X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedooku
    Honorary DSA
    • Sep 2008

ISF TV Calibration

Has anybody ever had this done? I need to replace the lamp in my TV and I'm considering calibrating it after. From what I hear it will cost a couple hundred bucks to have a certified technician come 'calibrate' your TV/projector. Lots of what I read says it's worth it...but I'm curious if anyone here has any experience or advice for/against.

"The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it"
  • norm
    Imperial Guard
    • Jun 2006
    • DSA norm

you can try the AVS Forums. They might be able to hep you out for something like this.

Comment

• thedooku
      Honorary DSA
      • Sep 2008

Thanks norm, AVS is actually what got me looking into ISF calibration. Got a hold of the only local outfit that does it: $500-700 normally, but they don't do Sony, so they can't help me even if I wanted to spend almost half the cost of my tv on a calibration. Lookin around some more I think I'll invest in the $20 "Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics (Blu-ray)" which has received some good recommendations.
      I'm not looking for perfect, just knowing that I've adjusted my TV to compensate for the dying lamp, I know I'll need to re-adjust the new lamp to get a great picture.

"The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it"

Comment

Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎