Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keyser28146
    Honorary DSA

The VP debate

Here's all the BS, lies and fabrications, just so you know which things both VP candidates said about the other's top of ticket person was actually true.

If you have ten minutes and are prone to political discussions read this, this way you won't embarrass yourself by accidentally parroting some political spin.

sigpic
  • jmhc74
    Honorary DSA
    • Dec 2007

I was hoping for Palin to say "strategery" - but I guess it didn't happen.:(
    sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• TheRealHanSolo
      Officer
      • Jun 2008
      • DSA Solo

SUMMARY: Vice presidential candidates Sarah Palin and Joe Biden meet in St. Louis. We check their facts and find some st

Here is my other favorite fact checking site.

Comment

• RegentOne
        Imperial Advisor

September of 08 troop levels was estimated at 146,00 as stated by Brookings.edu. Before the troop surge, numbers were at 132,000 in June as stated by Brookings.edu. The Brookings.edu letter does state the following, “All numbers are end of month estimates or latest data available for the current month.” The surge topped out at 171,000 as stated by Brookings.edu. This leads me to believe there is no definitive accuracy in troop counts in Iraq. To say Palin is not 100% right about the numbers is ironic and misleading with the data provided. She is just as right or close when you look at the numbers. Folks are just splitting hairs here as they are with most of the other data. I believe the data when it comes from the source and not second hand. The website, FactCheck.Org, is not all inclusive with their facts and data. Some of the information that they post are from only one source making it hard for me to believe the data.

As far as the debate is concerned, I didn’t even watch it. I waited to get the reviews since these break down what each candidate is talking about more clearly. I think they both had some good points of discussion from the reviews I have heard. But, I still like Sarah Palin because she seems more down to earth and honest than Biden could ever be.
        "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
        {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

• AndyPants
          Civilian
          • Oct 2004
          • Pants9000

:D

Comment

Ad

Collapse