Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deslock
    Darth Beratter

Sorry.

I'm sorry if I'm not more in a "Christmas" mood right now.

A very good friend of mine was killed in a car accident, and was laid to his final rest this very morning. He was a great gamer, a caring person, and a true friend in every way you can think of.

As you all know I said time and time again to everyone here that there is nothing more important than telling those people that you care about, that you love and cherish them. It isn't "gay" to tell your guy friends that you love and care about them. God, It's soo hard to type this with tears in my eyes...

Please love with all of your heart. Be a good person, and be a great friend. You come into this world with nothing, and leave with the same. Except for one detail: The effect you've had on others, good or bad.

The people you hold dear can be taken from you in an instant. Without warning.

William "Billy" Austin helped me move twice, and even helped my mother move her home. He was always there with a warm handshake, and a quicker smile.
    I'm just still in shock, and cannot believe he's gone, and I'll never see him again, at least on this side of life.

This Christmas I beg of you to take the time out to honestly tell your family and friends that you truly love them. I would damn near give anything just to tell him how much he meant to me and mine. If only I could give him a hug, and shake his hand just one last time.

So this morning when you're with your family and friends, PLEASE take some time out and hold them, and tell them that you really love them, and how much they mean to you. They may be gone before you know it.

I know you didn't know him, But Billy was a great guy, and was ALWAYS there if you needed him. I ask you to please be like him, and be there when your friends and family cry out for you, and need your help.

Rest in peace my dear friend, and may God watch over your soul 'til next we meet. (An old Crusader blessing).

This Stormtrooper's helmet comes off for you. God bless you my friend.

Now please, do as I ask this Christmas day. For Billy and myself, please honor your family and friends, and just take a small amount of your time to truly, and honestly love those close to you.

And trust me, you'll be the better person for it.

In Honor of Christ, the ultimate symbol of love.

Please have a loving and Merry Christmas.

Deslock.

sigpic
  • Ditch
    Civilian
    • Oct 2006

well stated..
    Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for Mankind - in The Twilight Zone.

Comment

• Zabka
      Imperial Guard
      • Nov 2004
      • DSA Zabka

Sorry to hear the news, Des. It's always so tragic to hear about good people being called before we realize their time is up. A very sobering experience for the holiday indeed.
      You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• RegentOne
        Imperial Advisor

Sorry to hear of your loss Des. Our prays go out to you, your family, and friends.
        "Do on to others before they do on to you.”
        {DSA} RegentOne

sigpic

Comment

• MajinTony
          Honorary DSA
          • Aug 2005

Sorry to hear Des. I had a friend younger than me succumb to drugs this year and it's difficult to have poeple with so much life left, leave so early. He'll be with you always!!

"Beefcake the Mighty, clotted with spew. His sword falls, skulls burst in two. The eyes burst from sockets, he is not through. Thousands of warriors he does this to. Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR

Comment

• RaTix
            Emperor

You have my deepest sympathy and condolences Des. I know how hard it can be to lose loved ones near the holidays. I think it says a lot that you decided to open up to us, your family of friends, about this tragic lose in your life.

Let me lead and take example in your words by saying with the dearest of sincerity, we all cherish your company and friendship... and love you, as a friend, brother in arms, and brother in this disfunctional family we call the DSA. Your lose is shared between us. I remove my robed hood and raise a glass of beer in your friends memory.

Let all those that read this post, take a moment and remember those close to us. Friends, family, and acquaintances through friends, whoever they may be. Let us all take a moment of silence when reading this to cherish the memories we have of those not with us today. For as long as we remember them and their goodness in our hearts and minds, they will never truly die.

Salute, Prost and Zum Wohl my friends. (Deslock and my other German brothers will understand)
            "POWER!!! UNLIMITED POOWWWEEEER!!!!!!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you."
            ?Darth Plagueis

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Comment

• Zabka
              Imperial Guard
              • Nov 2004
              • DSA Zabka

Well said.
              You're the best! Around! Nothings gonna ever keep you down!

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/DSA+Zabka"][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/DSA+Zabka.png[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• Deslock
                Darth Beratter

Thank you my brothers, I appreciate it, I really do.

I just feel so much for his poor mother and family, having to bury him on Christmas Eve. And worse yet, having to look at his presents under the tree..

That's why I posted about it. Not for anything for myself, but to put the message out again. This thing called "life" that we have is a precious gift, one that we all take for granted from time to time. And something like this really hits hard and makes that point. No one wants to go to a funeral on Christmas Eve morning. I became so upset and physically ill that I had to leave his viewing. But is was sooo tragic, and completely avoidable, but that's another story.

He came over to visit me, and we made plans to play paintball together, just the night before he died. He was only 24. He signed up to go to college, got haircut, cleaned up his act, and got a new girlfriend. Had his life right on track, and now this.

So my dear, dear friends, please, please, please learn from this. If there's only one thing in life I can ever teach you is this lesson.

1. Live like there's no tomorrow.

2. Love like there's no tomorrow.

3. Because there might not be a "tomorrow" for you.

I live with this issue every day. I have to, so it's more personal for me than probably anyone else reading this, that's why I preach it so much. I faced the Grim Reaper on far too many times than I care to think of. I'm truly lucky to still be here, especially amongst such great guys as yourselves. I've been truly blessed to still be here.

Every night when I go to bed, I honestly don't know if I'm going to wake up the next day, so I have a "unique" perspective on this. I don't like it, but that's life. I deal with it. I have to. I literally don't have a choice.

But you do.

Live hard, and love hard. More than anything, Love hard. Even those that maybe don't treat you as well as they should. Because you never know, you might just have an effect on them. Lord knows the world could use a lot more love, and a lot less hate. And we'd all be alot better off for it.

God bless and keep all of you in his hands.

Des.

P.S.:

Okay, now where is all the beer and the dancing girls, I'm not here for nothin' ya know...;) (Gotta keep the faith, ya know)

sigpic

Comment

• Deslock
                  Darth Beratter

And RaTix,

Thank you.

You guys are some of the greatest people I've ever had the honor of getting to know. I mean that.

To have the chance to be able to be a part of a group that believes in fair play, honesty, and good sportsmanship in every way possible IS a great honor. In it's own way, the DSA DOES help make the world a better place. Your not just good people, you're great people.

And it's truly an honor to be in your company, even if only for a few games. Because a DSA game brings happiness, laughter, and a true sense of brothership. Even if we all pick on each other from time to time, it's good natured. A man couldn't even ask for a better Clan of guys to play with.

I raise my glass to you my friends. And a sly wink.

Because that's what Billy would've wanted.

God bless you all.

sigpic

Comment

• keyser28146
                    Honorary DSA

Wow. Hate to hear about your loss.

I lost a close friend in 10th grade who was killed by a drunk driver 3 days after christmas. Never cared about presents or any of that again.

I'll his family in my prayers.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍