Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deslock
    Darth Beratter

PS3 Owners please read:

Since the last online update, I've had problems with my PS3 playing sound on PS2 games. The games play all right, but with choppy, or no sound at all. Went to the PS3 site, and found one thread where they said to go into your sound settings and turn everything on. That did give it sound, but it was rather choppy. So I then turned off all sound channels except the very first one, and my sound came back on my PS2 games. Then it stopped working, and I'm back to no sound on my PS2 games.

Anyone else have this problem? PS3 games play with perfect sound, just not PS2 games. I can't honestly believe I'm the only one that has had this problem.
    Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated.:)

Thanks,

Des.

sigpic
  • Ditch
    Civilian
    • Oct 2006

i haven't had that problem .but here are some suggestions : switch the back off then after a few minutes hold down the reset on the front .keep your finger on it then flip the switch back on it will beep then 5 or 6 seconds later it will beep again remove your finger on the second beep. this resets or reboots and all should be fine if not call !18003457669 sony
    Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

• norm
      Imperial Guard
      • Jun 2006
      • DSA norm

Des... I know there are two different versions of the PS3. One that is basiclly a PS2 built in and one that uses software to emulate the PS2. Maybe the update is effecting that and getting things confused within your system.

The 360 had an issue with an updte a while back and it was odd with who it effected. There wasn't any clear pattern between what 360 they had, what games they had or the time of year they bought them. The biggest group were those that had the earlier 360's and with them it also hit and miss.

Things like that can be frustrating I hope you get it up and running back to normal soon.

I also finally got to watch the entire Sony press conferance at E3 this year. I'll post my comments on that this week. I saw some really interesting things, a few things to show that the PS3 is very much alive and some tings that make you wonder just what in the hell Sony is thinking..lol

Comment

• {KOR}Longhorn
        Civilian
        • Apr 2006

I haven't had that problem either. I still play SWBF2 and NCAA Football 06 often on my PS3, especially with the recent update to upscale PS2 games to HD. I've never had a problem with the sound while playing PS2 games. I've also played TR: Legends and The Warriors.

I'd recommend calling Sony's Customer Service, as they are pretty good answering your questions and recommending things to try to fix the problem. Also, keep checking the US.PlayStation.com forums. Any questions I have I can usually find answers to on their forums.

The one problem I have with my PS3 is that my headset keeps 'cutting out' while playing in the DSA Jedi server. I have to get up, unplug my Logitech headset, and replug it in. The headset will work for a time, then eventually 'cut out' again. My headset works perfectly on other games.

-KOR Longhorn
        sigpic
        Online name: {KOR}K-Longhorn
        King of the Knights Of the Republic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎