Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keyser28146
    Honorary DSA

Well Les isn't fake.

Sure, he COULD call for help, but he doesn't have an entourage going to the pet store for him because his methods don't work, or brushing and shoeing horses for him that he "finds", or making hotel reservations for him.

Bear Grylls is a chump.
    sigpic

Comment

• EagleOne
      Honorary DSA

So I can make a poll but not give my two cents, just like a canadian to rain on someones parade. I gave my vote to Bear and didn't tell you "don't vote for Les" I gave you my reason for the vote.

Bear Rules Dooku sucks

Comment

• keyser28146
        Honorary DSA

Dooku could beat up Bear Grylls with one arm. The man is a pansy.
        sigpic

Comment

• thedooku
          Honorary DSA
          • Sep 2008

I can't believe we're actually arguing about this. Refer to the videos in page 1 of this post....I need no more proof that Bear is a fucking teddy bear.

He couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag with scissors in his hands!

Eagle's poll began with his opinion (highlighted above in RED) which is clearly biased towards Bear. Nothing against Eagle, merely pointing out that a neutral poll post would not include the creator's opinion as a starting point.

You guys watch your Hollywood douchebag while the rest of us men learn how to survive without the help of our mommies and camera crew. :p

"The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it"

Comment

• thedooku
            Honorary DSA
            • Sep 2008

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I came across this and thought it was pretty good, regardless of who you like. Courtesy of HolyTaco.com

Drunken Argument for Survivorman:

Compared to Survivorman, Man vs. Wild is a total pussy. First of all, Survivorman is out there all by himself. He shoots it, produces it, directs it, and writes it. He even plays the harmonica and uses it in the opening title sequence. Let's see prissy Man vs. Wild do that. He has no one to help him out there if he gets stuck in quicksand, or is about to get eaten by a lion. Man vs. Wild parades around like a fairy, relying on gimmicks like eating elephant shit or drinking his own piss for ratings, but then he turns around and makes a Production Assistant fetch him some mouthwash and a soy latte. If Survivorman is going to drink piss, then you know goddamn good and well he has come to the end of his rope, and he's enjoying every last drop of his own golden shower, because he knows it's going to get him through the night. Sure, it might be boring at times, and sometimes you have to put up with him just sitting there and staring into space like a mongoloid, but that's what it's going to be like to survive out there on your own. He just wants you to know that it's not all action and adventure. He's real about it, because he's a real survivalist, unlike that phony Man vs. Wild.

Drunken Argument for Man vs. Wild

Man vs. Wild is a complete badass, and that's all there is to it. We've seen him guy climb a tree using his shoelaces, seek shelter inside of a dead animal carcass, and build forts in 30 minutes that could make a 12-year old with an entire Saturday to spare jealous. People sometimes complain that Man vs. Wild isn't realistic, and that's probably true. That's because Man vs. Wild isn't trying to show you what it's like to survive. He's trying to teach you how to survive. Man vs. Wild will find quicksand, jump into it, and then show you how to crawl out. If Survivorman finds quicksand, he'll be like "here's some quicksand. I'm going to walk around it, so I don't get stuck." Which one of those situations is more entertaining to watch on television? Survivorman is a show about a guy who's trying not to die, and it turns out that watching someone not die is boring as f*ck. An entire episode of Survivorman can consist of that scraggly chubbo eating some ants and then sitting in the shade for the rest of the day, and he'll say something like "Well, I've eaten some ants, and now I'm going to sit in the shade and survive." What the f*ck is exciting and entertaining about that? I'd much rather watch Man vs. Wild kill a f*cking boa constrictor with a rock, gut it, and then wear it through the jungle like a NYC hipster with a trendy scarf. If I'm in the mood to watch someone sit in the shade and eat bugs, I'm not going to turn on the TV. I'm going to drive down to Home Depot and yell at the migrant workers (especially if it's a Thursday afternoon, because that's when they're most desperate). Man vs. Wild may be less realistic, but it's more entertaining and more awesome, and since it's a TV show, that's exactly what it should be. Man vs. Wild FTW.

:D

"The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it"

Comment

• EagleOne
              Honorary DSA

This is great, good find. We have a bunch of survivormen sitting out in the parking lot waiting for someone to come by.

I really like this thread.

Comment

• jmhc74
                Honorary DSA
                • Dec 2007

sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎