X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sovereign
    Honorary DSA
    • Jan 2008

"Dead Set "- British zombie miniseries

I suspect that there are a few people around here that are fans of the zombie genre, so I figured I'd let y'all know about Dead Set, a British zombie miniseries I came across.

IMHO, a pretty good 5-episode zombie production and worth watching if you're into that kind of stuff. Is it just me, or does it seem that the Brits like to make their zombies quick and nimble unlike their lumbering American cousins? Anyway, in spite of fast-moving zombies, the series is well-done and genuine (read: undead, as opposed to the ilk of 28 Days/Weeks Later), has a good premise, a decent amount of gore, and best of all -- good acting.

There's a region-free DVD set out, which you should be able to play on your PC (otherwise you'll need a PAL DVD player).
    ... or you should be able to locate the episodes where you usually find videos online...

http://www.e4.com/deadset

Britain has a big problem. The dead are returning to life and attacking the living. The people they kill get up and kill – and it’s spreading like wildfire. Curiously, there are a few people left in Britain who aren’t worried about any of this – that’s because they’re the remaining contestants in Big Brother. Cocooned in the safety of the Big Brother house, they’re blissfully unaware of the horrific events unfolding outside. Until an eviction night when all hell breaks loose.

Kelly, (Jaime Winstone) the production runner working on Big Brother finds herself caught in the impossible position of trying to fend off the walking dead alongside the remaining housemates, Davina herself, a host of former Big Brother housemates, her producer boss Patrick (Andy Nyman) and boyfriend Riq (Riz Ahmed).

Over the ensuing days, in a cruel reflection of the game show they thought they were entering, the contestants fall victim, one by one, to the hungry masses outside. Staying alive requires teamwork – which is tricky when you’re a group specifically selected by TV producers to wind each other up.

is not the hope you are looking for...
  • sovereign
    Honorary DSA
    • Jan 2008

Didn't realize the youtube I linked to stopped working.

And here's an NZB for those who know what to do with it.
    Attached Files

is not the hope you are looking for...

Comment

Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍