• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyPants
    Civilian
    • Oct 2004
    • Pants9000

My XBox has died for the last time

So this time, no RRoD which = $99 for to fix something that will only break again in a few months.

So I'm cutting my losses and not getting it fixed. I will most likely save up for a PS3. In the mean time I will be around here on the site.

Thanks all, thems was some good games!
  • Ditch
    Civilian
    • Oct 2006

how many times has it pooped on you? they seem to work correctly after the rrod is fixed
    Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

• AndyPants
      Civilian
      • Oct 2004
      • Pants9000

Well 2 or 3 RRoDs and this last time I think they sent me a different box. And that's the one that broke and they now want me to pay for it.

That's a NO-GO in my book. I tried talking to "Sarah" in India but we all know where that gets you (an early grave ;) )

Comment

• Ditch
        Civilian
        • Oct 2006

that sucks dude...... good luck with ps3 or new 360 elite
        Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

• keyser28146
          Honorary DSA

Hm. That truly sucks. Why are they charging $99... this is news to me? It's got to be still under the original 3 year umbrella, no?
          sigpic

Comment

• Zabka
            Imperial Guard
            • Nov 2004
            • DSA Zabka

1 year warranty for everything but RRoD. RRoD has the 3 year warranty. The BS of it is that they gave you a refurbed model--and I think THAT should get different treatment. I bet if you called again and then requested a supervisor after calmly getting past the first rep, you could get it fixed for free.

I have had nothing but good interactions with xbox support--and actually haven heard an indian accent only once--it was much worse for me when I was calling netgear. I'd give it another chance, Pants.--on the flip side, I would never spend 99 to get that fixed. I would spend the extra 100 and get a new 360 arcade. $199 is actually pretty darn cheap for a system--and you have the HDD already.

The other option is to stick a towel around your 360, get the RRoD on purpose, and then send it in. See if they end up fixing the whole damn thing.
            You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• keyser28146
              Honorary DSA

That's a good idea (the towel wrap)! Of course I'd make sure I was home with it while I did it... sounds like a potential fire issue.
              sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎