• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gino
    Civilian
    • Mar 2007
    • Gino31B

NFL week 2 Picks

Last week definitely was the worst week ever. But this week is a guaranteed three teamer that you will win a fortune with.

At Cincinnati -1 vs Tennessee PICK: Bengals

If the Begals can not win this game they will not win one game all year. And after last weeks embarassment, I think they have to prove something at home.

NY Giants -8.5 At St. Louis Over/Under 41.5 PICK: Rams /Over

Yes the Giants are over rated with a "Soft" defense and the Rams defense still never arrived last week at Philly.. But look for a shoot-out here with a high score. If Burress gets under 847 yards receiving, that will be a disappointment.

Other Favorite picks:

At Washington PK New Orleans PICK: New Orleans

At Carolina -3 Chicago PICK: Pantehrs

At Seattle -7 San Francisco Pick: 49ers

At NY Jets -1.5 New England Pick: JETS

San Diego -1 At Denver PICK: Broncos

At Houston -4.5 Baltimore PICK : Texans
    sigpic
  • CHRIST
    Civilian

woah woah woah, do you mean for the season with Burres? or is that a typo for how many yds in the game he will get.

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

• Gino
      Civilian
      • Mar 2007
      • Gino31B

I project Buress to get 923 yards in this game alone.
      sigpic

Comment

• captnjeter
        Honorary DSA

The picks for week 2 in the NFL. The league where they play... for pay.

I automatically see that Gino and I will clash. I am taking four games this week and a lot of good week 2 match ups.

I'm going to start out in KC, where the Raiders limp into KC after a bad 41-14 loss to the Broncos. The Chiefs played the Pats very well, nearly tied it up, had two dropped balls in the endzone on that final drive. But let's face it: The Raiders are awful. I'm surprised that the line is only 3.5, but that makes it all the better of a pick. I'm taking the Chiefs to really pour it on the Rrrradiddders.

My second pick takes us to Cincinnati where the Bengals are awful. I said it last week, and I'll say it again: Marvin Lewis has no control over the team. He can't manage Chad Johnson, he signed Chris Henry after that team swore they would never bring him back, the defense isn't hustling and they're going against a great Tennessee defense. Kerry Collins can manage the game well enough, Titans should get the win. I like them despite being one-point underdogs.

We go to St. Louis next. Gino you are absolutely correct here. These two teams have no defense. We all know about the Rams and how they got blown out last Sunday. Giants didn't look so hot either. Manning looked average and I think it was more of Washington's lackluster offense than the Giants defense. I like the Rams to keep it close in a high scoring game and I'll take them but only with the points.

Finally, we have the Jets and the Pats. I had to; I'm a Jet fan. I can't keep calling myself that and not pick this game. The Pats are lead by Matt Cassel, who has not started a game since 1999, his senior year in High School. He's going up against a good defense with the Jets. The most important thing: When Cassel looks across the sideline, he'll be looking right at Brett Favre, a legend in the game. Pats have all the pressure on them, the Jets are just there for the ride. Without Tom Brady, this team will not have a great year. I like the Jets for their first win over the Patriots at home since the year 2000.

Once again, I like the Chiefs (-3.5), the Titans (+1), the Rams (+8) and the Jets (-1.5)
        "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter

Comment

• CHRIST
          Civilian

Originally posted by Gino
          Last week definitely was the worst week ever. But this week is a guaranteed three teamer that you will win a fortune with.

At Cincinnati -1 vs Tennessee PICK: Bengals

If the Begals can not win this game they will not win one game all year. And after last weeks embarassment, I think they have to prove something at home.

NY Giants -8.5 At St. Louis Over/Under 41.5 PICK: Rams /Over

Yes the Giants are over rated with a "Soft" defense and the Rams defense still never arrived last week at Philly.. But look for a shoot-out here with a high score. If Burress gets under 847 yards receiving, that will be a disappointment.

Other Favorite picks:

At Washington PK New Orleans PICK: New Orleans

At Carolina -3 Chicago PICK: Pantehrs

At Seattle -7 San Francisco Pick: 49ers

At NY Jets -1.5 New England Pick: JETS

San Diego -1 At Denver PICK: Broncos

At Houston -4.5 Baltimore PICK : Texans

ouch so far you are 0 for 3 and I guess the panthers game is null, not so good so far. Actually, you are 0 for 4 because you told me last night the Bills would get slaughtered today.

"I know they were just kids, but we kicked their pube-less asses!"

Comment

Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎