X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPIKE
    Civilian
    • Apr 2007

Ok this Is tough for me...

Ok I've come to the desision that I'm going to stick to one guitar and my question is should I choose bass guitar or six string guitar?

I mean I love them both but I dont have time or patince nor money to learn both.

I love bass and my heros coming from it Are Gene Simmions and Duff

I Love Guitar and the inspirist for that are Slash and Dimebag Darrel

Oh and of course I love both Men from ZZ-top

I would like your opinions and comments on both to gelp me deside those with experiance please share comments on your Axe of choice.
    Last edited by SPIKE; 02-27-2008, 09:18 PM.
    sigpic
    Brawl Friend Code:5412-9698-8492
  • Master_Ian
    Civilian
    • Apr 2006

As a guitar performance major , I would say go with whatever you feel you can go the furthest with. It's not about which is the coolest but whichever one that you feel the most. I chose 6 string because I felt that I was much more creative and play it much better without thinking, but I enjoy picking up a bass every once in a while and slappin around on it. Just remember that its what you can feel playing rather than think about.

There is 200 guitar players for every good bass player, so if you want to get in to a band and all that it might be easier, but on the other hand for all the guitar players there are you can be one of the one's who stand out.

I love Slash and Dime, but the bar to be recognized as a good player has been set pretty high on both fronts.
    One shot, One kill.

Comment

• SPIKE
      Civilian
      • Apr 2007

I know its what ever I feel better playing Im just asking like which one was easyer to pick up...

honestly on niether one have I made much progress. I love guitar because much like Slash im the jazzy kind of preformer and the masterful elegant riffs that come from the instrument..

But on the other hand the Bass I just love the deep sound and I just love stuming around on it I can make more on it by making up stuff than I can on a 6string-Guitar.

Honestly I can only afford one I already have an acoustic but I've always been the Metal man.

And the whole point was because of the band we got a drummer and we are looking for 2 axe wheilders. I got Vocals and the Secondary has back up Vocals... I just didnt want to rush into getting some random one with out thoughts and consaltent first.
      sigpic

Comment

• Master_Ian
        Civilian
        • Apr 2006

Well I think a good bass set up won't set you back as much as a good metal guitar setup. A good fender jazz bass and ampeg 8x 10 cab and a decent head won't set you back half as much as good guitars, amps, effects and so on.

I'm personally a Les Paul kinda guy running through a Mesa Dual Rectifier stack but good anything isn't cheap at all.

How much you looking to spend?
        Last edited by Master_Ian; 02-27-2008, 10:52 PM.
        One shot, One kill.

Comment

• SPIKE
          Civilian
          • Apr 2007

Welll my wallet is S**ting butterflies right now so my limit after I get paid would be like in the 200's, 300's and really thats pushing it.
          sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍