Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedaxxman
    Civilian
    • Oct 2008

RIGHT FUCKING ON RATIX!!!!! Everything in that post is completely true. I hate how people ostracize weed to be such a bad thing. IT SHOULD BE LEGAL. I mean, there are more drunk driving accidents then there are stoned driving accidents. I made a ratio to about 1 to every 10,000 stoned driving accidents to drunk driving.

"Weed is the healing of a nation, where alcohol is the destruction."
    I mean alcohol is a poison, along with any other drug besides weed. There's not a single problem with weed except you might get hungry or smoke too much and just pass out. But with driving, the worst thing I've ever gotten into was a fender bender and that wasn't even on my blame. The other person just wasn't paying attention and ran a stop sign. Sure scared the shit out of me though.

Think about it, weed is superior in so many, MANY, ways. It helps a ton of people with its medicinal purposes and what not. I mean, I use it for insomnia, its great for that purpose. But with alcohol, all you get is kidney failure or worse.

Weed could even have the potential to cure some diseases. I mean, its the bee's knees for depression, but with schizophrenia, that's a different story.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I WANT to SMOKE I will. I shouldn't be treated any different. No one should just because they like to smoke pot. I mean sure, we like to eat and sleep and the occasional laughing fit that doesn't stop for twenty minutes, but we're all still the same.

If anything should be criminalized its alcohol.

Comment

• mrpappy2u
      Civilian
      • Feb 2009

OK I have been reading this for a while and was going to remain silent , but .

I am 51 years old , started smoking cigs. in about 3 rd. grade Drinking by 6th grade but I then discovered pot summer of 7th grade, By 8th grade we would take super chargers and hold our breath until we would pass out , because coming back around was so cool , tingling finger head arms, I remember laughing as my friends would come around as their body was shaking and twitching.( pretty stupid as I look back ) I proceeded to stay stoned for about the next 15 yrs the last 10 of those years was basically wake up get stoned , lunch get stoned dinner ... smoke more and well of course I had all evening to smoke as well . I was stoned 24-7 for at least 10 yrs. I still drank, drove home many times with one eye covered so I could see straight , I have done acid, coke, free based ( loved it so much I only did it once ! thank god ! ) mushrooms, speed ( put me to sleep )
      hash . Not sure what else. My point if I have one is I was lucky, NEVER BUSTED .. No DUI's No accidents while messed up , no nothing, I WAS LUCKY !! One of my best friends was not so lucky , He wreaked every car he ever had, wreaked one of mine , wreaked a bran new 1976 toyota fj40 of his dads ( he stole it at night ) Had several DUI's many many tickets , I was lucky he was not.
      I think all of his issues came from the Booze NOT the weed. I haven't smoked any pot for over 18 yrs , I did take a hit about 10-12 yrs ago and I LOVED IT !! plain and simple I lOVED it the taste the smell the rush yea baby it was GOODD !! I have not smoked sense. To much to loose these days . RaTix is correct weak people should not do drugs but most can not make that call. I am glad you did not go to jail, and I hope you make the correct choices for yourself . I have a hard enough time making the right choice for myself , so I will not say if you are right or wrong , as long as others are not hurt by it. I will say this , and this goes back to my kids I have 6 kids , 1 birth child and 5 adopted , 2 are my great nieces , they were both born drug addicted one is by polar and Sydnee so far seems to be ok. Of the other 3, 1 is by polar and has so many issues she may never be able to hold down a job, one is her 1/2 sister and seems ok but she was also drug addicted at birth and did clinically die at birth , the were able to revive her, My son Chris was born with fetal alcohol syndrome he has some big issues as well. I hope am am not rambling on to much but the drugs and alcohol affect so many more people than ourselves even when we do not want that to happen. These kids will live with the effect of this stuff for the rest of their lives. No one meant for this to happen but it did. Drugs are not good in our world legal or not legal ones, they are abused by us, the government and others for profit and control they will never go away . Many drugs do help when used correctly but are so easily misused. We can only look to ourself and be honest.
      I am not going to re read this to myself as it may sound to stupid , I have been there , I have seen friends in jail, Dead, suicides , attempted suicides, marriages broken up ( one of mine included ) and some very great times , ALL from this stuff , BUT the best time of my life has been the last 22 years with my wife and family WITHOUT the drugs. But that is just me. WE ALL HAVE TO MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES , OK so I did re read this , Basically who the hell am I to make ANY judgement calls on anyone, I WISH YOU THE BEST ! You will make the calls that are right for you !
      Last edited by mrpappy2u; 11-09-2009, 12:52 PM.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
      of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved
      body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly
      used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:
      "WOW...What a ride!"

Comment

• Deslock
        Darth Beratter

This all I have to say, and I will post no more about it. Period.

What is right, and what is wrong, can, and is judged by society. Is that fair always..No. But that's the way it is. Wether we like it or not.

When I was a teenager, there was no way in Hell you'd ever convince me to legalize pot. But now that I'm much older, and after seeing that our so called "War on drugs" is nothing but an outright lie, and a sham. My opinion has changed on that subject. The war on drugs has been as successful as prohibition in my opinion. And we all saw how well that turned out.

By removing the illegality of pot, it can therefore be regulated and taxed, like alcohol and cigarettes. And also removes the criminal element. Like how legalizing alcohol again removed the mob control of it.

But truth is always the truth, wether we like it or not. Pot is still illegal. And purchasing it, and selling it, is still considered a crime. I realised this as a teen, that there is indeed a double standard. If the cops caught us with beer or alcohol underage, we'd get one helluva chewing out, make us pour it all out, and then send us home. But if one of us was caught with a nickel bag...well, that was another story. That unfortunate slob went to jail. Is that fair?..No, but that's life.

I myself was busted underage for buying beer for a party. We were given an ass chewing, fined, and let go. But if we'd had drugs....I have no doubt we'd been off to Juvie. In Nashville to this day, if you are busted trying to buy drugs, they can, and will sieze and confiscate your car. If Brocman choose to take that chick out, and buy a six pack and go back to his house to watch a few movies, I'm sure beyond a doubt his night would've ended MUCH differently.

What RaTix said is true. Any weak minded individual can be swayed by any drug, wether it be alcohol, Pot. Meth, and so on. I cannot debate the truth of that statement.

But this is also true: Any legal drug you take for medical conditions is considered good by modern society. Any illegal drug you do is considered bad by society, and it's current laws. It's not my place to debate which ones are right, and which ones are bad. I'm neither Law enforcement, nor a lawyer. But that IS the truth of it. No matter how hypocritical it may seem, I don't make the rules.

If I go out and buy a six pack of beer, I can go home and get drunk as shit, as long as I stay in my own home, and don't hurt anyone, I'm good to go. But if I go out and buy a bag of weed and get caught, I'm getting arrested, going to jail, losing my car, and quite possibly losing my job, because I now have no way to get there. Same as if I was busted driving while drunk, because they won't seize your car for that, but they do take away your priviledge to drive by revoking your license.

Regardless of what's right and wrong in regards to opinion, facts are still facts. What's legal or not legal is for the people and the courts to decide.

But is of my opinion, that if you chose to remove your desire or need for drugs, legal or illegal for different than purely medical needs, you can, and will, only improve your life, and make it better. And yes, that also includes Alcohol in my opinion. My Father was a horrible alcoholic, and what RaTix said was true, it is very, very damaging...He drank himself to death, only after doing hatefull damage to both myself, and my Mother.

If you are not taking drugs for medical reasons, legal or illegal, if you chose to remove them from from your life, your only doing yourself a favor, and saving yourself from potential heartbreak, sadness, and regret.

Des.

sigpic

Comment

• mrpappy2u
          Civilian
          • Feb 2009

Well spoken. End of story.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
          of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved
          body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly
          used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:
          "WOW...What a ride!"

Comment

• thedaxxman
            Civilian
            • Oct 2008

Wow Des. You got me to tear up a little bit because I too know what it's like to have a father that drank into an endless oblivion and an early death. The drinking did a lot of emotional trauma to me when I was young. I watched that piece of shit beat my mom on drunken rampages and I couldn't do SHIT about it. I blame that for my depressive problems and habits and I still get flashbacks and its been about twenty years since it used to happen.

Comment

• Deslock
              Darth Beratter

Daxx, I'm truly sorry if this thread started into anything different than what it was meant to be. Forum threads can be like that sometimes. People post their opinions, conflicts arise, and a thread can go waaaay off on a life of it's own.

As a forum Admin myself, I personally know firsthand how threads can get out of control. On my own site I got into it with a close friend. It got way out of hand, and even had private personal info about my divorce posted for all to see. It destroyed our friendship. He married an ex-girlfriend of mine, and we haven't spoken in over ten years. And I loved him even more than a brother. It still hurts me to this very day.

But my overall statement to you is true, regardless of any facts in regards of the subject matter in this thread. If you ever need anyone to talk to, let me know in PM and I'll send you my Yahoo addy, and my phone number. I've been there, and I've done that. I am, and will always be here, for you. If you need me. And that goes for anyone here in the DSA. I've got your back.

We are a different breed here. We're more than a Clan, we're a family. We may bitch and fuss at each other, but anyone outside messes with one of us, that person better well watch their ass!

If you ever want to have anyone to talk to, have a shoulder to cry on, or need someone to help you, just let me know. I'm only a phone call away. I'm here for you.

Take care everyone, and may God bless you all. Really.

Des/Tie.

sigpic

Comment

• thedaxxman
                Civilian
                • Oct 2008

Thank you brother.
                Your right. WE are a family. I've noticed this special bond since the day I started with DSA.

Comment

Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎