• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deslock
    Darth Beratter

North vs. South.

Subject: North Vs. South

The North has Bloomingdales, The South has Dollar General

The North has coffee houses, The South has Waffle Houses.

The North has dating services, The South has family reunions.

The North has switchblade knives, The South has Lee Press-on Nails.

The North has double last names, The South has double first names.

The North has Indy car races, The South has NASCAR.

The North has Cream of Wheat, The South has grits.

The North has green salads, The South has collard greens.

The North has lobsters, The South has crawdads.

The North has the rust belt, The South has the Bible Belt.

FOR NORTHERNERS MOVING SOUTH . . . In the South:

If you run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in a four-wheel drive pickup truck With a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them, just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store....do not buy food at this store.

Remember, "y'all" is singular, "all y'all" is plural, and "all y'all's" is a plural possessive.

Get used to hearing "Y'all ain't from round here, are ya?"

Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later on how to use it. Don't be worried at not understanding what people are saying. They can't understand you either.

The first Southern statement to creep
    into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "big'ol," truck or big'ol" boy. Most Northerners begin their Southern-influenced
    dialect this way. All of them are in denial about it.

The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.

Be advised that "He needed killin." is a valid defense here.

If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this," you should
    stay out of the way. These are likely to be the last words he'll ever say.

If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the smallest
    accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It doesn't matter whether you need anything or not. You just have
    to go there. (OMG! This IS so true!!!!)

Do not be surprised to find that 10-year olds own their own shotgun.
    They are proficient marksmen, and their mammas taught them how to aim.

In the South, we have found that the best way to grow a lush green lawn is to pour gravel on it and call it a driveway.

AND REMEMBER: If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't even think we will accept them for a moment as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits.

Heh, Ya'll come back now, ya hear!

sigpic
  • Grejo
    Civilian
    • Jul 2006

DON'T be steriotypical.....people will beat the shit out of you for it

Comment

• Rdaug27
      Civilian
      • Jun 2006

You know the story of the crawfish huh?
      When the French left France and came to Louisiana, the Lobsters missed them and began walking to Louisiana. As they walked they got smaller and smaller and thats how they become crawfish (or crawdads, or crawbugs, or ricebugs) ROFL
      sigpic

Comment

• Master_Ian
        Civilian
        • Apr 2006

Totally agree with the weapon part. If you've ever been to floridas west cost a lot of it is about the same as alabama. And my friends there showed me anything I'll ever need to know about shootin, throwin knives, and playing with fire. my mama didnt teach me but damn we could shoot with anything.
        One shot, One kill.

Comment

• UncleRico
          Civilian
          • Jun 2006

In texas, damn lot of people have either a concealed weapon permit or a knife on them at all times. usually both. lol. And I've known how to shoot a gun and throw knives since I was about three I have to disagree, however, with one of those. Bait shops usually have really good restaurants. Just make sure it ain't that smokestack lady gettin' yer minners that'll be cookin' yall's crawdads.....even though they come out of the bait holdin' tank, too.
          UncleRico

sigpic
          I like cookies. You like cookies? You no like cookies? I put rebel scum in your cookies...

Comment

• Rdaug27
            Civilian
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by UncleRico
            Just make sure it ain't that smokestack lady gettin' yer minners that'll be cookin' yall's crawdads.....even though they come out of the bait holdin' tank, too.
            ROFL That's great. I don't know how to throw a knife, but I did bag my first deer when I was 8 years old. It was thanksgiving and I was hunting with my grandmother. She tried to help me hold on to the gun, but the scope still came back and hit me leaving a nice bruise. You can't buy memories like that though.
            sigpic

Comment

• Zabka
              Imperial Guard
              • Nov 2004
              • DSA Zabka

RDaug,

I love your sig. Ricky Gervais is just an absolute genius. His HBO/BBC show "Extras" was just so excruciatingly, cringe-worthily good. The one with Samuel L Jackson in season one and the one with Harry Potter in Season 2 were just fantastic. I also love the American Office, but it is a different vibe than the British one.
              You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• UncleRico
                Civilian
                • Jun 2006

Doesn't mean I'm good at throwing knives I still can't quite figure it out :? Oh well, that really has happened though....I asked for a burger (stupidly after she got my two dozen bass and crappie shiners) and she went straight to preparing after she dipped her hands in to bait tank :roll: narrrsty....
                UncleRico

sigpic
                I like cookies. You like cookies? You no like cookies? I put rebel scum in your cookies...

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎