Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaTix
    Emperor

Extended Unemployment Benefits Signed into Law

Good news for anyone unfortunate enough to be unemployed in this failing economy and job market. Bush finally signed the bill into law that extends unemployment benefits by 13 weeks. It's about ****ing time. Although the only reason he signed it was because of the $162 billion war fund attached to it.

The states' DoLs are flooded with phone calls as everyone is trying to get theirs. I think they took the phones off the hook completley as most of them have a message stating they will send out info to those eligible for the extension. When you try to get a live person it just says they are experiencing high volume and to try back later, then drops the call. In the words of Ray Liotta (Henry Hill).. **** YOU, PAY ME!!!
    "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
    ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
  • keyser28146
    Honorary DSA

Actually, That's Henry Hill (played by Ray Liotta) paraphrasing Paulie. And if you haven't, you need to watch that movie with the "cops and Crooks" commentary turned on (the one with the REAL Henry Hill). It's. UHmmmm. Awesome.
    sigpic

Comment

• RaTix
      Emperor

Originally posted by keyser28146
      Actually, That's Henry Hill (played by Ray Liotta) paraphrasing Paulie.
      Originally posted by RaTix
      In the words of Ray Liotta (Henry Hill)..
      Now that I'm thinking of it, maybe it was Ray Liotta, playing Henry Hill. Or was it Henry Hill, played by Ray Liotta. :roll:

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
      ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• keyser28146
        Honorary DSA

Henry Hill (not Ray Liotta) on the commentary track talks about Ray Liotta (playing Henry Hill) walking across the street and pistol whipping that guy and says "See. That's hollywood right there, when I smashed that guy in the face with that pistol those guys weren't standing there. They all ran like hell."
        sigpic

Comment

• Dioxin
          Honorary DSA

hahaha. nice. I'll have to check that out.
          "F--k Ron Paul!" -Gino in the heat of a losing battle; COD4; Crash.

Comment

• MajinTony
            Honorary DSA
            • Aug 2005

Well I got a notice from EDD explaining the qualifying criteria for extended unemployment bennies:

a) Are fully or partially unemployed on or after 7/6/08; check
            b) Have exhausted their entitlement to a regular UI claim; check
            c) Are not qualified to file a new claim; check
            d) Have a valid claim that began on or after 5/7/06; 7/14/06 is my let go date so check
            e) Meet all eligibility criteria; check

Well I filed this afternoon so we'll see if I get those 13 weeks in 10 days or so. Here's to more free money. Although I won't hold my breath.

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• RaTix
              Emperor

Went in effect the week ending of July 13th. I do mine right on the website which makes it easier. I'm not sure the SOP they have where you are, but I was able to just file as normal online. No extra filing or steps or anything.

?Darth Plagueis

Comment

• MajinTony
                Honorary DSA
                • Aug 2005

Yeah same deal here, I just went online and filled out the standard claim. As soon as I logged off I realized I've been getting a check from the state for taking care of my mom as of a few weeks ago. It's less than part time so I should still get UI, but I'm just wondering what kind of hassle I just put myself through. I'm sure it's going to take some goddamned phone time to get it cleared up.

Damnit, I was being hasty. The thought of free money does that to me.

D'oh

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• RaTix
                  Emperor

Would that really be classified as "income" though? I mean isn't really "for" taking care of her and not personal income? Sorta like how Child support goes towards taking care of the child.

Also, I find that doing it online as early as possible on Sunday (like 12:01 AM when your drunk and gaming) will get you the check sooner, like Weds instead of Thurs.

?Darth Plagueis

Comment

• MajinTony
                    Honorary DSA
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by RaTix
                    Would that really be classified as "income" though? I mean isn't really "for" taking care of her and not personal income? Sorta like how Child support goes towards taking care of the child.
                    Nah it is for my time, she gets her own social security and/or medical disabilty $$$. Even still I should still qualify as it's 30 hours per month. EDD will supplement your income if oyu don't work FT.

Originally posted by Ratix
                    Also, I find that doing it online as early as possible on Sunday (like 12:01 AM when your drunk and gaming) will get you the check sooner, like Weds instead of Thurs.
                    That's classic! Gives you plenty of time to get beer&pot for the weekend too. :D

Comment

• MajinTony
                      Honorary DSA
                      • Aug 2005

Well I sent off my claim form today and reported the hours and earnings from my care provider check stub. Hopefully I get a check (reduced of course) and not a telephone interview. Those suck!!

Comment

• MajinTony
                        Honorary DSA
                        • Aug 2005

$Cha-Ching$

Healthy little portion. No questions asked :D

Comment

• RaTix
                          Emperor

Nice.

Is it wrong that I am hoping NYs unemployment rate goes up enough to where we get the full 26 week extension instead of 13. lol.

?Darth Plagueis

Comment

• MajinTony
                            Honorary DSA
                            • Aug 2005

Absolutley not. Plenty of people are screwing the system, some honest come-upence is nice.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎