Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EagleOne
    Honorary DSA

BEES!!!!!!

Well we have an infestation of bees at work. RDAUG and I are not sure if the are honey bees or killer bees. Rdaug has the bright idea of buying a case of industrial bee spray and going out there to kill them. I don't like the bees do to a bad experiance. Any ideas?

• LordCompulon
    Imperial Advisor
    • Feb 2005
    • DSA Comp

You should hire a professional bee extractor. Killer bees are called that for a reason!

Right now huge numbers of bees are dying out across North America, and they are still searching for the reason for the disappearance. This could lead to an ecological disaster as many species of flowering plants depend on the beers for pollination. This includes many farmed fruits and other agricultural products. I know that I spend about $100 a year on honey to make mead, and I can see the prices going up already. By next year I might be paying $200 for the batch.
    Destroy Everything

sigpic

Comment

• AndyPants
      Civilian
      • Oct 2004
      • Pants9000

You could always try a shop vac. What ever you do, make sure to film it. I always find it funny watching ppl fight bees from a distance (they look crazy)

On a side note, Comp are you a home brewer? Where is the Dark Side Ale-iance? I've been wanting to give brewing a try for some time now. Would you have any recommendations on a good book for a beginner?

Comment

• CHRIST
        Civilian

Originally posted by LordCompulon
        This could lead to an ecological disaster as many species of flowering plants depend on the beers for pollination.
        crazy drunken plants, they need to keep themselves in check

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

• LordCompulon
          Imperial Advisor
          • Feb 2005
          • DSA Comp

I recommend the good book "The Brewmaster's Bible" You can get it from Amazon for $15.

I also go through and read the recipes on "The Cats Meow 3" an old online brewing recipe database. Just google that and you'll find it.

I didn't mean to spell bees wrong. My mind must have been somewhere else.
          Destroy Everything

sigpic

Comment

• sig
            Civilian
            • Jun 2006

re

Another good starting point for beginners is Cabella's or Bass pro shops beer in a bag. Sometimes its easier to start simple. (thats what I learned)

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎