Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIST
    Civilian

Nike Merriman/Jackson commercial

No idea why, but I love this commercial. So I wanted to post it for everyone else to see who hasn't.

lol and I'm happy they chose the packers to get raped by Jackson instead of the bills LMAO...................sorry grejo

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"
  • Grejo
    Civilian
    • Jul 2006

i know i love that commerical also. and i'll root for the packers but i don't love them compared to muncher lol

i like how they made the weather like crazy snowy in lambeau field for the packers since that's really where the packers shine, even though jackson still rapes them

my fav. team is the falcons, although jackson still rapes them lol

i'm glad jackson still scores since pittsburgh's defense isn't as good as what they're making it out to be.

lol and did you see when merriman crushes the raiders RB and every other raider keeps running like the guy is still alive lmfao

Comment

• Rdaug27
      Civilian
      • Jun 2006

You love it because of the music! ROFL. Anyone besides myself know what movie that is from?
      sigpic

Comment

• CHRIST
        Civilian

I know it because it was posted as a comment on youtube, but I won't ruin it for someone else because I haven't seen the movie

Comment

• Muncher
          Lieutenant

The packers were off their game in that clip. They could munch him to the ground any other day. Shazaam :bitchslap:

See the green guy is the packers and the yellow smiley is jackson.
          We are all gonna have to live in da woods some day, cause the government is gonna take our guns away.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Zabka
            Imperial Guard
            • Nov 2004
            • DSA Zabka

Nobody else thinks it is BS that Bonds is treated like the anti-christ for roiding when Shawn Merriman has tested positive for 'roids and been suspended as a result--but he gets a Nike commercial? Complete BS.
            You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• Grejo
              Civilian
              • Jul 2006

i think probably because the impact of it wasn't a great as bonds....i mean it's not like merriman is gonna break one of the biggest records in sports history like bonds did.

lol didja like how the safety of the steelers in that video was a scrawny white guy? lmfao

Comment

• Zabka
                Imperial Guard
                • Nov 2004
                • DSA Zabka

That's what I think is BS. Like one instance of juicing is somehow worse than the other. Merriman won Defensive Rookie of the Year accolades and Pro Bowl votes because he was juiced. It shouldn't be any different. That's the BS. Bonds still hasn't tested positive for anything although he admits "mistakenly" using the clear. It's just BS media choosing to pile onto one guy instead of another. And the sporting public just follows whatever those idiots say.

Merriman cheated as much as Bonds allegedly has. The difference is Merriman can't use the supplement argument that other players do because it was clear, and he can't even use the Lance Armstrong argument (another serious doper) because BOTH samples came up positive.

Either the stance has to be accept doping or don't. And blast the people who do with equivocal force. Such crap.

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• captnjeter
                  Honorary DSA

It is odd, Zabka. Still, this is probably the most epic commercial on TV right now. Mike and the Mad Dog brought up Merriman's positive test, but I still think this is a great commercial.

But I think there are more reasons why Bonds is deemed the anti-Christ than just because of his steroid abuse. Like his many "roid rage" moments to media members throughout the years.
                  "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter

Comment

• Zabka
                    Imperial Guard
                    • Nov 2004
                    • DSA Zabka

He never had roid rage moments. He was just an a-hole to them. That's his right. He probably is an a-hole. But....MAYBE if he got a cool commercial, people would love him! Idiotic and hypocritical. Mike and the Mad Dog are idiots too. I can't listen to the FAN because of the idiots who are on the air and the idiots who call in. Such homers...and quite often, thinly veiled racism (unless about a player they like). My biggest issue is that those guys (all of them--and everyone who writes for the Post, the Globe, etc) are all so closeminded and egotistical.

Comment

• Zabka
                      Imperial Guard
                      • Nov 2004
                      • DSA Zabka

You should also throw in Jason Giambi, Ankiel and all the other HGH guys who did the same thing that Bonds did...but don't get nearly the venom (or in the case of Ankiel, any venom). Selig is not coming out against these guys--he says he wants to "talk to them". People make all sorts of excuses for these other guys. Hell, there is a significant portion of baseball fans who want Rose to be in the Hall, and the guy freaking gambled on his own team as a manager! Talk about sanctity of the game!

The hypocrisy is ridiculous. Vick, who was involved in very cruel, inhumane treatment of animals, is treated like Jeffrey Dahmer. But countless athletes beat their wives or children--and they get a free pass. Killing a dog under such conditions is certainly a crime, but why is the sporting public so wiling to ignore travesties against humans? Look how quickly people, even on this board, were looking at Chris Benoit's murder of his family and trying to come up with excuses like roid rage, etc. to explain his behavior? Warren Moon beats his wife, and he gets to be on the air and continues his accolades. Nobody ever hears about Jay Novacek breaking his wife's jaw. How about the various drunk driving incidents that we hear about--and when somebody else is injured in these? They make the news for two days and are forgotten so long as the player can still throw, block, hit, etc.

Either people have to realize that most of these guys are athletes and not role models worthy of respect for anything beyond their ability play a game, or they need to hold the same standard for all athletes--regardless of how unfriendly they are, if they wear corn rows, or whatever. Personally, I am more of the mindset of the first line of thinking--but in the real world, people will campaign against Bonds' Hall of Fame ballotting while Merriman gets Nike commercials.

That all being said, it's a good commercial but I would prefer to have seen a different linebacker there.

Comment

• CHRIST
                        Civilian

I think in the parts with Jackson they should have had him going against the bears and ravens since they are arguably the two best defenses in the league, or at least were the two best.

Another comment I saw on youtube, that is true, is that the breathing of the guys sounds the same as when you get shot on N64 Goldeneye.
                        Last edited by CHRIST; 09-12-2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Rdaug27
                          Civilian
                          • Jun 2006

When did Merriman get busted last year? Was it before this new commish? From what I have noticed (Although I haven't paid too close attention) is that this new commish is much stricter on the rules, and isn't gonna put up with the mess. Baseball on the other hand....well Bud needs to go.

And I love how my question was just totally overlooked. I blame Zabka's rants. :p
                          Last edited by Rdaug27; 09-12-2007, 03:08 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• CHRIST
                            Civilian

According to Wiki, (which is unreliable, but I think this is fine), it was made public that he would receive a 4 game suspension on Oct. 22, 2006.

I don't know the date when he actually tested positive though.

and since no one has said anything, the song from the commercial is from the Last of the Mohicans, or at least that's what I read.

Michael Mann is the one who directed it and funny thing is the commercial is on right now as I'm typing this.

Comment

• Zabka
                              Imperial Guard
                              • Nov 2004
                              • DSA Zabka

He was nailed for it last year. I think Jason Taylor started making noise that someone like that shouldn't be allowed in the Pro Bowl either. Merriman made it public that he should mind his own business and made very negative and indignant comments about Taylor.

Goodell supposedly isn't going to mess around too much. We'll see. We'll see how much of a hit the Pats get for cheating too. But my point was less about how the league handles these issues and more on how the media and the public do.

I didn't know the score, but it sounded like a battle movie...like Braveheart but not Scottish enough. So Last of the Mohicans (which I never saw) seems to make sense.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎