Ad

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captnjeter
    Honorary DSA

I like how Adobe and Sony normalize the sound better. Audacity, if I recall, just max-es out the sound. I've done my best to forget about Audacity, but that's probably because I wasn't taught on that software.

Even Audition is week in normalizing (which I use the most in the production work I do) and I've had to improvise on making edits with it. Sound Forge is the best I've used, hands down, but I can't seem to get a copy of it. It's not great for multi-track work, but everything from normalizing and sound altering with WaveHammer is just so much easier than it is with anything else I've used. But again, it's impossible to use it for multi-track editing which makes Audition more useful sometimes.
    "You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we're playing a game. It's a business, it's our job, but I don't think you can do well unless you're having fun." - Derek Jeter

Comment

• Crono
      Honorary DSA
      • Dec 2004

Yeah see, I've only done multitrack work.

I am familiar with sound forge, but unless they significantly improved it, the distortions were too great, and the normalization was standard. I had better luck with Audacity, but that's just me.

Plus, Audacity is free.

Comment

• VcElder
        Civilian
        • Jan 2009

Ive got both, I will mess around with them.
        sigpic
        Inventor of the Warhawk Chest Bump

Comment

• keyser28146
          Honorary DSA

I use Adobe CS3 MC, and haven't used soundbooth at all. I think you will find that just starting a new project in Premiere, then importing your sound as an asset and looking through the effects there will give you a TON of options and make editing things together a snap, not to mention you can simply choose "file, export, audio" and put it in whatever format you like to have it spit out any file you want.
          sigpic

Comment

• VcElder
            Civilian
            • Jan 2009

Aye, its a whole new profession...it is a little overwhelming. I am tempted to start throwing cash at my problem. Kids in college will work for beans.
            sigpic
            Inventor of the Warhawk Chest Bump

Comment

Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍