or intense love. I somehow don't think "Desire" or "Elevation" is a song you would dedicate to just a crush. So, to sum it up, what I need is some songs that are "love songs" without being too strong/sexual etc. I would especially like the hear from any women (Tomahawk ) about this dilema. This could all be avoided if I just had the courage to tell her, but I feel like doing it this way just because it's America and I can do whatever the hell I want (more or less).
    "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter
  • Rdaug27
    Civilian
    • Jun 2006

Damn the problem isnt finding a song, its finding a song your computer has right? Damn I will keep looking for you.

Damn these suck. I will keep looking.
    sigpic

Comment

• Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Hmmm...this is hard. Most songs tend to be a bit too aggressive, meloncholy or direct. Here are some ideas from a slightly older generation which you sometimes show an appreciation for:

"Wrapped around your finger " Police
      "Cant stand losing you" Police
      "every little thing she does is magic" Police
      "Rescue" Echo and the Bunny Men
      "Girl Like You" Smithereens
      "Wall of Sleep" Smithereens
      "with or without you" U2
      "wonderwall" oasis (lyrics seem appropriate)

or how about Sexyback by JT or Thong song by Cisqo? Master and Servant by Depeche Mode? Anything by Peter Cetera?
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• norm
        Imperial Guard
        • Jun 2006
        • DSA norm

Dear Jeter,

I will share with you the Norm way of getting a girl.

Step 1, Get chloroform.
        Step 2, Douse chloroform onto a rag.
        Step 3, Sneak up on said girl and cover her mouth and nose with said rag.
        Step 4, Drag her home and put her in a pit in your basement.
        Step 5, Make sure to give her lotion and say "It puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!"

If you can not get a girl using this method there is no hope for you.

Seriously though I like these songs

Black Rebel Motorcycle - Love Burns
        Cheap Trick - Southern Girls (if you live in the south)
        G. Love and & Special Sauce - Baby's got sauce
        Otis Redding - Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
        Prince - Darlin Nikki (if her name is Nikki this is a plus)
        Radiohead - Punch Drunk Love
        Spinal Tap - Big Bottom (really do I need to explain this)
        Trace Adkins - Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk (okay this is just funny)
        Isley Brothers - Summer Breeze
        Etta Jones - At Last
        Al Green - Simply Beautiful
        Portishead - Sour Times
        Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
        Massive Attack - Teardrop
        Frank Sinatra - I've Got A Crush On You
        Run DMC - Mary Mary (if her name is Mary)
        The Darkness - Girlfriend
        Parliament - Up for the Down Stroke
        Curtis Mayfield - Only You Babe
        Otis Redding - Cigarettes and Coffee
        Prince - Kiss

After you seal the deals
        Prince - Gett Off
        NIN - Closer
        Moby - Oil1
        Peaches - Fu** the Pain Away

Comment

• Zabka
          Imperial Guard
          • Nov 2004
          • DSA Zabka

Norm--darlin nikki? come on. don't lead him down the wrong path. But also, if you choose spinal tap, then you have to go with lick my love pump or sex farm. Actually, have you noticed there is an american express business card (or some credit card for businesses) that uses the spinal tap song "give me some money" although that was when they were supposed to be in a different incarnation (when ed begley junior was the drummer). What a great movie. Also, don't even start with "i want to f--- you like an animal" or stuff like that.

jeter---other thoughts
          Let's get together-Al Green a classic
          I've been waiting--by mathew sweet is a really good one
          it had to be you--harry connick version
          Night and Day---almost any rendition of this cole porter classic is a good one.

Or you can go back to my junior high dances--
          Missing you by John Waite
          Youre the inspiration by chicago
          hard habit to break by chicago
          Glory of love by peter cetera
          purple rain by prince.
          Crazy for you by madonna
          say you say me. lionel ritchie....anything by lionel ritchie

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• Deslock
            Darth Beratter

Jeter, trust me, I'm an old pimp from waaaaay back.

Trust me on this.

Really, trust me.

Bite the manhood crushing fear, and be a man and just straight out tell her you "like" her, in "that" way.

I've had more women in a year than most men have had in a lifetime.

No joke.

Regardless of what you've been told over time, women ARE human.

They like being told that they're cute, and that they're attractive, who the Hell doesn't?

I'm not trying to be nice here. "Nice" guys are sure never to get sucked off. Girls DO NOT like "nice" guys, regardless of what they may say.

They deep down inside want the evil bastard that will just "use" them, why I do not know, it's an irony of God. Trust me, I've even asked them why this fact beyond doubt is true.

Women want want they think they cannot get.

Ignore them, play hard to get, and they'll coming running to you every time.

Why?

I truly don't know, but they're odd like that.

It's a biological thing that goes beyond time and space.

Every girl I've ever spoken to has told me the same thing.:

Baaad boyz get them wet, and feeds their hunger.

Nice guys finish last.

There's a reason that old saying reads true.

Be honest. Be a man, and tell her how you truly feel.
            That being around her makes you want to "spark her fire down below".

And you'll never be alone again.

Stop being nice, and be a MAN. the true pig that burns in us all.

Women may not like us, but that's why deep down inside they want us to fuel that "fire".

It's not nice, nor is it pretty, but it's true.

Regardless of how we may wish it was.

"Get up on it!!!"

Be honest, be truthfull, but for God's sake let her know how you REALLY feel about her.

It may be scary at first, but be honest with her, don't be afraid.

Chicks are automatically repulsed by fear.

Every single girl I've ever spoken to has told me that nothing saddens them or depresses them more than for a guy to "ask" them if it's okay for them to kiss her.

Just do it.

If they don't want you to, they will let you know, but for God's sake, DON'T ask, just do it.

Is it risky? Hell yeah!!! but girls don't want a wimp.

Jeter, if ya like her, let her know beyond a doubt.

Trust me, the rest will fall into place..

Tie.

sigpic

Comment

• Zabka
              Imperial Guard
              • Nov 2004
              • DSA Zabka

Deslock---such a romantic view of the fairer gender!

While actually, I partially agree with much of what you say, I think that a lot of women change their tune around the late 20s as they start getting more interested in finding a partner.

But the other thing to remember is that Jeter is in high school. The behavior you describe is a lot easier to pull off post high school. While in school, you are more apt to be limited by the social structures of high school, reputations, and people caring what other people think. That's why high school can be the best part of some people's lives or the worst for others.

I think in high school, you have to play to your strengths and use the social structure that is available to you to your advantage. Rarely does the head cheerleader date a non-jock. It just doesn't work that way.So you need to play the cliques accordingly.

But once out of high school, the rules all change.

Comment

• captnjeter
                Honorary DSA

However tempting Deslock's plan is, my intuitive sense of Erin says that would not be right. If I can remember back to math class from last year, the "normal" attempts of flirting with her did not work, if I'm correct that my friend who sat behind me (while I sat next to Erin, for most of the year not having any feelings for her) was trying to flirt with her. Didn't really work and I'm pretty sure it made her a touch angry. Some of the arguments were pretty funny though. :P

Now back to the music dilema, the only really good suggestion that never really crossed my mind was "Everything She Does I Magic". I've had that on my iPod forever but never even thought about it. One that came to me last night was "Tell Her About It" by Billy Joel. I heard it coming back from getting a drink during halftime. But I'll have to check if it's in the computer. "With Or Without You" is one of the songs that's going to go on the computer soon, hopefully Monday if I can commandeer the production room. My safety right now is "Beautiful Day", because that's just a great song.

For Comical Purposes, here are some songs that as I went through them were obvious not to play
                Sunday Bloody Sunday
                Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
                An Cat Dubh
                Bullet the Blue Sky
                "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter

Comment

• CHRIST
                  Civilian

Originally posted by norm
                  "It puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!"
                  can i have an auto trader

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

• Grejo
                    Civilian
                    • Jul 2006

I agree with Deslock 100% on this. Hell i'm still doing all the nice bullshit for this girl i like and she goes out with the guy that broke her heart a few months ago. Women are fucking stupid....

Anyways i have a CRAP load of slow ''love'' songs that you can use but most of them are smooth R&B and idk if you like that genre.....

anyways here's a list of some of them...

Favorite Girl - Marques Houston (my fav.)
                    Just a Friend - Mario
                    Let me Hold you - Bow Wow
                    I wanna know - Joe
                    Differences - Ginuwine
                    Love you more - Ginuwine
                    your man ain't me - Chris brown
                    ain't no way - Chris brown
                    I may never find - Chris Brown
                    poppin - Chris brown
                    Grown & Sexy - Babyface
                    Young Love - Chris Brown (probably the best for you)
                    Superstar - Usher (probably another best for you)
                    follow me - Usher
                    sweet lady - Tyrese
                    Entourage - omarion
                    take it slow - omarion
                    impossible - omarion
                    I wish - omarion
                    the way you make me feel - michael jackson (hey, it's a good song!)
                    back at one - brian mcknight
                    you're the only one for me - brian mcknight
                    why i love you - B2K
                    Gotta be - B2K
                    Angel from above - KC & JoJo
                    all my life - KC & JoJo
                    Sunday Mornings - Maroon 5 (not really R&B but it's good)

There's probably some others but listen to all those songs, i'm sure they're perfect for what you're feeling.

Comment

• captnjeter
                      Honorary DSA

I don't care if the songs are slow. I prefer them to be upbeat and cheerful. One of the reasons I don't listen to Elton John is because most of the songs I've heard are too slow or sad. I remembered that we have "Original of the Species" by U2 on the computer. Not technically a love song, but this is coming from someone who knows the meaning of that song.

Eh, maybe I'll just get one of them flowers the junior class will be selling and give it to her with song lyrics in it. Still split on what to do.

Bright spot is if we do the basketball playoffs, Erin would not be that bad as a sub incase the staff gets decimated again.

Comment

• Grejo
                        Civilian
                        • Jul 2006

lol there not sad slow songs, there sweet slow love songs. at least give them a try...

Comment

• Kerry2
                          Imperial Advisor

Not to intentionally add more to your dellima Jeter but I see a small but reconsileable conflict here. You say that you are too shy to express your feelings toward this girl but yet you get on the radio everyday and talk to hundereds maybe even thousands of people every day. While I realize that talking on the radio to a mic and having it broadcast is different than face to face confrontation it still shows that deep inside of you there is the courage that you need to tell this girl how you feel.

Now that is said you need the tactic to do so. Women are a strange and beautiful creature and try as we might I honestly don't think that we will ever completely understand the intricit way their minds work. Deslock's post has alot of truth in it however demented it may seem :D ( just kidding Des ) Women are attracted to confidence and they can sense it from a mile away. It doesn't matter if you get her attention over the phone, radio, e-mail, whatever, you have to believe in yourself to make her believe in you. The fact that most women are attracted to bad boys is partially due to the fact that most bad boys are extremely self confident or at least they project self confidence. It is also partially due to the fact that most women like a challenge and want someone they think they can "change".

The first step to winning this girl over is to believe in yourself. Trust me, through most of high school I was just another dork roaming around campus not even on the radar for most of the girls. But then I started realizing how the system worked and it all became clear to me. I had a friend through school that never ceased to amaze me. He was the goofiest guy you had ever met, not really bright, always screwing around and not really what most people would consider attractive. But he could talk a nun into a blow job just becuase he was confident and didn't mind talking to women. After watching him for a little while I began to change my approach. I started believing in myself and as hard as it was for me to do I began just being straight forward and talking to women and I started getting more and more women.

You just have to project confidence, women can sense fear and they will respond accordingly. Show her that you are there and that you are a viable contender for her attention. But I don't advise just walking up to her and telling her that you want to hump her leg or anything like that. I know that you are wanting to make your move on valentines day and you may get your chance but don't just run up and say "Hey I really like you and will you go out with me". Sometimes that works but generally it catches the girl so off gaurd that she doesn't know what to say and it ends badly, trust me I know. Most women have heard every cheesy pick up line there is and hardly any of them work but I'm going to share a secret with you that had an extremely high success rate for me. You will have to ad-lib and play it by ear but this one almost never let me down and when it did at least I didn't walk away wondering if I was being laughed at later.

Women want to be told they are attractive but you don't want to just come out and start telling them how beautiful they are and how you want to make a shrine to them out of old toe nail clippings and used bubble gum. The best way to make a woman feel attractive is to "assume" that they have a boyfriend. Find something to compliment her on. During a conversation just slip it in, say "your boyfriend is a very luck man" or "your boyfriend must really like that" . This does two things, first it tells her that you think she's attractive enough to have a man. Second it makes her start thinking, are you interested or are you just making conversation either way you just popped up on her radar and you now have an open conversation. Now depending upon how she answers you take the conversation one of two ways. If she says "Oh, I don't have a boyfriend" you simply reply "Oh, really" and you simply contiue the conversation. If she says "Yeah he is" or anything that insinuates that she's taken you continue the conversation for as long as you wish and then drop it off and leave it at that. Don't just end the conversation when she says she has a boyfriend or you show your hand and lose the "post boyfriend" option.

If she says that she doesn't have a boyfriend, as I said before simply continue the conversation but don't do all the talking. This is the easy part, just listen to what she has to say and respond accordingly. If the conversation is going on around lunch or dinner time, sometime during the conversation you simply tell her that you are getting a little hungry and ask if she would like to continue this over lunch/dinner. Congratulations, you've just asked her for a first date. Most of the time she will say yes, but in the case that she declines simply say "no problem I'll just grab something later". Once you turn 21 you can ask her out for drinks but that's a little while ahead. Anyways, just keep the conversation going, ask her about some of her intersts, her job, talk to her about radio. Somewhere in the mix slip in a small compliment if you feel that things are going good. Don't tell her how hot she is though or how she looks like Demi Moore. Find something small that other guys might not notice. Tell her that she has beautiful eyes, or tell her how it's cute how her nose crinkles up when she laughs, something small and that she doesn't hear from every guy that hits on her and shows her that your not just staring at her ass and tits. Use your judgement and imagination here and just play it small. After the compliment go back to the topic of discussion or start a new one, just don't dwell on it. This will leave here thinking and it will build up later.

After the conversation is over, excuse yourself and go your separate ways if you already know the girl and know how to contact her. If this is a new girl that you just met you have to play it a little different. If it's a new girl you need to find something in common during the conversation and slip in an invitation to another meeting. If you both like mountain biking slip in "I know this really great trail you should try sometime" or something along those lines. This opens you up to get her number or email. E-mail's are great because they're easy to get and most women will read them regardless of who they are from. Phone calls are easier to miss or ignore. If you cannot find anything in common during the conversation then simply tell her that you've really enjoyed the conversation and you would like to talk to her again. Once you've got her number or e-mail, send her a message a day or two later that says " I really enjoyed talikng to you the other night and would like to talk some more over dinner xxxxx night if possible".

Just like that you're in. Just keep it going from there. Worst case scenario is that it doesn't work out and you're no worse off than you were before. In her eyes you'll be the intersting guy that actually listened to what she had to say and you might get your chance later. Just remember, if it doesn't work don't give up. Find the next girl and try again. Just keep getting back up and going after it again. Rember, Babe Ruth might have been a home run king but he also lead the leauge in stirke outs. Older generation girls might have been attracted to the mix tape or the flowers on valentines day but most women of this generation find it odd and don't understand it. Just be confindent in yourself, project it to her and go for it.

Just remember, You're smart, you're good enough, and gosh darnit people like you.

I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade. It may be he shall take my hand and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, it may be I shall pass him still. I have a rendezvous with Death, on some scarred slope of battered hill. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous.

Comment

• Deslock
                            Darth Beratter

Kerry said it better than I did, but the overall point to remember, is that we both told you to TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT HER.

Watch Clerks2 and listen to what the manager chick tells Dante about why the former Hottie he could never nail in High School, is now interested in him for marriage.

Playing her a love song, could either go one of two ways:

It'll be romantic, and really melt her heart.

Or, since you didn't talk to her first about it and see if she feels the same way, is going to make her EXTREMELY uncomfortable, and kinda creep her out about you. :? Could come off as campy and corny. Depends on the chick.

Roll the dice, ya takes your chances bud.

Women are complicated creatures, subject to their insane whims.
                            And each single one is different. They should come with owners manuals, so we don't fuck up as much.

Kerry is absolutely correct. Confidence is the key. Almost to the point of arrogance. Every chick I spoken with about this subject has told me the same thing. If you're scared and indecisive with her, Chicks can "sense" that shit, and you'll fall into the dreaded "friendzone", and once there, it's all over for good, no going back.

"Nice guys are boring, and "safe"".

Safe and boring, doesn't turn them on. EVER!.

Grejo said:

Hell I'm still doing all the nice bullshit for this girl I like, and she goes out with the guy that broke her heart a few months ago. Women are ******* stupid....
                            Why?, because like I said before, it's a flaw with women. They desire what they cannot have. Women will go back to the cheating boyfriend that treats them like shit, while there's a great guy right there next to them that would absolutely adore them to pieces.

Why again? Because the guy that adores them, they know that already. He's too easy to get.
                            Is it fair?

Nope. but that's life.

Jeter, if you EVER want to nibble Erin's naughty bits, stop the shy nice guy crap, TALK TO HER and tell her exactly how you feel. If she doesn't feel the same way, then you know, and you're free to move on to greener pastures, no harm done.

You mentioned the Billy Joel song "Tell her about it". Listen to that song, and do what he says.

Tell her about it. Dude, take his advice. Save yourself a possible embarassing moment, and tell her you think she's delightful to you.

Girls may be insane, but one thing they all respect and like.:

Honesty.

Word up,

Tie.

sigpic

Comment

• CORPORAL
                              Honorary DSA
                              • Nov 2004

Jeter not shure if it's too late but here are some selections from my library of music. Most if not all are probably not in the computer like Rdaug assessed earlier however I'm putting these up in case you need them anyway. In some way or another these are in my mind are love songs and I'm shure they are not too over the top. All are accompanied with a line from the song for your gal.

Warmness on the Soul - Avenged Sevenfold
                              "Nothing can compare in this world to you." (Sick solo)

Don't Worry Baby - The Beach Boys
                              "And if you knew how much I loved you baby nothing could go wrong with you." (Upbeat)

Dream Lover - Bobby Darin
                              "I want a Dream Lover so I don't have to dream alone." (Upbeat)

Saturday Night - The Misfits
                              "I was thinking about you. There was something I forgot to say."

The Book of Love - The Monotones
                              "Baby, baby, baby I love you yes I do. It says so in this Bok of Love. Ours is the one that's the true."

Put Your Head on my Shoulder - Paul Anka
                              Song Overall is good. Can't pin one line. Upbeat.

Earth Angel - The Penguins
                              Another song that overall is actually good. Can't pin one line. Yes guys this is the song from Back to the Future.

Only You - The Platters
                              "Only You can make this world seem bright. Only You can make the darkness bright."

You're My Best Friend - Queen
                              "You're my sunshine and I want to know that my feelings are true I really love you."

Somebody To Love - Queen
                              Title says it all. No need for line. And it's Queen Dammit!

Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy - Queen
                              "Be your Valentino just for you." (Very Upbeat + cheerful)

(You're My) Soul and Inspiration - Righteous Brothers
                              "You're my Soul and My Heart's Inspiration. You're all I got to get me by."

Damn sound like a freakin Compilation disc commercial.

I wholly agree with Kerry and Des especially with Kerry. Ya it's a movie moment when you get her on Valentine's Day but I found it's a hell lot of a lot easier to slow play it and flirt a bit. And turn up the confidence for shure!!! Hope these help sometime!!

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎