X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerry2
    Imperial Advisor

Happy Halloween

Hope everyone has a safe and fun one.

I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade. It may be he shall take my hand and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, it may be I shall pass him still. I have a rendezvous with Death, on some scarred slope of battered hill. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous.
  • Deslock
    Darth Beratter

It was awesome...We must have had over 500 kids visit our haunt !!!!

Our house ruled !!!!!

We also had a great a Halloween party also !

God bless you and yours !

Thank you Yentis and Ben for your help taking everything down.

It's far too bad that this great day only comes once a year.

sigpic

Comment

• Hogezz
      Honorary DSA
      • Jan 2009

Happy Halloween!
      sigpic

Comment

• norm
        Imperial Guard
        • Jun 2006
        • DSA norm

Merry Halloween to you guys also!

Comment

• Muncher
          Lieutenant

I like how the sign above the skeleton's head says "Welcome Friends". I will welcome you with a blaster rifle.:p
          We are all gonna have to live in da woods some day, cause the government is gonna take our guns away.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Deslock
            Darth Beratter

We had an awesome time. It was nice of the police to direct traffic for a while, since our house is located on a very busy four way intersection. We ended the night with four pieces of candy left *Whew*. The only thing that pissed me off was that my digital camera crapped out, so I couldn't get any pictures. Hopefully we can get some from someone.

I don't know if we made the paper yet. We tried to keep count of the ToT's..but it just got soooo busy we lost count. Now the bad part comes by having to store everything all up again.

Everyone loved the Skelleton Doctor and his torture table with the decapited heads and body parts, and the spider victim was a big hit also. We had it rigged up so that when the ToT's walked by him, the motion activated big spider dropped down on them ! And the kids were great also. Only a few kids that we had to take candy out to the driveway for them, because they were too scared to enter the graveyard...lol!!!

Now to start planning for next year !!! :D
            Last edited by Deslock; 11-01-2009, 11:30 AM. Reason: typo's. Dammit.

sigpic

Comment

• jmhc74
              Honorary DSA
              • Dec 2007

That's awesome Deslock....we had a house in our development that was decked out. Scared my 4 year old daughter but my 3 older boys just found it awesome!! The best part was a guy all dressed in gore laying in a coffin with the candy bowl on his chest. I wish there were more houses like this.
              sigpic

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

• Deslock
                Darth Beratter

I got this from www.skullandbone.com.. (Now that guy knows how to do a proper yard haunt..he amazes me...such good art and direction..Wow!):

Why we haunt.

Back in the good ol' days it was me, Dad, a thermos of coffee, and my bag of candy. Trick-O-Treating was our opportunity to see all of our neighbors and friends. As I walked the ToT, Dad stood at the gate with other fathers drinking coffee and telling us to " go.. go.. ".

Sadly, the days when your neighbors were your friends are starting to fade. How many of us can say we know our neighbors names? Mom and Dad both work long hours and commute. When the long day is done, and the family is finally together, nobody has time or the energy to be a truly good neighbor. 'Trick-O-Treating' has turned from a 'walk around the neighborhood visiting friends', to 'getting candy before bedtime'.

It's our time to step in. We haunters share our passion and love of the forgotten art, of being a good neighbor. Come to our house Halloween night. Meet your neighbors. Make new friends. Send your kids to the door for candy, and hang out with the adults sipping my coffee. Take your time, because in that brief moment of magic, you are the hero and the protector to your lil'un. As they timidly walk up to the spooky house and look back for your reassurance, you truly get to say, "it's okay, you're safe.. go.. go..".
                And don't even get me started on "Trunk or Treat". I know parents want their kids to be safe...but that's just wrong..

sigpic

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎