X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captnjeter
    Honorary DSA

I've acquired a PS3

Well, technically I didn't get it...

My family set up an HDTV about a month ago, so we're slowly transitioning to getting everything into one huge HDTV house of doom. So it was more like my Dad didn't feel like spending $400 for a Blu-ray player and decided it was better getting a Blu-ray player and a gaming console (that won't be horded up in my room all the time) for just $100 more. We got it about a week and a half ago, but until now it's been stranded from any internet access making the console basically useless for gaming now-a-days. My dad is still working on the final touches on getting it set up, but it should be good to go by the end of the weekend.

This means I may be on it from time to time, or whenever the RRoD decides to **** up my XBox again. Don't count on seeing me around always or even occasionally, because I'd really only consider renting some PS3 exclusive games like MLB: The Show 2008. Should I or my dad decide to pick up a game like Warhawk, I'll let you guys know. We have GTA4, but since I refuse to play that game, you won't see me there. If and when I get a PSN name, I'll let you know, but again, I'm enjoying my 360 way too much to start getting obsessed with another console. Plus I'm way to cheap to spend $60 for games for another console.
    "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter
  • MajinTony
    Honorary DSA
    • Aug 2005

You need to take it online to at least DL the Blu-Ray 2.0 firmware. The one great thing about the PS3 is that when new Blu-ray technology comes out, then you get to upgrade it for free.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• Ditch
      Civilian
      • Oct 2006

at least update it, and you'll want to rent socom
      Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎