X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • norm
    Imperial Guard
    • Jun 2006
    • DSA norm

I have never seen such a large group of whiners all in one place. I’m all for it her being suspended. After looking through some of the other articles about this case I find out this isn’t the first, second or third time this has happened with this girl. She’s been sent home twice before and has been given several warnings. Stupid troublemaker. When you have kids killing kids over what they wear and what colors they may have on why not have a dress code? Wait let’s get rid of the dress code and who cares if kids spend all their money on the latest fad only to have their ass kick and the fad stolen. Oh boo-hoo. Bunch of whiners you guys are.

If there is anyone to blame for this it’s you. First they have to teach sex ed, then it’s taking out dodge ball and now it’s a dress code. When you choose to let the government decide what’s best for your kid this is what you get. Oh and just don’t say it’s just about the kids, you’ve chosen to let the government decide what’s best for you. Look at all the important decisions the government makes for you. Retirement, hell you can’t even decide what plan you want your money to go into. It has to go into SS and if you can afford any extra then it’s your choice. I blame you all for this. No one complained about sex ed, dodge ball or any of the other crap the government decides what’s best for us and now you’re complaining. HA I say, HA FUCKING HA.

Comment

• Deslock
      Darth Beratter

They actually protested our tea tax and dumped the tea in Boston harbor.

"Stupid troublemakers".

Now they're refusing our illegal search and seizure methods in the name of King George!!!

"Stupid troublemakers".

Now they're telling us slavery should be illegal....

"Stupid troublemakers".

And now blacks want civil rights and want to vote...

"Stupid troublemakers".

We're fighting an endless losing war in Vietnam, with no progress in sight, and all we get in return for our efforts and money is more national debt and body bags....

"Stupid troublemakers".

We're fighting an endless losing war in Iraq and Afganistan, with no progress in sight, and all we get in return for our efforts and money is more national debt and body bags....

"Stupid troublemakers".

See a pattern here?

The "troublemakers" have been the very backbone of why our country has survived. Because when the common people faced with injustice, stood firm against the powers that be at the time.

I understand your point Norm. But that wasn't the way to present it.

sigpic

Comment

• norm
        Imperial Guard
        • Jun 2006
        • DSA norm

Come on Deslock, by your logic I could just as easily say Clyde Barrow was a troublemaker and those banks needed robbing. Capone was a troublemaker and it was good that he thumbed his nose at prohibition. Honestly if you’re going to break out a straw-man argument as a defense you have to do a better job then that.

When it comes down to it, she broke the rules set forth by the school. This was not the first time she broke this rule. The punishment fit the crime. There must have been some sort of problem at that school or in a school district close by for that school’s district to take such a severe stance on its dress code policy. If the parents and students honestly thought it was that bad of a policy they should have brought it before the school board. Wait they did that and last year the board voted and passed it again. When that didn’t work they should have run campaigns and done their best to vote those people out of office. She deserved what she got.

Comment

• Zabka
          Imperial Guard
          • Nov 2004
          • DSA Zabka

Norm, you raise a good point in that we don't know all the facts behind this or the motivations. But that still doesn't mean that the rule is a good rule or fairly worded. Perhaps she was a troublemaker. Perhaps she was standing up for her rights. We have no way of knowing.
          You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• Deslock
            Darth Beratter

That's why I posted to Norm that I could see where he was coming from, and I understood his point. You don't have to agree on everything, but you've got to be flexible in regards to thinking. And be able to recognize both sides of the story sometimes. Not all the time, depends on the situation.

I'm a constitutionalist, and I love a good debate. Not an argument, Because that can lead to seriously hard feelings. But a good dust up once and awhile is good for the nature of freedom.

I'd much rather people fight with words in this world, than with bullets and fists.

Sometimes no one is right or wrong. It's our ability to find common ground that's important. And that helps us remain strong.

sigpic

Comment

• norm
              Imperial Guard
              • Jun 2006
              • DSA norm

I'm having a blast with this just so you guys know.

Yes Zabka we don't know all the facts about it. That is why I went and looked up other articles involving the story. The story reads completely different when you find out she's been warned several times and sent home twice for not obeying this rule. Also knowing that the rule has been re-voted on by school board and passed shows you how serious the school board takes it. If you've done what I have and had the chance to sit in on school board meetings you know that there is an attorney that is usually there. The meetings I've sat in the board would ask the attorney is this rule was okay, did it violate this or that. I'm quite sure this is something that all boards do. So that would lead me to believe that they asked if their dress code rule was okay and if it violated any set state laws.

To me this is the same thing as the girl with a 4.5 GPA suing a West Virginia school district because of an F she got. She was on a school excused field trip for student council members the day her Biology project was due. The teacher had a strict policy of not allowing anyone to turn in work late. She had the project done well before the due date and knew she was not going to be at school that day and did not turn it in. So the teacher gave her an F for turning it in late. So she's (her parents) suing over it. She didn't follow directions and because of it she got an F. Now she wants to go back and change the rules.

It's a bad lesson we are teaching kids. Yes there are some rules that should not be followed, but there are some rules you just have to follow. If you are working for a company and they say you must wear this uniform and you don't chances are you will be warned or could be fired. Your boss wants a job done by a certain day and you don't finish it. He doesn't care that you had a company event to attend. All he knows is that because of you X amount of people are now farther behind their schedules trying to make up for the time you lost.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎